It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPS902 Contrail Science plane theory debunked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

This whole thread doesnt say anything.

Its just a case of:

"I know best, its photo shopped, its a rocket, you dont know anything you stupid weathermen and scientists, I am right, the internet told me nananana not listening"

Its ignorant

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
reply to post by boondock-saint

It is not faked and hoaxed if he states that he has intentionally overlayed the photos to compare the movement of the clouds. He is not trying to trick you, its not like he has photoshopped anything in there, just comparing the photos.

This thread is getting quite ignorant

No, you are not reading properly...The original, untampered or overlayed pics were used..
Check here...
www.flickr.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
This is getting stupid now. Another thread on this?!

no
this thread is about a website
intentionally faking data for
an agenda. It's totally different.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

This whole thread doesnt say anything.

Its just a case of:

"I know best, its photo shopped, its a rocket, you dont know anything you stupid weathermen and scientists, I am right, the internet told me nananana not listening"

Its ignorant

If your not listening and certainly not contributing, then please go away..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

no

Doesnt say that in the title does it brains? Its the same title as the last thread without the word chinese. Your a mug, if there was a zoomed in hi res pic of a plane saying flight 902 you will still argue.

Can't believe your still talking about it. Im done with this BS.
edit on 17/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In this image you can see I've overlayed a small square section of the cloud and plume from 2 images, seems to fit snugly in there:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/763ad49e7cbf.jpg[/atsimg]

In this image I've overlayed the whole plume, the building, and half the cloud from two images:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f482f033c483.jpg[/atsimg]

The cloud doesn't move AT ALL, however it does change shape very slightly around the edges, throughout the series of images.

link   

It is not faked and hoaxed if he states that he has intentionally overlayed the photos to compare the movement of the clouds. He is not trying to trick you, its not like he has photoshopped anything in there, just comparing the photos.

This thread is getting quite ignorant

first of all, there was absolutely NO data used
in their video for the clouds. They were using
the data to locate the object in question.
So why look for clouds when it was only the object
they were going after?

yes he is trying to trick us
he is intentionally trying to
create an optical illusion so
he can place his other object where
he wants it to go. He would only
do that for an agenda and that would
be to prove it was a plane.

I compared the photos too and I came
to a completely different outcome.

edit on 11/17/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

link   

Im waiting for you to supply us with some evidence. But you dont like that word do you.

The fact is:

You have no idea about weather or clouds.

You have no idea about rocket technology.

You have no idea about contrails.

You have no idea about photoshop.

And you have no idea how to present a logical argument with supporting data.

You can live in your little fantasy world. I'm with Oz on this one. ATS deserves better than this.

Im Out.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

no

Doesnt say that in the title does it brains? Its the same title as the last thread without the word chinese. Your a mug, if there was a zoomed in hi res pic of a plane saying flight 902 you will still argue.

How can you be done when you've added nothing?
No proof, no facts, nothing...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Im waiting for you to supply us with some evidence. But you dont like that word do you.

The fact is:

You have no idea about weather or clouds.

You have no idea about rocket technology.

You have no idea about contrails.

You have no idea about photoshop.

And you have no idea how to present a logical argument with supporting data.

You can live in your little fantasy world. I'm with Oz on this one. ATS deserves better than this.

Im Out.

lol, a fake is a fake..It's not rocket science...
And I've added a lot more to this thread than you...You have just posted useless rants..
Stick around and post some facts..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

no

How can you be done when you've added nothing?
No proof, no facts, nothing...

Neither have any of you!! Its speculation!

Plenty of people have given evidence. How man y missiles have you seen that don't have a plume of smoke behind them? This one just seems to stop ommiting smoke all of a sudden? Where did it come from? Why was there no airspace warning? because it wasn't a missile!

I understand this is a conspiracy site but Jesus christ. I think you will find in the previous thread which talks about the exact same thing as in here, there is a great post with evidence suggesting its a plane. Clearly you haven't read that, just wanted to get your oar in and have a controversial opinion

www.smartplanet.com...

How do you like them apples?!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
double post

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

No Jexmo..I'm not sure it was a missile and nowhere will you see a post saying I do..
But when people post fake pics trying to allude to a particular plane theory then that deserves to be debunked..
It may very well still be a plane...But you can't base that on faked evidence..
Surley as a member of ATS we should show hoaxers for what they are..
edit on 17-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

....this thread is about a website
an agenda.

AND your allegations of this, against that website, have NO MERIT!!!

It is obvious that you (and your helper) have no idea about the motion and variable nature of clouds, NOR do you seem to have a comprehension of how THREE dimensions work, wen viewing a TWO dimensional representation.

This entire premise of "fake" is predicated on a misunderstanding of the clouds in certain photographic images.

The horizontal "shadowy" dark cloud is a LOW LEVEL STRATUS type. It is in the foreground of the photograph, and much, much much closer to the camera lens than the CONTRAIL that is at least (maybe more than) 100 miles farther west, in the distance. AND at at least 30,000 feet higher than the foreground stratus cloud. The cloud, an contrail, themselves tell the story.

Foreground, stratus, appears "dark" because it is back-lit, by the setting Sun. On the side we are viewing it is in shadow, and thus, looks dark. IF you could instantly transport yourself, at that time and location, to a position on, say...Manhattan Beach, and then turned 180 degrees around, and looked at that SAME stratus cloud, it is likely to have been still lit up by the Sun, even after it has set, as light is reflected and refracted through the atmosphere. You would see it glowing a deep red color, maybe even orange-red, depending on the hour of day.

The contrail, farther in distance (MUCH farther) and higher, is illuminated from below, mostly...because where it's located, the Sun has not YET dropped below the horizon!! We live on a round Earth, folks...it's not flat and monotonous...you must try to learn geometry and trigonometry, to better visualize this, if you haven't yet attained the real-life experience.

Finally, there is the concept of motion, and relative motion, and perspective resulting from the various distances involved. An art class can teach about perspective and illusion, but that is focused on the still aspects of that field.

Cinematography would be a better endeavor, to learn some things. OR, just get a video camera (they are getting so ridiculously inexpensive, just about ANYone can afford to own one, by now!) ** and experiment for yourselves....might be the best way to learn, and come to understand, these principles.

**I saw some morning TV segment about new consumer tech, and there was a (Sony< I think) video camera...small, like a deck of cards or just larger, took 5 mega-pixel stills and HD video....and the guy said it cost about $160!!!**

(Googled, found one for $141!!! www.google.com...#

Just one example.....

Look for books on it (or articles online too) in your local library

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Excuse me for gettin frustrated. Its just annoying the way people argue for the sake of arguing on here. I have just posted a pretty much exact replica of the pic we are discussing which people also thought was a missile but was later proved to be a plane. We will see how that goes down, with much hostility no doubt.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

All true WW but can you explain why the other cloud on the left of the contrail is moving as fast as the contrail?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

How do you like them apples?!
Well, the article doesn't really bring anything new to the table...but I found some of the comments to be making valid points:

I lived in Southern California for many years and I can tell you I have never witnessed any phenomenon as was witnessed on Monday night. I have a brother in law that is retired Air Force and he told me that is NOT contrail. Personally, I have watched every shuttle lift off since its inseption. Now THATS what it looks like. If you review any video of this mystery, you can actually see the rocket pulsate, as the shuttle rockets do.

If it were a jet the pentagon would have been able to confirm that easily, jets have flight plans, communications, and show up on radar. It was only 35 miles off of the coast, the residents in SoCal would be able to determine if it was a missile or jet at that distance. It lit up the sky, jets fly over SoCal all of the time and don't draw this much attention, there are several air force bases and commercial airlines in the area, If it were just a jet it wouldn't have drawn this much attention.

In some images you can actually make out a little black "missile" type object, I'm not saying it's definitely a missile, but it aint no plane, I'm sure about that.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Jexmo, If someone proved to me it was a plane I would be happy...
It worries me that no one wants to confirm its a plane and then we get these hoax pics..
That's real scary...What are they hiding?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think there are only two people left in the world that believe (and so desperately want) this to be a missile.

That website says they are overlying photos...so they can get the path of the contrail...why is that hard to understand?

Let's look at the evidence.

Evidence that it was a missile: some people saying "I've seen missile launches...and that looks like a missile".

Evidence that it was a contrail: Same evidence as above....along with, flight path data, wind speed and direction data, photo analysis, a vanishing contrail in later pictures, experts saying "That's NOT a missile".

Evidence that is was a chinese sub: Zero...pure fantasy and speculation

So there it is...you decide.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't care if it was a missile or not..
What I care about is a hoax useing shopped pics which is what this thread is about...
You can still go out and prove it was Flight 902. just not with this hoax information...
All 5 pics are the same image just altered slightly and moved to give the impression of a contrail at the correct height and wind speed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join