It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Please check out my music

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hey I just finished a new song for part of my cosmic canopy project [trippy chill electronica regarding space].. am looking for thoughts/comments/criticism. Can't seem to find belowtopsecret.. this new ATS layout is a bit confusing.

Not particularly conspiracy related, although I have quotes from Manly P Hall and JFK in this song. But yeah let me know what you think. Mods move this to appropriate section or delete if need.





posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Join a music production forum if you want to plug your music. Where's the conspiracy in this - the fact you also advertise your songs in your signature?

edit: if you post it in BelowTopSecret I think there's a music section.
edit on 17/11/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 


Are there any real instruments other than a keyboard or PC? What software was used in the mixing/editing?



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Join a music production forum if you want to plug your music. Where's the conspiracy in this - the fact you also advertise your songs in your signature?

edit: if you post it in BelowTopSecret I think there's a music section.
edit on 17/11/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)


Haha oh yeah, I put that in my sig a long time ago and forgot about it.. Anyways I couldn't find how to go to belowtopsecret. I tried to type in www.belowtopsecret.com but it didn't work.



Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 


Are there any real instruments other than a keyboard or PC? What software was used in the mixing/editing?



Other instrument = microKorg. Software = Reason



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... would be a more appropriate place for this thread.



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker
 


Ok yeah. Do they not have belowtopsecret anymore, like is it all consolidated into one forum now? Anyways, how can I move this.. do I need a mod?



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 




Other instrument = microKorg. Software = Reason


I meant other than a keyboard. The microkorg is an old school style analogue/MIDI performing short scale synth with light on a gooseneck (from memory).

In your signature you ask for feedback. Composing entirely from MIDI gets a little boring & generally lacks musical skill compared to say a full scale keyboard or other instruments like guitar, bass, drums & brass etc. I still believe MIDI voices (even the very expensive ones) are of exceptionally poor quality compared to the real thing that they are imitating.

I can see you have some music skill but why waste it with toys like MIDI? Use real instruments & you will gain credibility among the real musical community not just the electronic community. Continue in your current style using real instruments & you will get a very unique sound, something to be proud of.

Cheers



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 




Other instrument = microKorg. Software = Reason


I meant other than a keyboard. The microkorg is an old school style analogue/MIDI performing short scale synth with light on a gooseneck (from memory).

In your signature you ask for feedback. Composing entirely from MIDI gets a little boring & generally lacks musical skill compared to say a full scale keyboard or other instruments like guitar, bass, drums & brass etc. I still believe MIDI voices (even the very expensive ones) are of exceptionally poor quality compared to the real thing that they are imitating.

I can see you have some music skill but why waste it with toys like MIDI? Use real instruments & you will gain credibility among the real musical community not just the electronic community. Continue in your current style using real instruments & you will get a very unique sound, something to be proud of.

Cheers



Hey man, thanks for your feedback. I use a different keyboard that is full scale to interact with the software [yamaha something I forget], although I did not really use it to it's full capacity. I actually have a decent keyboard/piano background, been playing since I was 8. The software is a collection of synths, samplers, sequencer, etc.. and effect machines that are all fully customizable.. It's the best I can do for now with no money haha. The voices are not preset and are rather synth patches that are made. And using a drum machine doesn't really cut it for beats that's for sure.

Anyways, thanks very much for the feed back. I hope to move on to more real instruments when I can get the $$.



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 


No worries man! Just don't ever give up. Try & think originality outside the box on what others in your Genre are doing. Anytime you need advice or feedback let me know!

Cheers



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 


Your thread is in MUSIC. Where else they would put it, I don't know.
I listened to it. It is not annoying...but I can't say I exactly liked it.

I didn't NOT like it.

Maybe it just isn't my style...but then (you like piano?) this is more my style....

I'll give you S&F however, for being CREATIVE!

You shouldn't care who likes it...if YOU like it...that's "good enough for jazz."

edit on 17-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: supporting the arts



posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain
 


Thanks for the comment man, I had originally posted this in general conspiracy which is what those posts were about.. I couldn't find below top secret. anyways, thanks for the comment, I try to make a style that is different so I don't expect a lot of people to think it's awesome or anything. Hey if you like beatlesy stuff, I would recommend checking out this band called Dr. Dog, they are like the beatles meets modest mouse. Kind of hard to describe, but a very awesome sound.



posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 


edited it a little. new video here




new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join