It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Nightmares, The Rise of the Politics of Fear (documentary)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting. I'm watching it right now so I'll just leave you with the Wikipedia description:

The Power of Nightmares, subtitled The Rise of the Politics of Fear, is a BBC documentary film series, written and produced by Adam Curtis. Its three one-hour parts consist mostly of a montage of archive footage with Curtis's narration. The series was first broadcast in the United Kingdom in late 2004 and has subsequently been broadcast in multiple countries and shown in several film festivals, including the 2005 Cannes Film Festival.

The films compare the rise of the Neo-Conservative movement in the United States and the radical Islamist movement, making comparisons on their origins and claiming similarities between the two. More controversially, it argues that the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies.

The Power of Nightmares has been praised by film critics in both Britain and the United States. Its message and content have also been the subject of various critiques and criticisms from conservatives and progressives. Curtis has also been quoted in such publications as Liquid Times by Zygmunt Bauman.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17/11/10 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Good to see these all posted in one place. This is a great documentary and a must watch to gain a deeper understanding on the "War on Terror". I believe it is this documentary where the origins of al quaeda are explained.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yea, fantastic and indepth documentary that's well worth the watch. Thanks for posting it all up here. Star and Flag.

Another interesting Curtis film is The Century of the Self (Link to wikipedia).

Adam Curtis does brilliant work!
edit on 17/11/10 by strangequark because: Removed half sentence

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangequark
Adam Curtis does brilliant work!
edit on 17/11/10 by strangequark because: Removed half sentence

Yep he seems to be a critical thinker alright, and century of self shows up how they got america and the west to be the way they are. Amazing how the maniplulate people.

Like how ireland has fought for centuries to get rid of english rule, and now they gave it up in a wimper to europe, for nothing. Shows you how good these people are, when using stealth, not force like the english did for centuries.

I think the anglo american empire is responsible for gaza, and i think they are lying saying it is hard to fix, i am sure with what they have today the problems are created by the anglo american empire, not the situation itself.

Just shows you a motive exists, and the problems we often see are created to be such.

I doubt the situation in gaza is that hard to fix, its just the anglo american empire want it that way. Pure evil.

edit on 11/17/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Brings to mind an old Outer Limits episode entitled "The Architects of Fear"... Produced in 1962, I believe, this episode forebodingly outlines the fear-mongering tactics of the New World Order in the first 2 minutes...

RIP Robert Culp

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/17/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That was a great film.
It is also available on Netflix, for those of you who prefer watching movies somewhere other than the computer
power of nightmares
edit on Wed Dec 1 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: I kan't spell

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i remember watching this on tv, thanks for the reminder. will watch again soon.
s+f

top topics

join