It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Meteor Over Anchorage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Normally I would ignore seeing a meteor in the sky, but this one was the strangest one I've ever seen.

At 8:58 PM AST (approx) while looking up and south standing leaning against my office building a bright white object moving extremely fast came over my head from the north, traveling south. It looked to be not that high and shot to the middle of the sky and disintegrated.

What was odd was the shape. It appeared to be square and I mean with sharp 90 degree corners on the front end with trails streaming from the back corners and of course the usual tail. It was white hot and just vaporized right over Anchorage.

Space Debris? Must be. Just thinking out loud. I'm in Anchorage, Alaska and was near Downtown at the time. Space Debris is the only reason I can wrap my brain cells around to explain the shape?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Borg cube? Maybe a Leonid meteor. It's that time of year.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Crazy stuff from Elmendorf? I'm right inside the Government Hill gate and I look up quite frequently, but the only thing I ever see are the F-22 Raptors. I'll keep an eye out, I've been hoping to see something up here.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Odd though. The front was perfectly square like the bottom of a box.

I actually was fortunate enough to see a huge fireball the size of a house pass not to high straight over my head when I was about 9 years old. Lit up the whole place like daytime. Hit somewhere north of the Great Salt Lake about a 150 miles from where I was and they estimated it to be the size of VW at the time it hit. When it passed over me it was wider than the large house across the street from where I was sitting. It was just like the movies. That was in the early 1960's. This though, this was something else. I think it had to be debris. It was pure white hot and perfectly square on the front. Had it just been another meteor, I would not even have posted about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MGriff

I was on 15th standing in front of a building facing south and it came over me from the north, heading south. Vaporized like I said. The shape so caught me off guard I can still see it clearly in my mind. That was no meteor. Oh well, really is no more significant than a meteor anyway. I'd imagine debris coming down is common.

I was looking up thinking this would be a good night to drive out to the valley if there happened to be a Northern Lights display. We don't get than many clear nights like this was. The Aurora Forecast is quiet all week though.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hmmm, could it be connected to that missing military jet from Alaska, I wonder? I just finished reading this thread on Breaking News:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xlynyr

Interesting thought but this happened a couple of hours later. The reason I know the time is I was locking up my office.

They lost it up near Cantwell, so I doubt it.

edit on 11/17/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join