It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Subconscious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I decided to post a bit of my personal theory/belief on how the subconscious mind works and directly and indirectly affects the conscious mind. I'll admit the research I have put into this subject is a bit unorthodox and doesn't follow the scientific model. So take this with a grain of salt but at least entertain the theory.

The Subconscious: The mind of the mind

I by nature am an extremely observant person and have what I consider above average pattern recognition abilities. When I meet people I almost immediately notice traits in their body language, behavior, and speech patterns as well as many other things. Its not only people I do this with but I find people are the most fun to "decipher" so to speak.

I have noticed through my personal observations (which is primarily what good scientific study is, is good observation) of human nature is the human mind functions on 2 levels the conscious and subconscious minds. If you ever had a feeling or said that "your mind has a mind of its own" well it does and unfortunately the part of the human psyche that is the most powerful and controlling is the part we are almost completely unaware of (subconscious).

The subconscious mind seems to be where almost all conscious thoughts, opinions, beliefs originate from. This is why corporations spend millions upon millions on advertisements that last all of 30 seconds most times. Because regardless of whether or not you agree or even like the advertisement it is embedded forever into your subconscious mind like a seed in soil. This is why NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) is so incredibly effective.

NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming

This is a language that is hidden within common talk that is designed to talk to your subconscious, which is extremely influential.

Here are some example of NLP in action:

Bicycle Trick
Paper Money
Subliminal Advertising

The subconscious mind is almost like a infinite storage device that holds all life experiences in a unorganized “soup”, this soup is accessed by the conscious mind through “tags” or “labels” that the conscious mind applies to the life experience as either “important remember this” or “insignificant do not label” regardless of whether or not the experience is labeled for conscious retrieval the experience still remains in tact in full within the subconscious soup.

The conscious mind labels life experiences for retrieval because if it didn’t it would be completely overwhelmed with information and become unable to function with so much information. Ever have so much stuff to do that never gets done because you don’t know where to start? This is what would be normal if the conscious mind didn’t have the subconscious mind to hold the information, it would be brain overload.

Further examples that are evidence of the subconscious soup are dreams. Almost everyone I have ever talked to, talks about having dreams that make absolutely no sense and are like a world built with real life objects/people/places but are all mixed together and is almost always completely nonsensical.

The other night I had a dream that I married my old 2nd grade teacher and had a child who was born as an adult who was my real life wife? The locations of this dream constantly changed and nothing was ever related. The only way I can explain this oddity within the mind is through the “subconscious soup” theory.

It’s all as if we are super HD video/audio/sensational recorders that record every second of our life and store it in a bottomless pit called the subconscious. Every little detail experienced is there in its original experience just not all of it is easily retrievable. Hypnosis is a commonly used tool to get into this soup of experiences and retrieve the details that the conscious mind didn’t label as important at the time.

Because neither the hypnotized or the hypnotizer consciously knows the experiences of the person being hypnotized, it’s not an exact science into what is being pulled out. This is why hypnosis is taken with a grain of salt, because who knows what details of an experience you are pulling out and whether or not they relate to the information you are trying to gather.

Time:

The subconscious mind works so much faster than the conscious mind and a good example of this is when you go to sleep. Everyone can agree that 8 hours experienced asleep are much shorter than 8 hours experienced consciously. If you were to record the bible on audio and speed it up to gibberish your conscious mind wouldn’t be capable of making any sense of it, however your subconscious mind still collects every word said within the gibberish and puts it in the soup. Rest assured the gibberish bible is within your subconscious but is very difficult to make sense of consciously because your conscious mind doesn’t understand the gibberish like the subconscious mind can, it works much slower.

This is really where mind control, and influence come into play.
Because you can put “seeds” into the human subconscious that the conscious mind can’t make sense of you can influence conscious decisions because the conscious mind wont recognize them as foreign and eliminate them. The conscious mind will believe it is a true personal though/belief/idea or whatever.

The movie: Inception

Brings up many of these theories throughout and regardless of the validity was an amazing movie that did an excellent job at making sense. Its not easy for the average person to follow though, you have to seriously pay attention to the whole movie.

Because the subconscious mind works in this manner it is extremely easy to deceive and influence.

~sly~

edit on 17-11-2010 by Sly1one because: links

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just thought I would "chime" in and add a thread of mine that I think that you will enjoy. This is a very extensive subject, that can actually open up peoples minds to a whole new world. Words, symbols, signals, and hand gestures are used for and against the masses everyday.
S&F

Subliminal Manipulation, Can you see it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
it's called inception

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
How could one speed up (so to speak) the conscious mind to the speed of the sub conscious mind?

Read this could be done but some deal must be made between the two...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherCLou
How could one speed up (so to speak) the conscious mind to the speed of the sub conscious mind?

Read this could be done but some deal must be made between the two...

Well that is a good question, I don't think the conscious mind is supposed to work at speeds on par with the subconscious mind because its designed to work in a slower manner to interpret information in a more "manageable" way. I do believe thought that you can enhance the awareness between the two so they can work in tandem better, thus allowing you to utilize subconscious material from the conscious mind, that initially the conscious mind was completely unaware of.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodinbloodout13
it's called inception

Oh I know which is why I referenced it at the end of the post. Its an amazing move and really opened my mind up to some things.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Just thought I would "chime" in and add a thread of mine that I think that you will enjoy. This is a very extensive subject, that can actually open up peoples minds to a whole new world. Words, symbols, signals, and hand gestures are used for and against the masses everyday.
S&F

Subliminal Manipulation, Can you see it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

Thanks for the link to your thread! NLP is pretty interesting stuff, just shows that mind control and manipulation don't require funny hats with electrodes while being tied into a chair. For me anyway it is proof mind control is real.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Absolutely! I love this stuff, and it can lead into sooo much more. I think the scariest thing that we could ever really disclose, is that we ARE in fact very intelligent beings, that have more to offer then we are taught. Could you imagine 100 years from now, people making fun of how we didn't read each others minds, or things like commercials made this generation stupid

Thank for doing the thread, also if you dont mind, I would also like to offer you to look into "synchromysticism".

Look into your info, my thread, and "synchromysticism", and it will literally blow your mind.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join