It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super High Defination Photo Of London, Big Brother Can See Your Pimples

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Big Brother will be loving this.

Bet they really zoomed in on naked girly piece of picture that they kept for themselves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a0672ea47fd.jpg[/atsimg]

web.orange.co.uk...

The world's highest ever definition photograph has been taken of London - so detailed that a naked woman caught in a window had to be edited out.

The London gigapixel project took six weeks to complete using high tech computer software and a powerful Fujitsu Celsius workstation with dual 6-core CPUs, 192GB of RAM, and a 4GB graphics card.

The resulting image is made from 7,886 high-resolution individual photos, adding up to an incredible 80 billion pixels, and can now be seen online at www.360cities.net... .

Picture
www.360cities.net...

This link to photo was generously provided by XigXag, he found my provided link was broken & found this one instead. I editted mine to save later viewers any confusion.
Thank you XigXag.

edit on 17-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/11/20 by GradyPhilpott because: see note above

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Your links are broke.
www.360cities.net...

And that is AWESOME BTW, thanks

I take part of that back. The link in the story doesn't open correctly.
edit on 17-11-2010 by XigXag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

This is awesome, thanks!!

Got lost in the sky looking for UFO's.

Only me.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XigXag

Thank you for finding correct link. Will fix my link & give you the credit.

edit on 17-11-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thats COOL.
zoom in all over the city

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
amusing to see how many pot leaf windowshades there are in london.

next time, please google...do south beach on a sunny day...zoom in on some wonderful...waves..and stuff...ya..waves

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Probably just you :p I was looking in windows trying to find women they missed editing out

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

If you find any please let us all know.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thanks so much! This is way cool, I will spend hours now just exploring. I was in London in 1988 for only 3 days. I was in Heaven. I am such an Anglomaniac.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Fascinating technology, but I would never want to live there.
1984. no kisses.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
On a clear day you can see Russia in the distance.

Seriously, this totally rocks! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Meh, don't want none of that southern fairy shandy tea drinking nonsense......give me a 10GP panaorama pic of my home county (Cumbria/Lake didtrict) and us northern monkeys, thats a far prettier site than nodnol (Red Dwarf fans will get the reference, lol).

Only joking chaps, stunning pic, although the first image it zoomed in for me was what looked like some poor homeless person scrounging for change

edit on 17/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I found a ghost.

After I screened it the page crashed on me.. I will go back now and show you exactly where I saw this.

Either a ghost or a telly - what do you think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3d9a27f94af.jpg[/atsimg]

I will be editing this post in a few

I have edited

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f0126d9f65d.jpg[/atsimg]

I do not know what building this is. You can find it tho. I saw the "light" in the window as I was panning past. I had to check it out closer.
edit on 17-11-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Good find, could be anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

I don't blame ya! London is has the most cameras in one city in the world.. One example is that we have more cameras in a small suburb called croydon than there are in the whole of new York state!!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

That's sad. What is so important about Croydon? I
s the crime so high in that area or is it a major business area?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Nothing special about croydon just a small city centre, with a small population.. The CCTV problem is all over London, croydon was just one example comparable to new York... I've heard that on average in London you are filmed more than 30 times a day!!
We have cameras everywhere.. On the roads, bus lanes, train stations, most shops, hotels etc we also have an extensive CCTV system that films people in the streets, which are being watched and manned 24 hours a day!!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

NODNOL? That's in Bulgaria isn't it?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That will make you think twice walking around in your apartment with nekkid..

I wonder if they could get sued for not having a model release form for each identifiable person in that picture

Model release

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

If you factor the news this week of the new developments (and implementation) of the iris scanners, you can get another glimpse of how far these technology are going, and in what direction, they will effect us personally.

Soon, you won't even need an appointment for a colonosopy. And once they attach a robotic finger to those cameras. Viola! No need for a doctor's visit for a prostrate check either!

Then there's the implementation of the recent Obama order that it is OK to kill American citizens deemed to be terrorist. Condensing these new technologies, we can expect those robotic fingers under the excuse of imaging your eyes or hindquarters to be inserted thenin and probably causing much discomfort, possible even your demise it you are on a particular list or two. Remember that old GE slogan when they only sold toasters, etc., "We bring good things to you"?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join