It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Space-Time Cloak' Conceals Not Just Objects, But Entire Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
First off I did a search and couldnt find any other threads about this, if I was blind my apologizes.

I was doing my daily new reading and found this really cool but kinda scary technology. Basically the bend space time to conceal events in time. So you can view a room and see no one there, but really the room is full of people.

Source
Source

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I find this very interesting. I was thinking about this and the old saying popped in my head " If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a noise? " Does the same thing apply here? Is DARPA creating an alternate reality with this technology?

Like I said in the OP, this is awesome but kinda scary.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Very, very intriguing topic, OP!

I wasn't able to open the links you provided. It most probably is some problem with my wonderful laptop, though...

Hide events...does that equate to those events happening in another dimension? And if so, does this mean events happening in one dimension can affect the environment in another dimension?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Sorry about the links, I tested and they work for me... I can re-post them is necessary.

this is an example rather than a suggestion – a person could fool a security camera buy manipulating the photons that reach it. Ostensibly, a safe-cracker could set up a space-time cloaking device, enter a room, empty the safe, close the door, and make his or her grand escape while a security camera fixed on the safe would see nothing but the closed safe. (You know, like the camera looping scene from Speed, except slightly more believable.)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

No worries, my friend. My laptop is...*sigh*...she has her off days...

Ah, the idea of manipulating photons is different from what I initially thought, but it's fascinating nonetheless. I'll try checking those links in the morning again; hopefully they will work for me then.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow... ok, so only 2 people think this is interesting

The fact that they have the tech to block any activity from being seen doesn't make anyone happy or sad or any emotion?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think this is very interesting OP. However, I have to say that I was instantly very nervous about this. What will they use this for I wonder?

I already think TPTB are conspirators and are secretive enough as it is, now they've got this they'll be able to do all sorts of covert stuff and leave no trail.

I'm suspicious of what it will be used for.

S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think this is very interesting. I was in this sorta thing as a kid so to speak. I really do honestly thing you can do this with the manipulation of space and time itself. Here is what i think. I could be wrong or am but still this is what i think. If you rip a "hole" thru space and time, and try to close it, it seems closed, but in actuality its not closed at all, it still is open. We percive it as closed but through other demensions it is open and what i heard it "ripples" and the only way you can close it if you make another "hole" maybe go back to when it first happened and close it. Then close the "hole" by staying back in time and living out your days in the past. I think i have been watching too many "Science Fiction" things.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think this this an excellent find OP. I don't think however that them being able to do this is a good thing at all. Why on earth would they want to? And what if it falls into the wrong hands?

top topics

join