It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Body Cleanse and Detox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
No conspiracy here. I was looking for a way to cleanse and detox my body naturally without using any chemicals and stuff like that. I know somebody here has an idea on how to achieve this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have always felt like I am constantly sick. Not really sick but I have often wondered if this is the best I could feel. I don't know if anybody else has dealt with this before but I will try to explain it the best I can.

We all have had days where you feel great but have you ever wondered what feeling great would really feel like. You might wake up one morning and say man I feel great but do you think it is possible to feel even better? I was trying to accomplish this myself and I think I could feel better if I were able to remove all the garbage out of my body. All these chemicals and processed foods puts a lot of stress on us. As I get older it seems to be getting worse and I would love to rid myself of this feeling that I have.

I have seen products you can buy that "suck" toxins out of you but I don't know if that is all smoke and mirrors or not. Your body absorbs all kind of stuff and I would like to remove as much of this as possible to see if you can really feel better or not by getting this stuff out of you.

I am up for pretty much open to any ideas or recommendations. I have changed my eating habits and I can honestly say that I do feel a bit better but if I could just get the rest out I think it would improve dramatically.

If you have any natural remedies or anything of the sort that you use please feel free to let me know. Maybe we can devise a list of some things you can do that can truly help everybody feel better then they already do.

To start I have removed caffeine from my diet. This was a big step for me but I can honestly say that I do feel better after I got over the "withdrawal" symptoms. At first I was irritable in the mornings and felt tired as the day went on but after a couple of weeks I honestly felt a little better.

Thanks
edit on 16-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No conspiracy here. I was looking for a way to cleanse and detox my body naturally without using any chemicals and stuff like that.

Kind of off-topic but...

- Everything is a chemical
- Everything in nature is natural, which makes humans and anything they do as natural as a bird's nest or beaver dam.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I know that milk thistle and dandelion root work very well. Combine milk thistle with SAM-e and you have a very potent detoxifier. The SAM-e itself is a super amazing supplement that is found in virtually every organism on the planet. Milk thistle cleanses and detoxifies the liver which is important.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not only eating right but the things we apply to our bodies can affect us.

I would remove Sodium Fluoride from your toothpaste and drinking water. Aspartame or Phenylalanine based products from any drinks or chewing gums. Stop using Aluminum Zirconium in your deodorants. There are alternative products out there you may just have to look a little harder to find them. Tom's of Maine has toothpastes without Fluoride. Old Spice High Endurance in stick form is Aluminum Zirconium free. There are more you will have to look for them though.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

I'm not really much of a believer in Detox, but I would say, Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables with lean meat.
Use Olive Oil, drink a sensible amount of water.

I think most of the commercially available detox products are a scam to tell you the truth.

Edit to add

The one thing that really can make you feel better is exercise, a little light cardio really does help in improving you mood and physical well being
edit on 16-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Electrification of the blood.
Bob Beck's "Zapper"

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What is your signature all about?
All my info??

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You say you don't really feel sick but just want to feel better?

Your post sounds as if you have read too much into the 'doom-and-gloom' about processed food, gluten, fructose, all that...as if you are trying to reach that above-and-beyond greatness of the language of marketing.

If you are not sick. Don't try to fix yourself. Staying healthy is easy, listen to your body.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
my mom was having gallbladder issues and decided to try this natural cleanse. She was desperately trying to avoid surgery.
You need to drink 32oz of ORGANIC apple juice everyday for 6 days , and on the 7th day , all you can eat is natural oatmeal w no sugar for breakfast , and rice and steamed broccoli for lunch , no dinner. but at 6pm, drink a glass of epsom salt water , and again at 8. This will start to "cleanse" you right away. Then at 10pm, mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with the juice of 1 lemon. Drink it and lay down still and quite for twenty minutes, then try to sleep. At 6 am you do the epsom salt again, and again at 8 am, and this time you will start passing gall stones that have been stored in the liver blocking passages to filter toxins. This is one reason people feel sick all the time, their liver is blocked with gall stones and it holds the toxins instead of filtering them. You are supposed to do this flush every month until you do it twice with no stones passed.

She tried this, and it worked. She was sick the next day as the toxins were released, but she feels better now, and hasnt had any other gall bladder issues since.
I know you didn't say you were having gall bladder or liver issues, but according to the book she read,almost everyone has gall stones in the liver and gallbladder, even children. This is due to poor diets.
I can get you more info if you want . This is just what I remember , there may be a few differences with the times and whatnot.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The whole Detox thing is marketing BS. I am a mortician and have spent considerable time finding way to help people be healthier, I would promote it if it worked.

Your body detoxifies itself quite nicely over a period of time, but areas like the brain take 10+ years. Heavy metals can only be pulled out by certain treatments that make you a lot sicker before you get better.

If you wish to speed up your bodies natural detox rate then find a way to activate your lymphatic system and massively increase circulation at the same time.. A whole body resistance training program or a decent vibration training program will help. Avoid exercises where only a few muscle groups are working under pressure ( like jogging ) The Serotonin and Neurotrophin high will make you feel much better, but only temporarily.

And remember their is no "cure" to the problem. The treatment must be ongoing.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Some of you may be forgetting that not everyone's bodies work to full optimum potential. This is why in some cases some fall prey to disease while others don't... try letting your body cleanse itself with a crappy liver. Some people are at the thresh hold of disease without actually being able to get a diagnosis. They haven't succumb yet but are on the downturn and can feel it. I firmly believe that what you put into your body counts although of course it may not always be able to ward off diseases that are coming your way but I'm certain that some things can help. To understand what you can put into your body that nature has provided might just come in handy... but you are certainly right about exercise.

...something I don't get enough of...exercise, unlike white sugar... which IS bad for you and can do quite a number on the reward center of the brain with some people which certainly doesn't help trying to cut it out of your diet. That is not made up stuff at all... and gluten? In some people that can be very very bad. It's called celiac disease and it's not that uncommon.

I wouldn't buy stuff that is marketed to you though. Do research. Grow your own noni fruit tree. I would love to do that. I love that stuff but you will never catch me buying it. Talk about WAY too expensive!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thanks for all the suggestions. The only reason I brought this up is because of the fact I am down to one kidney. With all the medication I have taken I am sure my liver has taken a beating too. It still functions but I want to try to get all this stuff out of my system.

I think all the stuff marketed on TV etc are total BS and that's why I posted this thread. Somebody has to know of something you can naturally do to clean yourself out.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
best way to detox is to stop eating pre packeted and processed foods. most of these have soya lecithin (emulsifier) as an ingredient and that is bad because it is made from unfermented soya.
Best foods to have is fruit and veg stop eating red meat(your body isnt designed to eat red meat). fermented soya products are also very good. (avoid unfermented soya thats bad for you ). drink goats milk rather than cows and increase your vitamin C intake. Vit C is the bodys repairer.
edit on 18/11/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Now that is something I think I can try and actually be able to stick to it. I rarely eat red meat cause every time I do my stomach gives me a good beat down for a couple of days.

Edit: I don't drink milk or eat dairy products at all. They make me very sick. Is goats milk different? I can drink stuff like Lactaid and Soy milk just fine.
edit on 18-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You mentioned goats milk - I was raised on it and will not touch cows milk to this day. My son who had Cystis Fibrosis could not tolerate cow's milk but he could drink goats milk. You might want to read up on the benefits - mind you it is rich and it may take some time to get use to the taste as well as the hefty price.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Having just spent the last two weeks Off with Salomnella poisoning then I have to say give it a try !!!! It has completely 'cleanesd' my system, i lost half a stone and drank only fresh water and salts to hydrate and keep myself going.. Now recovered My body feels as if it has had a complete overhaul and service....!!!!!

Please take this in the sarcastic nature it was intended -- I shall be careful from which back street Middle Eastern food supplier I eat chicken from in the future...

regards

PurpleDOG UK]

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

here is some information on goats milk

There are other alternatives: take goat's milk, for example. Patients with diarrhea, asthma, bloating and irritability may be suffering from the most common food allergy: cow's milk. Goat's milk is a natural alternative to cow milk and can comfortably be consumed by many patients who suffer from cow milk allergies or sensitivity. Although goat milk, like cow's milk and human milk, contains lactose, many people with lactose intolerance can drink goat milk. Why? It has been hypothesized that the reason lies in goat milk's superior digestibility. Goat milk is more completely and easily absorbed than cow's milk, leaving less undigested residue behind in the colon to quite literally ferment and cause the uncomfortable symptoms of lactose intolerance.

www.dynamicchiropractic.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

SAM-e makes you feel great! It's very important for mental health as well as physical.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If you want detox try eating a pound of San Pedro cactus. That'll detox you right up

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The best thing I could suggest is avoid wasting your money on anything claiming to help detox your body or anything of the sort. Instead just get a thorough check up to make sure you don't feel bad due to some sort of disease. Then make sure to eat healthy, by which I mean a lot of fruits and vegetables with a relatively small amount of lean meats, and make sure to get a decent amount of exercise. If anything will make you feel better those simple changes will.

new topics

top topics

join