It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supporters Rally Behind Recent Sweeps by Border Patrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In California, recent border patrol sweeps through North county have resulted in the arrest of 422 illegal immigrants since June 4. This has prompted the normal Immigrants rights group to prtotest, but there is a slow uprise and organization of Pro Border Patrol supporters who recently rallied earlier this week next to an immigrants rights protest.

photo:NCTimes
NCTimes Story

They may not rally in the streets as much as immigrant-rights advocates, but there is a considerable ground-swell of local residents voicing their support for a recent increase in immigration enforcement operations by the U.S. Border Patrol.

While pro-immigrant groups have held numerous rallies and meetings to protest immigration sweeps in North County, Riverside County and San Bernardino County in the last several weeks, opponents of illegal immigration have generally shown their approval of the patrols with letters to newspapers, to lawmakers and to the Border Patrol itself.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They should Rally .......Illigals comeing into our countery are killing the AMERICAN economy

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Damn aliens, I thought the aliens were suppose to invade in space ships and come from the sky. Hell, I'd welcome that cause then the people would realize they are real.

For the pro-immagrant people, wait till your company fires you cause an illegal will do the same job for a third of the pay. In the past certain towns on the border and groups would pay for the bodies of illegals. But this became a problem for how to tell an illegal from one here legally so they stopped. Also the government ran by Bush said it was wrong to defend your country from invaders. That's what it is people. Clive Cussler in "Treasure" made this point clear. How was Mexico going to invade America? With guns and tanks? NO! They did it by sending civillians in. Yep, they knew they couldn't beat us with guns, so they just sent a few million citizens in to take over Texas and other border states. It was stopped by the hero Dirk Pitt, but still, it a good idea. How would we stop them? If Mexico was to send in millions of their citizens to take Texas and other border staes, how would we stop them? Oh wait, Mexico is doing that! And we are doing little to stop them.

Go border control. I wish they hadn't stopped the programs of giving citizens money for the bodies of illegals. I could get a few freinds together, get our weapons together, and make millions. Hell, go to Mexico, buy tanks, land mines, another grenade launcher(yes another, my uncle bought one there, and could have bought a tank, but no way would my aunt let him keep it) and a few automatic rifles and we'd not only make millions, we'd eliminate the illegal problem. Of course, with Bush and Co. sending jobs to Mexico, would have to make money killing the illegals fleeing to Mexico to get a job instead of north to get a job. Well, hey, thats a good plan. Send all the jobs to mexico, the mexicans go to Mexico, we put a wall up and move the jobs back here and the Mexicans can't take them again for the wall would stop them! 40 feet tall, 20 feet thick, barb wire, electric fence, land mines, patrol groups with night vision goggles and assault rifles, maybe some missle rpg's to take out whole groups of them, and no more illegal problem. Sure Wal Mart would go out of business without all the cheap labor, but hey, that's what Kmart is for.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
immigration is when you come here legally.

when you sneak into another land it is called infiltration.

maybe these pro immigration groups should relabel themselves proinfiltration goups, since they seem to condone people coming here illegaly and how dare we stop people from breaking the law! thats just outrageous!

Q

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You hit that nail square on the head, PrankMonkey!

I just don't understand...why are there groups fighting for the rights of people unquestionably breaking the law? Their very existence here proof of their willingness to waive these rights. (Rights are for legal immigrants!) Do they have their offices next to the Hannibal Lechter Office of Legal Defense for Serial Killers? Go, go border patrol!

"Death to the infilers..."

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here's an image from a March 2004 protest in Tucson, AZ. Well, it's hard to call it much of a protest seeing as there were only a handful of people there.

If this genius actually bothered to open a history book rather than listen to some chicano separatist, he'd learn a little something about land he's standing on. Tucson, Arizona was acquired by the United States from Mexico via the Gadsden Purchase, not the Mexican-American War.

The rest of his manifesto is just some rambling piece of anarcho-marxist garbage. "Borders" are the natural result of human beings progressing from nomadism to settlement, existing long before any sense of corporate greed or jingoism. In fact, modern corporate society is seeking the removal of borders. Jingoism seeks to conquer and intergrate other lands and peoples into a larger structure.

As for the so-called "Aztlan," the Mexicans can have it back, as soon as the fight for it, win it, and return the $15 million we paid in reparations to Mexico. And don't forget to multiply that $15 million by inflation over 156 years.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
two things, one if he felt he was right why bother to hide his face? shouldnt he be proud to know something that noone elses does? (historical inaccuracy seems to be about it)

second....he wants us to listen to anything he says after calling us "gringo dumb#s"??? no thanks.

hiding his face like the klan wearing a hood. no difference in my eyes, just another coward full of ignorance and misguided hate.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
True true Mr. Prankmonkey, immigration is coming here legally, but if we called it infiltration the people wouldn't support it and the pro-infiltrators would lose all that money they get from people who support illegal immigration.

Also, how do they have rights? Americans have rights. American citizens have rights. People here legally have rights. People here illegally are called invaders and have no rights. Hell, according to Bush and Co they would be terrorists and not soldiers, so no Geneva Convention applies, so we could torture the infiltrators and no one can stop us. But would much rather se them for medical exp. that haven't been tested on animals yet or proven safe. Save the US a hell of a lot of money in research with animals.

My idea is to get as many of the illegals as possible, put them on a boat and ship them either to Antartica or Africa. They wanted out of their country, and they still are, just not in ours. Antartica cause it is cold and who the hell wants to shiver? And Africa cause 90% of it is a hell hole. "So Mr. Gonzales, you think Mexico sucks? Lets see how much you like Africa!"

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah hiding his face behind a bandana and calling me a dumbass makes me see him as a Klansman with brown skin. Moron.

I like Prank Monkey's idea: infiltrators. Thats about right. Immigranst come here legally. Illegals sneak in under shady circumstances.

So Atzlan and La raza both can kiss my ass, and kudos to the Border patrol and thier supporters for doing what they can in a seemingly unwinnable war.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Yeah hiding his face behind a bandana and calling me a dumbass makes me see him as a Klansman with brown skin. Moron.

I like Prank Monkey's idea: infiltrators. Thats about right. Immigranst come here legally. Illegals sneak in under shady circumstances.

So Atzlan and La raza both can kiss my ass, and kudos to the Border patrol and thier supporters for doing what they can in a seemingly unwinnable war.

You're absolutely correct.

You know, i've often wondered why the defense of our two different types of barriers, maritime and terrestrial, are addressed by different means. The Border Patrol needs to be more similar to the Coast Guard, combining both military and law-enforcement aspects.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have made this suggestion alot myself, Diamondback, that why arent our soldiers being brought back and use domestically to give a HUGE boost to the poor overworked border patrols? Several thousand ground troops patroliing the border would be a great deterrent from those who sneak past, being better armed, better equipped, and better trained. It would benefit us in the long run.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
James the lesser - your idea of killing ilegals is actually still going on.

Though I am from the North, I went to school in the south (New Orleans) and so know a lot of people from Texas. I'll have you know that there are a few guys I used to know who when they didn't have anything else better to do, would go "Alien Hunting". Not saying it's right, but it still goes on.

I would also like to see a giant concrete wall protecting the US from Illegal mexicans coming from the South. And I agree - set up landmines ALL OVER THE PLACE. When they blow up DO NOT offer medical treatment - let them rot there till they die. Also, I would like to see a deathpenalty for anyone aiding Ilegals.

I'd say this would take care of the problem right quick.

Oh, and 1 more thing - if you were born on US soil, but both parents were Illegal, you have to go too along with your parents.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I have made this suggestion alot myself, Diamondback, that why arent our soldiers being brought back and use domestically to give a HUGE boost to the poor overworked border patrols? Several thousand ground troops patroliing the border would be a great deterrent from those who sneak past, being better armed, better equipped, and better trained. It would benefit us in the long run.

Because it makes too much sense for government...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
True muckminer, the republican government sucks. We need to get an independant that believes in protecting America.

Also, Alien Hunting? You can count me in! I am a defender of this nation!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes it would.

BTW, I found some interesting web site concerning Yaser Hamdi, the Saudi caught in Afghanistan who is said to be an American citizen because he was born in Louisiana to temporary guest workers. It concerns interpretations of the 14th Amendment with respect to citizenship and illegal aliens, temporary guest workers, and tourists.

fileus.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Good deal.! If I were in Cali ....I'd be right there with the pro border patrol supporters

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well well well, look at what I have! For summer vacation forget going to the cottage up in Michigan, I got so far me, Devin, Alex, and my uncle on the idea of going to Texas and having "fun". Anyone know the favorite spots of the infiltrators? Hate to be waiting in a spot that the infiltrators don't use. Any signs of a good place? Like no roads, lots of bushes and trees to hide behind, that sort of thing?

join