It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush lies, Kerry flip-flops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yet the media focuses on these two politically incompetent (isn't that an oxymoron?... no, 'politically competent' would be the valid oxymoron)

Money talks and... you know... walks. I'd love to say it, but what with all the high-risk worries and all. They both stink! Is this election a sick joke or what? They both reek of corruption.

Bush says we need the war on terr-ah,
Kerry says we don't need the war on terror,
and then he says that we need it for the better.

Bush was well aware about that day in September,
One of the planes from that day launched from Massachussetts where Kerry was senator.
Bush started the war in Iraq,
Kerry voted for it after a snack.

Bush's wealth is made up of dirty oil and drug money,
Kerry was in charge of the ICCB scandal investigation and charged nobody.
Bush is a member of Yale's Skull and Bones,
Kerry is a member of Yale's Skull and Bones,
Both seek to protect each other from anything and everything and that I do not condone.

Bush is in league with the Windsors,
Kerry is about as believable as someone who denies their cold sore.
Bush has caused most of the international community to hate us,
Kerry promises to mitigate this fuss.
Sadly, he doesn't offer anything viable to correct this,
He just says 'vote for me! I'll grant your every wish!'

With candidates like these, who needs elections? Will people vote for candidates other than these two dunderheads? More importantly, will the voting machines and board of elections ALLOW other candidates to win if they truly show a majority victory?

We can only hope.

[edit on 6/30/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If I had to take the lesser of two evils, then I would take bush. Eventhough he might have stretched the circumstances and evidence a little bit to move things along I cant fault him for getting the job done when it needed to be done and not debated for months on end. I would rather have a liar than a flip-floper, Kerry hasnt provided one single solid stance on anything other than that he wants you to vote for him, and that Bush is the bad guy...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
# Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he's for it.
# Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.
# Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.
# Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.
# Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.
# Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.
# Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.
# Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.
# Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution.
# Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't.
# Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits
# Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.
# Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.
# Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.
# Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will
# Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.
# Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote
# Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.
# Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.
From the Daily Kos

There are tons of example of how Bush is ten times the flip-flopper people accuse Kerry of being. But hey, it's a nice catch-phrase, and it's been drilled into people's head long enough that it really doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Here's some more falsehoods people can chant and repeat: Kerry is a tax and spend liberal, and he's weak on defense.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't know where all this "Bush lied" comes from. He hasn't lied to anyone.

Often, partisans complained that "lied" about the WMD's. But in fact, several WMD's have been found within the past few weeks in Iraq and now we learn that Sadaam shipped many out to Syria just as the war began.

Interestingly, before Bush acted, the UN, former President Clinton, John Kerry, Britain and most countries agreed that Sadaam indeed had WMDs.

Was everyone lying?

I trust Bush more than anyone else in governmental service. And will get my vote.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Personally, I'd rather have a flip flopper who will cater to the whims of the electorate, than an out and out fraud and incompetent...

Neither is preferred, but I think I can see the lesser of two evils here....

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How can you possibly side with flip-flop like that? I am not a 100% Bush fan on everything but I would at least like a president who can be solid on the issues, clear on his messages, and at least tries to present himself as a worthy candidate. For me Bush fulfills that to my requirement levels. I simply havent gotten that from Kerry on any point. Maybe when the convention gets closer or arrives he will change the perceptions of the American people. But if he doesnt start laying down some solid statements of where he stands and where he is planning to take the country I dont believe that even his own party can back him when it comes time for elections. The American people will only swallow so much "Bush is a bad guy" statements before they will start asking for solid food. Even better the Media will rip him to shreads if he doesnt start producing soon, and then the people will certainly join on the bash Kerry bandwagon.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
HhmmhmhmHahahahaa...Yes Keri is a flip-flop. I like your title.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
AlnilamOmega

You are a delight to read. You are funny and making me laugh, and cry at the same time as I see the similarities. I really can't blame half of the Canadians for voting for idiot. After all, the power problem is great right now. They all want it equally without considerations of any kind toward their people, their country, those...who put them in power. And watched them become corrupted by it.

So sorry. Same thing here.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Looks like we're all # out of luck. Time to fight the war. The one that you were told about a long time ago. Fairness versus unfairness. And the unfairness is somewhere, where? Somewhere. Where? I'm still trying to figure it out.

Do you think Jesus is actually an unfair god? Or are the evil spirits more powerful than the personified God is? Or, is God our Father truly a mean and cruel God? What the # is He expecting of us??? LET US. Let us all drink the wine of the blood that disheavels Him. So that we can understand what the # He is going through? Is that it? Could that be what our Creator wants from us? Our idiocity? Hour of are suffring?

I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012
I don't know where all this "Bush lied" comes from. He hasn't lied to anyone.

You don't know that though.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I trust Bush more than anyone else in governmental service.

That is a very sad statement, not demonstrating much judgment at all, but everyone is free to exercise their democratic right. Sometimes. Even when your vote does not count and the Supreme Court carries out the appointment.

In the (very) slim possibility of Bush leading an administration into election in three months and winning it, it will once again be a demonstration of electoral corruption, dumbing down, media complicity with a dose of Nazi style wartime propaganda. An excellent electoral platform indeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well said, MaskedAvatar,

I am to the point right now, that I definitly do not want to vote for this administration, and some will said that they rather keep bush even knowing that he is to not good rather than to elect somebody that they don't know, but are we really can take another 4 years of the same thing?
I think not, I am afraid of what this crazy president will be up to next, I rather vote to Nader of kerry than for him. I just want him out...............
:shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
ralph nader anyone? i don't even knowif he's running this here he probably will lol but instead of lesser of two evils try a third option

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
ralph nader anyone? i don't even knowif he's running this here he probably will lol but instead of lesser of two evils try a third option

A third option, Nader, is really a vote for one of the other two.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Flip-flopping is also lying.

If I say "I love chocolate!" to John then later tell Sue that "I hate chocolate!", I've told a lie. I've either lied to John or lied to Sue. Either way, I lose, because it's impossible to love and hate chocolate at the same time...

new topics

top topics

join