It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military transporting Weapons? near Austin Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Hey I got an idea...let's act like a jerk and point out the thing which the poster has already said while adding snide digs....:@@
h, wait, you already have that covered

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here's what we're looking at. As mentioned before, this is NOT an ADS system. It's a mobile satellite data/comms uplink platform thingee.

AN/TSC-185

Source

Source

AN/STC-185 Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT) (United States), Satellite systems and equipment

Development
The AN/TSC-185 terminal is an over-the-horizon communications trailer package developed for At-the-Quick-Halt tactical communications applications.

Description
The AN/TSC-185 Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT) offers Ku- and Ka-band operation on a single trailerised platform. It supports a variety of modems, multiple carriers and data rates from 4 Mbits/s up to 155 Mbits/s. The equipment is IESS, XTAR, WGS and DSCS compliant, and features a user interface that is common across all of the contractor's Warrior products.According to the contractor the AN/TSC-185 improves on previous designs by incorporating proprietary active compensation tracking techniques that positively track out the effects of wind while permitting 'significant' platform weight reduction. The resulting trailer frame absorbs more of the off-road shock and vibration while also providing increased rack and storage space capacity for additional equipment, systems or fuel. Active compensation tracking also eliminates the necessity for outriggers, permitting simple jackstands to provide stabilisation as needed, and facilitating quicker setup and tear-down.
Sou rce

More photos...

Datasheet - PDF

edit on 16-11-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No snide remarks here...pretty amazing how some of the posters can come up with its true identity...wish more people would do some background before posting although I too am guilty of posting with sometimes little or no research..kudos to the folks who correctly identified this system...

edit on 16-11-2010 by chrismarco because: improper use of a comma

edit on 16-11-2010 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
...nevermind was beaten to it.
edit on 11/16/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
about a month ago i saw a rig and payload exactly like the first picture sitting in a WalMart parking lot NW ohio. these devices to me looked unused. even the tires looked brand spanking new. spooked me good!

then last week i get a cellphone pic from a relative in NW penn who spotted a large military convoy on I-80. dozens of trucks hauling all manner of gear. men in the turrets which i found odd.

if i were needing to move a bunch of riot control microwave guns into a civilian area, id make sure folks thought they were comm equipment. might even put it online.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow those machines are crazy! Hope they are just going to storage and not preparing for some event

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

If anything.. I'd bet it is is EMP Shielding technology.

This could be communications equipment. Which would make sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Yup. Already confirmed. Its a communications rig. Look at last post on first page and the posts just a few above this one.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
They could be getting ready to pull the plug on the internet so the Militiary would need their intranet.
Ready to go and still be mobil.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by tommyjo

Hey I got an idea...let's act like a jerk and point out the thing which the poster has already said while adding snide digs....:@@
h, wait, you already have that covered

Excuse my sarcasm. If you don't like it then don't read it, and get so worked up about it that you feel that you have to reply.

You know very well that the communications gear will be for the FEMA camps.

/sarc mode off/

TJ
edit on 16-11-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The military trains all over the US on setting up mobile air traffic control sites. There are dedicated units that specialize in this and that is all they do. I am not saying this is what these trucks are, but if they do there are other units that practice other (satellite, comm, ect) all over. And then the guard plays with all these cool toys all the time too.

Most of the posts I see here talking about "The military is taking over my town" are just movements for exercises.

If it was some crazy classified operation I am sure the stuff would be on a C-5 and being moved at night.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We may need to forget about that whole EMP jazz too.

There is a division of Tycoelectronics , named Bowthorpe EMP that makes surge arrestors. It could be that the red EMP that we see on what looks like an electrical disconnect may only be a company logo.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines
reply to post by wisintel

going east or west?
detection gear

I-35 runs north and south. are these traveling North of Austin? If so maybe Ft Hood. If they are traveling South of Austin maybe San Antonio?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've seen heavy equip.going thru the back roads,virtually in the middle of nowhere.Sometimes i drive alone for miles and all of the sudden big rigs like these appear making me drive on the shoulder of the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join