It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in the 18th Century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Link to Video

I didnt know where to put this so i figured why not here. Anyways i don't know how many are familiar with this video series, i've watched a few in the past but this one i thought was strange. i had never heard of this theory before. If hypothetically this were the case and time was some how miscalculated then that would certainly push back the 2012 prophecies. Could even the maya have been fooled somehow? I have no clue myself just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If you could explain the premise that would be fantastic?

I can't watch vids here at work unfortunatley, Im not even meant to be using the internet for non buisness purposes, shocking abuse of authority I know.

If not, then alas I will wait untill I get home.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is a link to a massive website that has been talking about this for years.

www.revisedhistory.org...

The first link is an article written by famed chess grand master Garry Kasparov.
Remember that the media portrayed him as quite crazy for a long time.

www.revisedhistory.org...

This link is the most compelling argument they put forth.
A statistical analysis of the periods of Kingship of European kings, from the so-called fraudulent centuries, compared to old Testament kings.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a01f3d4b74e7.jpg[/atsimg]

A picture from said article.

The motive attributed for all of this is that the founders of the Royal lines in Europe were nothing more than murderers who needed to legitimize their Reigns as divinely sanctioned, and false lineages were manufactured, whole cloth, from the old testament. An obscure book at the time only well understood by literate religious people, which were very rare in that age. Once the idea worked in one country it spread to others. Eventually all Europe standardized their historical timelines to the the royal ones.

that's the theory anyway.

One must remember that at the time all of this work was being done that the cold war was still on, all the lettered scientists and mathematicians are Russian, and all the discrediting is done to European Countries and their royal histories.

I have looked at this stuff in detail for over a decade.
My final conclusion is that there are a lot of tiny errors,
and the motive to discredit Free Europe seems to be stronger than the motive to manufacture royal credibility.

Though I grudgingly admit that it is possible, even in the face of so much questionable scholarship.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter to me anyway anyhow. Time is nothing but a measurement to me. How can you prove that we're in the 18th century?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PjZ101
If hypothetically this were the case and time was some how miscalculated then that would certainly push back the 2012 prophecies.

I forgot to address the 2012 part of the OP.

It is my personal conclusion that the grand end-of-the-age predicted by the Olmec, Maya, Aztec cultures came to pass. His name was Cortez, and their world did come to an end. We live in the age of the water bearer now, or the age of electricity.

Magneto Hydro Dynamics

Magneto Hydro Dynamics,
was discovered and published by Hannes Alfvén.
He was ridiculed and ridden out of the academic world on-a-rail for it.

He showed that waves only travel on the surface of water and have no effect on the bottom of a tank, or the ocean. But if the water is charged with electricity then the wave moves then entire body, from top to bottom.
A weaponized version of this would be to create a tsunami near an important oil bearing country to wipe out all the resisting villagers by setting of a small explosion deep underwater, and electrically charging the ocean. Of course if the charge and explosion ratio were too high, the tsunami might also travel across the ocean and wipe out the entire shoreline of an unintended country as well.

Many years later, the academic world apologized by giving him a nobel prize.

David Grouchy
edit on 16-11-2010 by davidgrouchy because: added a paragraph

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Doesn't really matter to me anyway anyhow. Time is nothing but a measurement to me. How can you prove that we're in the 18th century?

Well, I guess if-it-were-true it would have a huge impact on archaeology and world history.
Proving it is slippery because many ancient dates are set by recorded astronomical events so the dates assigned would be off, but nothing else.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

I didn't watch the vid either, because I'm in class, but I believe it had to do with a certain king who wanted to reign in the year 1000 AD, so he and the pope constructed a plan to change the callendar and add 300 years of fake history (the dark ages), it is supported by the fact that King Karel The Great according to the history books built lots of things, but none of those buildings / cathedrals, ... have been found, the only thing they had was his crown, but that was appearantly made quite a while after his death.

I'm sorry I have no sources for this, I saw it on TV quite a while ago.

I'm not presenting this as facts, just repeating what I heard on the subject.

Greets
FL

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PjZ101

I just watched the video and read through the articles and its a well studied and documented piece,not just some blogger making it up.Fascinating to say the least. Is there anything that we were taught in school true?Was it all a bunch of lies?I tell ya the older I get the more I know nothing.By the way,this theory makes my birthday in the 1700's how strange is that?

niv

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This brings to mind the books by Anatoly Fomenko. Fomenko uses extensive facts but still left me unconvinced. I like the idea because I like massive screw-ups (such as misdating history by 3 centuries) but I doubt it. For one thing, I haven't of anyone comparing our dating of history with the Chinese calendar and history. This seems to me a way to prove this one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by niv
For one thing, I haven't of anyone comparing our dating of history with the Chinese calendar and history. This seems to me a way to prove this one way or the other.

We told the Chinese what year it was,
and they use the Gregorian calendar to this day.
Any ancient records of astronomical observations are adjusted to fit the prevailing view.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
come to think about it, this is probably the reason prediction dates dont work at all.

new topics

top topics

join