It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is dis-information the new "truth"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
in this modern day of tv watchers, people will believe almost anything they are told. the news shows speak their opinions in such a way that it makes you think that they know what theyre talking about and therefore you side with them. alot of people will hate me for saying this, but, this is exactly what obama did in his presidential campaign. his words were like music to those that were longing for a "change". whether he had any actual plans to make any "change" isnt for me to say, but he and his speech writers knew what the american people wanted to hear and they played us all by verbally date raping our ears. i will admit, i was completly for obama in the campaign, but 2 years later the only change has been for the worse.(please dont post telling me im wrong cuz ive heard it all before). my grandmother was kicked off hospice because she didnt die fast enough for obamas change in healthcare. obamacare will completly eradicate hospice by 2012. i have received a very long letter stating how much my health insurance was cut and i will basically only be covered if its an emergency. the dis-info is that he keeps getting on tv and saying "its only been two years" "i need the american people to let me serve a full term" etc etc. people believe this dis info as truth and will fight to protect there "hope".
the whole point of this rant was that we all need to start opening our eyes and ears and find the truth among all the lies. if you believe in hope and change, then thats great, but please dont be sheep. please just listen in between the words and find the meaning amongst all the agents of dis-information.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think it's the "new" truth, it's always been this way. The majority of the people have been trapped in the matrix. Sure there were always people who understood how the world works, but I feel that, with the internet and such, many many people are starting to wake up.
People look at the world from a certain perspective, a certain paradigm, and try to fit events into that viewpoint. It isn't easy to wake up from this. You'd have to accept the things you've always believed are suddenly not true anymore. This is why most of our views are ridiculed, it's so much more easy to stay in lala land.

Obama well, it's now the turn for the republicans to be the good guys again i suppose.

join