It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Honestly, Im not sure how I feel about gays in the military, as with women in the military. It obviously opens a whole can of worms when a lover is in battle with you, but if you think about it, its been in armies forever...i mean it worked for the Spartans, right?
But S+F for anyone standing up for what they believe in, especially when his freedoms (ironically ones he fought for) are at stake.edit on 16-11-2010 by aching_knuckles because: forgot second part
Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Misoir
Would you feel any different for him if he raped someone, or was a thief or murderer.
He broke the law. He was arrested. He'll have his day in court.
Originally posted by Stewie
You can't have gays in the military.
1. The Sarge can't yell, "Faggot, don't you eyeball me"!, because the Sarge would have been instructed to be "sensitive".
2. That same Sarge could proposition the gay soldier on one of those long, lonely deployments promising special consideration in return for a little oral understanding.
3. This same Sarge, if spurned by this young gay lad, would be looking to cleanse his soul and platoon of this deviant.
4. The poor Sarge....now he is caught with gay porn, his wife leaves him. The gays don't want him helping their cause.
5, The gay soldier had considered suicide, but chose a publicity stunt instead.
6. The Sarge committed suicide.
Sorry, no sources.