It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERY: Shooting Range Victims are Twins from Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I wonder if this place will change it's name now from the rather unfortunately ironic "Family Shooting Center."

Really, that is a BAAAD, BAAAD name. Conjures up all the wrong images.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Really. I'd change it to something like, Please, For Godsakes, Don't Kill Yourself Here, My Insurance Premiums Are Already Sky-High Shooting Range

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

I dont know, it seems odd the article says they were using small caliber guns. Small caliber bullets dont often produce a deadly ricochet especially enough for it to injure one and kill the other. Large caliber bullets dont ricochet they either frag apart or go through what they hit. The only thing I can think of is suicide but why? It would be easy to tell if the wounds were self inflicted such as powder residue and burns at the point of entry..then again most cops arent fit for the job they do

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
I wounder if there the same Swedish/german blonde, twins who made a mess of the British Mi5 Motorway a while back,, the BBC made a documentary about it,, would love to know,,

No, they are not the same.

One is in jail for killing a guy in his house and the other was deported to Sweden.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The owner of the range said they were "small caliber" which doesn't really mean anything. A .22 and a .223 are nearly the same caliber bullet but completely different design and ballistics table. A 30.06 uses the same bullet as a 7.62x39mm but they preform different.

The most common handgun cartridges are 9x19mm and .38 (which are also nearly the same caliber as a .357) so I would assume it was one of those. Both are perfectly capable of a double headshot.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
UPDATE

Twins' Shooting Called Double Suicide Attempt

Aussie Twins Shooting Called Double Suicide Attempt

Local police last night said they had ruled out homicide but were keeping an open mind into the shooting of the sisters, 29, who were in the US on cultural-exchange visas. The family is now flying to the US to identify the twins.

The pair arrived at the Family Shooting Centre in Cherry Creek State Park, south of Denver, about 1.30pm on Monday and hired two small-calibre pistols, which they are understood to have used on previous visits to the outdoor range.

They shot targets in their own stall and chatted between themselves for about 90 minutes before they fell to the ground simultaneously, with video footage capturing their collapse but not the shooting itself. One died instantly while the other was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was in a critical but stable condition after undergoing surgery but had not been interviewed by police.

One of the centre's range officers, Mitch Hamilton, said it was impossible to tell from the video if the women shot themselves or each other.

''[The wounds] were self-inflicted. That's what it appears, that's as far we can tell,'' he said.

Apparently the only one who has called it a double-suicide attempt is the range officer who is quoted.

This is just mind-blowing (no pun intended). That twins live in such a state of simultaneity that they even choose to die at the exact same moment. And perhaps only twins can understand the bond, because I certainly don't.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Here is an interesting coincidence regarding the twins. We have all seen that extremely bizzarre incident with the Swedish twins on the Hwy in the UK. Now we have two Australian twins (Nordic decent) shoot each other in the head at a US shooting range and of all the hospitals in the US for the surviving twin to be taken to they ended up at the Colorado SWEDISH Medical Centre.

How many Swedish medical centres are there in the US?

Link to Story

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
what are the odd of getting hit by meteorites twise in a row while driving your car and crashing into an airplane at the same time ,

some how it smells fishy this story

top topics

<< 1   >>

join