It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Charlie Rangel convicted of fraud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Aw now, it's not racism at all.. ever talk to prince hall masons? They are fiercely proud of their own traditions.. I doubt they really care about who recognizes who. They probably think if they work with the Grand Lodge to be recognized they would have to bend some of their own rules and processes.

Also, there is nothing wrong with associating with "people like you" .. why is it when blacks guys and white guys prefer association with people of their own color they are presumed racist?
Not that all Prince Hall are even black.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I just learned this past week when inquiring about the Prince Hall status that it isn't the Free and Accepted Masons that are blocking acceptance of Prince Hall. It is the other way around! I guess the Prince Hall in our state hasn't wanted to negotiate a way to recognize one another. Who would thunk it? All the accusations of racism against us poor F&AM, and all along it has been REVERSE racism that has been the issue.
Prince Hall Grand Lodge Officers are paid positions... all the money raised in Prince Hall Masonry rolls uphill, and their Grand Lodge Officers are not necessarily 1-year terms like most of the other Grand Lodges I'm aware of. So the guys who are deciding against full recognition are the ones who are making 6-figure salaries running the lodges in their state, and signs of recognition might be a weakness to their own structure and position.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Prince Hall Grand Lodge Officers are paid positions... all the money raised in Prince Hall Masonry rolls uphill, and their Grand Lodge Officers are not necessarily 1-year terms like most of the other Grand Lodges I'm aware of. So the guys who are deciding against full recognition are the ones who are making 6-figure salaries running the lodges in their state, and signs of recognition might be a weakness to their own structure and position.

All Grand Lodges pay Grand Secretaries and Grand Treasurers salaries, with the office of Grand Secretary being a full time job. Most Grand Lodges also provide a travel allowance to the Grand Master.

I very sincerely doubt that anybody in a Prince Hall Grand Lodge is making 6 figures. The highest paid salary to a Grand Officer goes to the full time employee Grand Secretary who may make around 40k. Prince Hall Affiliation is a much smaller organization with much less dues revenue, so the PHA folks probably make much less than their "mainstream" counterparts.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I just learned this past week when inquiring about the Prince Hall status that it isn't the Free and Accepted Masons that are blocking acceptance of Prince Hall. It is the other way around! I guess the Prince Hall in our state hasn't wanted to negotiate a way to recognize one another. Who would thunk it? All the accusations of racism against us poor F&AM, and all along it has been REVERSE racism that has been the issue.

The Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Florida apparently recognized your Grand Lodge in 2008.

Link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

That website seems like they aren't entirely sure. ---> Edited, found more sources that they do indeed recognize F&AM.

According to THIS website, the main Prince Hall body in Florida is not recognized by its mainstream counterpart.

I don't know the whole history and story behind it, but I know there is a lot of racial tension, especially in my district. The story that was recently relayed to me came from a Grand Lodge officer, and instructor, and he said that we had tried to recognize Prince Hall a few years ago, but they would not negotiate or come to any agreements with us. It came about, because I was pushing him to start the movement again to recognize Prince Hall. If Texas can do it, then surely Florida can, but I was shot down, because of the history of hard feelings that resulted at the last attempt.

It looks like there was a Movement earlier this year to recognize them, but it was voted down again.

I read this quote on a blog, "According to our constitution, we are prohibited from approaching another Masonic body, but they can approach us." Maybe that was the excuse prior to 2008? Maybe that excuse is dead now, but hard feelings still exist?

From what I have seen, the PH Masons are more active and more committed than my own Lodge's members. I think we could learn a lot from them, but I also love tradition and hate political correctness, so I don't want to change things just for the sake of changing things. Hopefully more and more people will see the value in recognizing Prince Hall.

I still think it is interesting that Charlie Rangel was a Prince Hall Mason. For now, in Florida, he isn't a Mason at all!

edit on 3-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by getreadyalready

Aw now, it's not racism at all.. ever talk to prince hall masons? They are fiercely proud of their own traditions.. I doubt they really care about who recognizes who. They probably think if they work with the Grand Lodge to be recognized they would have to bend some of their own rules and processes.

Also, there is nothing wrong with associating with "people like you" .. why is it when blacks guys and white guys prefer association with people of their own color they are presumed racist?
Not that all Prince Hall are even black.

You are absolutely correct. I don't see anything wrong with preferring to be around people like you. I also did not mean to call Prince Hall Masons racist. I was simply flipping the accusation, but in reality I don't think either side is racist. I think there is a lot of tradition at stake, and I think there are a lot of old folks that are just plain uncomfortable around the other race. They don't "hate" them, but they don't want some retreat that has given them solace for 50 or 60 years suddenly becoming uncomfortable.

During my year as Master of my Lodge, I tried to be sensitive to those old guys, and I also invited a couple of black Masonic friends to visit, just to be an ice-breaker of sorts. A couple of times they just came for meals, and a couple of times they actually sat in Lodge. Unfortunately it hasn't happened again since my year, and right now we are in a huge feud among Lodges in my town with Grand Lodge involvement, because someone was turned away from our door. They were black, but the reason they were turned away is we were voting on Emeritus status for a Past Master and he didn't want his information shared outside the Lodge, everything got turned upside down and all hell broke loose.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
Freemasons are humans. Humans are corruptible.

All Freemasons are crooks. Since their beginnings they have been at the trough of Kings and Governments.

Today they control entire Governments giving them unlimited wealth. They have NEVER been for humanity.

Their whole system is a brotherhood to support each other at the trough. Nothing has changed in thousands of years...just now they control the United States and hence the world.

If FreeMasonry was for mankind or even their fellow countrymen "Free Trade" would have never of passed. They wouldn't be getting fat off their Federal Dollars while the rest of their countrymen are unemployed and homeless.

FreeMasonry is NOT for their fellow man or countrymen. Not even if every American finally realized that could you root them out of what they did to us. Their power is absolute now.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
All Freemasons are crooks. Since their beginnings they have been at the trough of Kings and Governments.
Try telling that to George III or Louis XVI...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
After being censured by the Congress Charlie Rangel is facing new charges that he improperly used money that was to go to other candidates for his own defence fund as reported in this New York Post article. Obviously the guy does not get it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I'm sure you have evidence of our crookedness.

Freemasons have unlimited wealth? Since when? We've never been for humanity? Our charities and donations say otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join