It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Charlie Rangel convicted of fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The main reason I am creating this thread is to point out that there are members of the Masonic Fraternity who are not happy when other members, such as Congressman Rangel, commit acts that are not only un-Masonic but also very much illegal and will bring this to the public's attention if they did not know infact that the person in question was a Mason.

I would be the first person to ask him to either resign from Masonry or face charges of un-Masonic conduct and subsequent expulsion. His behavior is a negative influence on how Masons are perceived and it is often difficult enough to convince others of our intentions without the misdeeds of someone like the Congressman swaying their opinions to the contrary. I am curious as to how the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of New York handles this very poor lapse of judgement by the Congressman.

The ironic part of this situation is that there is a belief among some that Masons use their positions of power, if they have one, to benefit the Fraternity or its supposed agenda. This is a rather obvious case of the only person's agenda or cause to be benefitted by Congressman Rangel's illegal behavior was the Congressman himself.

He should truly be ashamed of himself, not only as a Mason, but more importantly, as some one whom the American people had placed their trust.

edit on 16-11-2010 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was about to go off on you regarding your title, until I saw your avatar. Well done

ETA: I am interested to see how the posters from the recent "Freemasons worship Satanic alien owls" will react to this thread.
edit on 16-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Freemasons are humans. Humans are corruptible.

A question as well. If Masonry is about brotherhood doing good etc etc. Why keep secrets? Why not be a free and open society? Instead of a society with secrets.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
If Masonry is about brotherhood doing good etc etc. Why keep secrets? Why not be a free and open society? Instead of a society with secrets.

What does one have to do with the other? Why do you feel that they are mutually exclusive?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
ETA: I am interested to see how the posters from the recent "Freemasons worship Satanic alien owls" will react to this thread.

I think they may be disappointed as it appears Congressman Rangel only worshipped money and not alien owls.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Freemasons are humans. Humans are corruptible.

A question as well. If Masonry is about brotherhood doing good etc etc. Why keep secrets? Why not be a free and open society? Instead of a society with secrets.

A better question is why do you need to be a "busy body" & want to know their secrets? BTW I am not a Mason.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am always glad to see some measure of justice meted out to the elected who we put our trust in when that trust has been misplaced. You have to go through everything the man has said and every point he has made and every vote he has been for now and see who had the same overall pattern. Then you get a clue at those who were more careful than he was but are guilty of the same offenses.

Sounds like a few people watching old CSPAN coverage and some of his media rants can figure out a pattern in a

edit on 16-11-2010 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I feel it's funny that why an organization that has members boasting of all the glorious work and projects they be secretive?

Is it a novelty thing nowadays? I mean I could see it being a secret when the church was after the brotherhood way back in the day.

But it's okay your people we accept you. No need to hide in the closet.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Your_Number_One_Fan

What is secretive? They accept anyone who shows up at their lodges. If they truly had great secrets, they would not open their doors to anyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I think they may be disappointed as it appears Congressman Rangel only worshipped money and not alien owls.

OMFG THE FOURTH KIND?!
you kidding me the movie scared the sht out of me :'(

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

BTW I don't care what you label yourself your still a human. And a BETTER question yet. Why are you asking me why I'm asking questions? Are you a "busy body" too? Do you like cheese?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross
[moOh

So Masonry doesn't have secrets ahhhh my bad? I think very highly of my boss full on mason found out by his nifty ring. Smart man just interested in a Society thousands of years old. Also no secrets when your buildings dont have windows at least in this part of the country.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I feel it's funny that why an organization that has members boasting of all the glorious work and projects they be secretive?

Who is boasting about anything?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The lodge down my street has windows. If you want to know the "secrets" head to the nearest lodge.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

BTW I don't care what you label yourself your still a human. And a BETTER question yet. Why are you asking me why I'm asking questions? Are you a "busy body" too? Do you like cheese?

Because you are taking a cheap shot at the masons! Yes I love cheese. Cheddar, Greek, Tasty, Vintage, Blue Vein, Parmesan, Camembert, Brie, Swiss, Gouda, Epicure, Cheese Spread, Cheese Sticks, Feta, Mozzarella just to name a few!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Where's the cheap shot?
Can I ask if freemasonry is a secret society or is that what people who aren't a part of it calling it?
What is the point of a secret?

Haha my bad I feel dumb they just have secrets between each other to recognize if ones a mason or not. It's not a secret society.... Sorry to derail the thead.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I was about to go off on you regarding your title, until I saw your avatar. Well done

Me Too!!

I was pleasantly surprised to see Augustus here preempting all the Mason bashing! Well done!!

Yes, some Masons do things they shouldn't, but it certainly does not benefit the fraternity, or the other members of the brotherhood, and it is the exception and not the rule.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

in the interest of harmony, what do you want to know. I will tell all that is possible for me to tell. Just ask. See, now it's not a secret.

I hope that when this is all out in the open, Mr. Rangel will have the decency to demit and save the need for a masonic trial. I pray for his family and for his mind to get clear on what his duties are to his constituents.
Nicely done Augustus.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I just realized that I did not post what the charges were as levied by the House Ethics Committee. The story, as covered in this New York Post article, details the fundraising misconduct and tax evasion in which Congressman Rangel participated and was subsequently convicted.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Why are there levels to pass through in freemasonry? Are the windowless buildings a tribute or tradition to an ancient temple or something? How come people whom don't believe in god or a higher power are not allowed in?( Or is that false)

I'm inclined to think only because it would give me great hope that perhaps such an ancient society may hold truths of humans origins within selective circles inside masonry. I don't know it's just very intriguing is all of what wealth of knowledge may lay hidden behind doors only for those with the right secrets.

Im all about open source. Knowledge is power. Withheld knowledge is power over people.

Just looking into all avenues as I would the Jesuits or such. Quest for knowledge is all no " Mason" bashings or " Cheap shots" .

Thanks for bringing the harmony back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join