It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ISS Copola: UFO or Window Smudge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I saw this image earlier today, and spent several minutes marveling at the sights

One thing stood out however, a small anomaly in the viewport just over the horizon of the planet. I have presented the images here for ATS's deliberation. This is almost surely a smudge on the window, however, my photo analysis skills are certaintly far from adept, so I present the images here for ATS to view.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e16d48e38ef7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/177eb5dae280.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40dc76fee5fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What I wouldn't give to able to look out of those windows.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nice way of presenting a finding. It sort of looks like a ice particle that is like 100 ft wide ROFL.
Problem with these pictures is that we will never know the truth, always nice to dream though

Tnx.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayfarer

I'm going to say it has to be from a dirty bird! those things are always poopin on everything!!

Seriously though those are some pretty amazing pic's! I'd love to be looking out those windows!!!!
She's not too bad lookin either sooooo.....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
hi,

I'm doubting that there's that much 'window smudge' on those windows (if I were having my photograph taken in space I'd make damn sure the windows were clean) but if you look at her top (which would appear to be a dark colour) there are 'particles' all over it and I don't think they are stars or UFO's so to be honest I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions about any other particles/anomalies in the photograph and it would disappoint me if people on this site did.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
you know what would be awesome? if NASA streamed a live vid of the cupola on NASA TV,not just random ISS views... *-*

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

haha yer forget the mile high club haha, im on the next level lolz.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That is indeed a great catch. I honestly couldn't provide any meaningful insight into what it could be... I think I see some condensation on the glass near it, but it looks clear to me...

I will add that at first glance she could pass for Sigourney Weaver...but maybe it's just the context tricking me.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

I like the pic of Sigourney much better.

And I have to say, That is one cool Avatar

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayfarer
I saw this image earlier today, and spent several minutes marveling at the sights

One thing stood out however, a small anomaly in the viewport just over the horizon of the planet. I have presented the images here for ATS's deliberation. This is almost surely a smudge on the window, however, my photo analysis skills are certaintly far from adept, so I present the images here for ATS to view.
(snip)

I wouldn't call it a smudge on the window. I would call it an internal light source or something reflecting internal light since it's being seen on the dark part and it could extend down but not seen. It looks like the Eiffel Tower.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pkpuck
reply to post by DisturbedToo

haha yer forget the mile high club haha, im on the next level lolz.

2nd line

I was reading about about having sex in zero gravity and they said it would be damn hard. You could not thrust because you would just push her away, put her against a wall and you'll go the other way.

You could always tie her up and use handles for yourself.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayfarer

Hi Wayfarer I was looking at these pictures earlier as well I figured that was a reflection of something inside.
I've had a another look. This could be a reflection with a smudge there's some lighter smudges as well, I think.
Image enlarged < 0.25 (added 1,000 to width size) nothing else.

Looking down the same window there's another mark/object. A dark one.
Left Middle, didn't mark it

Link to article and image- 3600 * 2395:
Astronomy Picture of the Day 2010 November 15.

Explanation: There's no place like home. Peering out of the windows of the International Space Station (ISS), astronaut Tracy Caldwell Dyson takes in the planet on which we were all born, and to which she would soon return. About 350 kilometers up, the ISS is high enough so that the Earth's horizon appears clearly curved. Astronaut Dyson's windows show some of Earth's complex clouds, in white, and life giving atmosphere and oceans, in blue.

Regards
Zelong.

edit on 17/11/10 by Zelong because: Added link to article

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You guys are all looking at the "smudge" on the window.
I ask WTHell is going on with the left arm of the woman ( if that is her arm ?)

It looks about 3 times longer than the right arm she is leaning on and has an extra elbow that bends the wrong way ?
Is it just my crappy work computer not showing the image clearly ?
edit on 17-11-2010 by robert11s because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by robert11s

i dont see nothing wrong with her arms

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jpsdasnake

Not arm"S", just the left one !
What is the skin coloured thing that runs along the top of the round porthole window and seems to stop where the two upper windows are split by the panel ?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by robert11s

Oh I see...it looks like she´s holding something... that´s probably all we will ever know haha

edit on 17/11/2010 by jpsdasnake because: gramm

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

edit on 17/11/2010 by jpsdasnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by robert11s

What is the skin coloured thing that runs along the top of the round porthole window and seems to stop where the two upper windows are split by the panel ?

must be your computer because that's not her arm.... You can only see one of her arms in the pic

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I suspect that is her arm and the wrist is under a strap of some kind, the hand looks blurred so it maybe a slow shutter speed photo and shes moving her hand a lot.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by robert11s

There's only one arm visible in the pic...the flesh colored thing beneath the window is a hose with clamps around it in a few places...follow this link for full pic...her other arm is behind her...and she's even cuter in this pic...

edit on 17-11-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: full pic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join