It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LSU Professor Freak pushing his Bizarre thoughts on Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
An LSU Professor (probably has tenure) pushing his bizarre ideas on the Global Warming hysteria. Do you really want your children to be taught by intellectual giants like this?

I bet if he was actually to attempt a debate, he would be throwing expletives amongst other typical elitist arguments.

Have a listen. AMAZING what our kids have to listen to in schools nowadays. And some people actually wonder why there is a problem with the schools.

weaselzippers.us...
edit on 16-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow, let's take random quotes out of context in an effort to argue against the science of global warming. It's like calling biology class a leftist effort to kill religion by teaching evolution.

However, on the points he's making about other countries bombing the US, that's a bit stupid and he obviously lost his cool. But still, without seeing what started the rant and the rant in it's entirety, I think it's a bit disingenuous to base everything he said on a couple quotes that are randomly shown with stupid titled like LIBERAL PROFESSOR SPREADING GLOBAL WARMING IDEAS, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What India and China do in the next 50 years will make what the US and Europe have done in the last 100 look like a marshmallow roast.
The two most populous countries on the planet scream into the 21st century with massive industrial buildup that is backed by "globalization" meaning no brakes. The biggest contributor of smog in California is already China.

Does anybody on this planet think that while the "Global" community levys trillions in taxes,tarrifs,fees and carbon credits against the west over the next several decades that India and China won't be chugging greenhouse gasses and pollution a hundred times worse than the US ever has?

People need to get their heads out of their collectively globalized behinds and take a sniff of the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
The biggest contributor of smog in California is already China.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I would like to see some science to back that statement up.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Even out of context he sounds like a 6 year old screaming they are going to bomb us unless we stop now.

Or the part where he attempts to say the kids in his class have blood on their hands.

Sorry, I have seen these fruitcakes in college. I use to make the profs back off back then. I do not know what the fruitcakes can get away with now. I am assuming they are about 10 times as bad seeing the movie Indoctrinate U.

Nope, these fruitcakes are fruitcakes are fruitcakes. Period.

Want to see what these professors are like and the universities are like now? Take a look-www.indoctrinate-u.com...

Conservative professors that have to hide their true beliefs, conservative students attacked, conservative students not allowed to voice their opinion, etc etc etc.

Typical of those that cannot win an argument is to demonize or not allow the argument of the opposition.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Does anybody on this planet think that while the "Global" community levys trillions in taxes,tarrifs,fees and carbon credits against the west over the next several decades that India and China won't be chugging greenhouse gasses and pollution a hundred times worse than the US ever has?

People need to get their heads out of their collectively globalized behinds and take a sniff of the future.

China is heavily invested in conventional energy production, but that doesn't mean it will remain this way in the future. The Chinese corner the market in rare earth elemental production. I have a feeling that in the next 10-15 years a new fuel source will come about that doesn't emit greenhouse gases. As cheap peak oil is realized, there will be push for innovation. As climate change progresses, the two needs will push together and make way for some new cheap, environmentally friendly source of energy. Basically, it either happens and civilization continues, else it doesn't and we go primal.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Conservative professors that have to hide their true beliefs, conservative students attacked, conservative students not allowed to voice their opinion, etc etc etc.

Thank you for proving what I've been saying all along. Even today in a decent discussion. GW has been reduced to a political quagmire. Now no one is listening to the science. It's all about "right and wrong" of the politics of GW.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The only argument I am bringing to the table of the whole Global Warming debate now is the ONE FACT that many on the other side have stated.

If we were to totally eliminate the release of carbon dioxide, we could not change the temperature of the planet more than 1/10 of a degree centigrade.

So, what THAN is the purpose of the whole carbon credits scam and carbon sequestering?

You got it, just another entire industry based on NOTHING. Based on the absolute absurdity that they think by stealing from everyone and implementing an entire industry on nothing, will allow more control. That is the ONLY purpose, there is no other logical explanation.

You or anyone else can argue all you want about the Global Warming, or the Anthropogenic Global Warming or the Global Climate Change or Global Climate Disruption.

It is ALL hogwash. All you have to do is go to the end of the argument. What happens if we stop all carbon emissions right now? NOTHING. So where do you want to go with the argument now?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You or anyone else can argue all you want about the Global Warming, or the Anthropogenic Global Warming or the Global Climate Change or Global Climate Disruption.

It is ALL hogwash. All you have to do is go to the end of the argument. What happens if we stop all carbon emissions right now? NOTHING. So where do you want to go with the argument now?

Well I COULD go into depth that carbon emissions are but one part of the problem. Acids being spewed into the atmosphere is another. I COULD go into detail that ice in the north that has been around 1.1 million years, through many ice ages and warmings is disappearing now.......... but you won't listen.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I do not have to listen.

I have listened to the experts and read their papers.

They were really QUITE persistent to their endeavors. I could even believe most of it.

The problem was when I started to ask the question of what happens, if we stop all output of carbon dioxide. At first there was not much response. Then I came across a couple of articles on this very scenario.

Guess what, nothing would change. Yes, we would have less air pollution, but the temperature would not decrease. So tell me, should we force everyone into the dark ages except for a few people like Al Gore will make trillions and whatever other nefarious reasons they have for implementing this.

Because both you and I know that India and China are not going to change. Should we wipe out the Western countries? Is that what you want to do? Is that your purpose for arguing about this?

Explain your purpose or the purpose of the governments and the private individuals behind this scam.

Please inform us not so intelligent folk about how all this is going to save us.

I will be waiting..............................................................................................................................

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I do not have to listen.

I have listened to the experts and read their papers.

The ones bought and paid for by Big Oil? That OWNS the gov't? Not to mention the rest of industry that is heavily into the Oil Gods.

Because both you and I know that India and China are not going to change. Should we wipe out the Western countries? Is that what you want to do?

Your point eludes me. Are we to exacerbate a problem because other countries are? That's sound thinking. While the Asian nations spew their crap into our air, we have to as well. Might lose an edge. Great, greed wins and the human race dies. The planet won't but I'm sure it's going to be happy in about, oh, 40,000 years. Long after the planet can't sustain us any more AND it heals itself.

Is that your purpose for arguing about this?

I think it's obvious. GW IS happening but the PTB need their money(power) fix. It's going to be hard to spend though when there are no humans left.

I just snipped the rest. I won't address condescension.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I'm not saying you're wrong but I would like to see some science to back that statement up.

Still lookin but heres one article off the top of my head
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

China is heavily invested in conventional energy production, but that doesn't mean it will remain this way in the future. The Chinese corner the market in rare earth elemental production. I have a feeling that in the next 10-15 years a new fuel source will come about that doesn't emit greenhouse gases. As cheap peak oil is realized, there will be push for innovation. As climate change progresses, the two needs will push together and make way for some new cheap, environmentally friendly source of energy. Basically, it either happens and civilization continues, else it doesn't and we go primal.

Yep,
And laws will create such a requirement in western countries that China will become the Wal Mart of enviromentalism. They won't be able to afford their own product. They'll just sell it to the highest bidder.
edit on 16-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Still lookin but heres one article off the top of my head
www.cbsnews.com...

See? One shouldn't make statements and then try to back them up with Google. It does nothing for ones argument. That said, from your source:

The amounts are small and, so far, only found in a region of the atmosphere known as the free troposphere, at an altitude of two to five miles, but the development could complicate U.S. efforts to control air pollution.

Small amounts it says BUT I bolded the important word. "Could". Could isn't science. it's a theory at best. That's a far cry from China causing the majority of California's smog. I was in LA in '78. The problem was there then. I hated it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Being a University student myself, I see this garbage all the time. No surprise here. All it takes is a controversial topic, and one misunderstood question from the class, and some professors just snap.

Take a Modern Feminism course, or a Political Science course and your head will be filled, and tested over, the most complete set of nonsense one can dream of.

The problem I have with college as a whole is that the professors rarely teach anything and when they do, it is typically useless junk like this guy's lecture. I can name very few professors I have had in my time that actively stimulate education. A PhD does not make you a good teacher.... not even a teaching degree makes you a good teacher.

College has been, in the past 3 years, a waste of time and money but I need that stupid piece of paper to do crap I already know how to do. College is a stupid formality in which people judge you whether you have the paper or not.

Rant over..... as one can easily see, I am a little bitter

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

You missed one point. There are times that a prof will base his whole lesson on his OWN WORK. Peer reviewed or not. That isn't teaching, that's pontificating.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Case and point, I have a class now that the book is literally stapled copy paper of what the professor wrote. He's the head of the department and he pretty much does as he sees fit.

I am also a little peeved he made us pay for it.... he could've just put it online in a pdf.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

okay, I am the equivalent of the best architect and builder EVER created. I have had architects and engineers ask me to explain to them my ability to see the flow of fluid in all kinds of situations. The handicap accessibility act has caused numerous problems with the architectural and engineering of recent autocad programs. I have gotten plans that kinda work, but when you look into the site, many things do not work, that is my specialty.

I always tell them to give me $500/hr and I will inform them of all my tricks. Problem is, it is not a trick, it is the ability to see three dimensionally the sites I build. It is teachable, but I will not do it because it took me 20 years to learn. Why give it for free.

Anyway, I am not bragging, this is my skill. This is my ability. It is specialized and does not come in handy very often.

Thing is, you need to ask your prof if he needs someone to put his info down on paper. Sometimes the info that people know never get down on paper. It gets lost to knowledge they impart or lost to history.
edit on 21-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join