It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh, and for the record, oh collection of scientists of health.

Alcoholic energy drinks do not contain caffeine at all (with the exception of Red Bull). They contain guarana, which to date has no hard evidence of even being a stimulant without adding the seeds (which are clearly not present in energy drinks since they are not dark brown/black). The FDA fabricates another witch hunt and all the ignorant citizens eat it up like it's a McDonalds "hamburger". And why not? They are our Lord and Masters, after all. They say who lives or dies in this "free" country.

I also find it very convenient how the only 2 superdrugs that aren't being controlled by the FDA and making a direct profit... alcohol and caffeine... are being attacked by the FDA. What a coincidence!
edit on 16-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I like how you ignore the very clear and important part that is "one jagerbomb versus an equal amount of four loko". Mainly because it so cleverly covers the fact that you're wrong.

I also like how you compare a can of red bull (250ml) to a can of Four Loko (695ml).

Lets see...oh I know! Time to activate my super power known as common sense. I mean, it's tingling like a mofo.

So 80 ml of caffeine in a can of redbull? Well, if you compare this amount in a can the size of four loko, that becomes....well, I'm not going to go for the exact amount, but even guesstimating can show you there is more caffeine ratio wise in redbull than there is in a four loko...

Now with Jager. HMM. 12% alcohol versus 35%....

Guys, which number is larger? 12%? Or 35%?

Anyone?

I mean, last I checked, 12 comes before 35. In fact, it's well under half of 35.

Now, a jager bomb, and I mean a proper jager bomb, is a shot of jager and juuuust enough redbull to fill the glass over the shot glass.

I'll let someone else do the exact math, but again, by my amazing capability to utilize this amazing power known as common sense, I can plainly see that a jager bomb has both more alcohol and more caffeine than four loko, but beyond that, is contained in a smaller volume of liquid.

So I'll ask you again after I just pulled your head out of your ass that you willingly shoved up a meter deep, explain to me why jager bombs aren't illegal?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So I'll ask you again after I just pulled your head out of your ass that you willingly shoved up a meter deep, explain to me why jager bombs aren't illegal?

Jager bombs come from the bar, where the FDA has no place making money.

Manufactured product that sells a drug... no... multiple drugs that are not profiting the FDA's corporate control demands? Going over the counter in the same stores that the FDA sells drugs? Sounds like competition. We will have none of that in the "free market"

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is a war on college drinking. Seriously, the only people who drink Four Loko's are college kids. I know when I have $4 in change on a Friday night, 2 Four Lokos will easily do the trick and then some.

Maybe I will have to revert back to the 40's of Colt 45 on weekends when I have no money. Thank you FDA, you make me want to choke the life out of Disney-like forest creatures.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Jager bombs come from the bar

Really?

I am more than capable of going to a packie and getting some Jager, then going to Costco and buying a 30 pack of redbull. In fact, I know this to be true because I have done it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
This is a war on college drinking. Seriously, the only people who drink Four Loko's are college kids. I know when I have $4 in change on a Friday night, 2 Four Lokos will easily do the trick and then some.

Maybe I will have to revert back to the 40's of Colt 45 on weekends when I have no money. Thank you FDA, you make me want to choke the life out of Disney-like forest creatures.

Actually, it was through ritualistic murder of Disney-like forest creatures that created the FDA in the first place.

YOU ARE ONLY PLAYING INTO THEIR HANDS!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It makes me angry that someone defiled my post title.

This is not a question.

This is a statement:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will effectively ban the sale of beverages that combine caffeine and alcohol

This is not a question.

This is a statement:

by ruling that caffeine is an unsafe food additive

I want my title changed back.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

This is not a question.

This is a statement:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will effectively ban the sale of beverages that combine caffeine and alcohol

This is not a question.

This is a statement:

Welcome to ATS.

Where people who can't read or refuse to are regulars, where pointing out peoples need to purposely act stupid gets you in trouble, and where talking about one of the largest conspiracies on going in this world is confined to a nameless forum in which any hint of discussion towards such a topic is hidden into.

DENY IGNORANCE GUIZ

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Banning things does not protect anyone from self destructive behavior.

The "War on Drugs" should have taught anyone paying attention that the only solution to self destructive behavior like overuse and abuse of ANY substance is education (knowledge) about substances and education (treatment) about the psychological issues that cause self destructive behavior.

Banning substances (and now combinations of substances) is idiotic and dangerous.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Alcoholic energy drinks do not contain caffeine at all (with the exception of Red Bull). They contain guarana, which to date has no hard evidence of even being a stimulant without adding the seeds (which are clearly not present in energy drinks since they are not dark brown/black). The FDA fabricates another witch hunt and all the ignorant citizens eat it up like it's a McDonalds "hamburger". And why not? They are our Lord and Masters, after all. They say who lives or dies in this "free" country.

I also find it very convenient how the only 2 superdrugs that aren't being controlled by the FDA and making a direct profit... alcohol and caffeine... are being attacked by the FDA. What a coincidence!

You do know guarana is caffeine right?
??

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

You do know guarana is caffeine right?
??

You do know continuing the conversation with someone else who was wrong about what they said is a crappy way to cover up the fact that something you said was wrong, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

This is not a question.

This is a statement:

This is not a question.

This is a statement:

The FDA did NOT ban caffeine like you claimed in your title therefore your title was misleading. I'm glad someone called you on your lie

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Jager bombs come from the bar

Really?

I am more than capable of going to a packie and getting some Jager, then going to Costco and buying a 30 pack of redbull. In fact, I know this to be true because I have done it.

Combining it yourself is uncontrollable, it's part of what makes this whole thing make no sense. They are only taking the prepackaged products off of shelves, which leads me to believe that they are going to magically replace this product with their new "*FDA APPROVED* healthy alternative". The FDA will not tolerate having anything but a monopoly on all of their products.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
One time I had three Sparks (an alcoholic energy drink) in a row. And let me tell you, it did not feel healthy. My heart felt like it was about to pound out of my chest.

Caffeine and alcohol just arent a good idea in large doses.

I'll tell you what though, nobody better be trying to take away my irish coffee, or there will be hell to pay

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
One time I had three Sparks (an alcoholic energy drink) in a row. And let me tell you, it did not feel healthy. My heart felt like it was about to pound out of my chest.

I'll tell you what though, nobody better be trying to take away my irish coffee, or there will be hell to pay

Thanks to the FDA, you will never be able to find a pre-packaged Irish Coffee.

I'm sure at some point in the future, some guy would have created a microwavable disposable irish coffee mug.

In fact, that sounds like a great product that I'd probably buy.

Too bad, because now if you try to create it, men with guns will show up and slap you silly.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I think anything that can be accurately called "soft core speedballing" isn't the greatest idea, unless we're talking about Ketamine and '___'.

But anyways, it really begs to question why the hell this is being done. I mean, as our friend here who supports this move has clearly displayed, there is no sensible reasoning as to why this is being done. It's not like it prohibits anyone from doing this, in fact from all varieties of caffiene/alcohol cocktails I can think of, Four Loko is the tamest.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I think anything that can be accurately called "soft core speedballing" isn't the greatest idea, unless we're talking about Ketamine and '___'.

But anyways, it really begs to question why the hell this is being done. I mean, as our friend here who supports this move has clearly displayed, there is no sensible reasoning as to why this is being done. It's not like it prohibits anyone from doing this, in fact from all varieties of caffiene/alcohol cocktails I can think of, Four Loko is the tamest.

The reason why is because the FDA is a bunch of racist fascists that:

1. hate black people

2. hate freedom

3. like large industrial cartels, such as Pepsi and Coke (who run the FDA).

Pepsi and Coke are in no mood to have competitors muscle in on their energy drink market.

So they had the FDA ban it.

edit on 16-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I love Mike Adams post on the FDA and Coke sweetner debacle.

Coke runs the FDA like a red headed stepchild.

Coke also runs the energy drink market.

www.naturalnews.com...

December 17, 2008 - With Coke about ready to start selling stevia-sweetened products without FDA approval, the FDA realizes it must preempt Coke's launch of these products by quickly issuing a letter "authorizing" Coke to market stevia-sweetened beverages, or else it will lose face. The other option would be to halt the marketing of stevia products, but the FDA doesn't feel it has the political power to pull that off against Coca-Cola. With its hand forced by Coca-Cola, the FDA issues a "letter of no objection" that allows Coca-Cola to sell stevia-sweetened beverages and still maintains the appearance of FDA authority.

The truth, of course, is that Coca-Cola was about to market the products anyway, without FDA approval, and the FDA has become little more than a regulatory ragdoll that pretends to stand up against Big Business from time to time but is actually working so closely with other businesses (Big Pharma) that is has no remaining credibility to move against Coca-Cola.

In the battle of Coke vs. the FDA, the FDA just got trampled. (Or "pwned," if you're a gamer.) Sure, the FDA can threaten small companies with some degree of credibility, but not Coca-Cola. And not Big Pharma, either. The upshot for all of us is the observation that the corporations are in charge around here, not the FDA.

We are well into the era of corporations running the food supply while the regulators can only pretend to exert anything resembling real authority.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Coca-Cola makes Rockstar Vodka.

Pepsi, however... might have something there.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by mnemeth1

Coca-Cola makes Rockstar Vodka.

Pepsi, however... might have something there.

Coke doesn't make this:

www.drinkjoose.com...

And Rockstar is non-alcoholic.

Further, because rockstar is non-alcoholic (along with red bull) - coke stands to lose a huge amount of business from bar sales if bars start selling pre-mixed drinks instead of using rockstar or redbull.

edit on 16-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join