It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Nobama

Yup.

So does the caffeine nullify the alcohol?

I can take equal parts caffeine and alcohol and end up neither drunk nor hyper?

This is a stupid hole you're digging and a massive derail but hey, I got nothin' else to do.

The poster obviously means the two create a sensation that the effects of alcohol are negated by the caffeine and not that the 2 items do actually cancel each other out and you break even.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The thing is though...other than packaged products, this is completely impossible to enforce. (and therefore inevitably, ridiculous), when you're talking about combining two legal products.

There is nothing keeping anyone from mixing the two at a party, and there will still be cases of this. (maybe even more so, thanks to the new stigma of being "illegal").... it just won't be as accessible in a ready to drink form.

I'd be curious to see how the legislation is worded...the devil is in the details....

My understanding is that the ban never actually went into effect as the companies in question recalled their products voluntarily.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

You just insisted that unintelligent people should be weeded out of the gene pool.

That is heartless and evil.

I made no mistake, nor did I judge you. You said it with your own words. Don't try to backpedal now and twist reality to make me look in the wrong.
edit on 17-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by jfj123

Resorting to lies and distortions of truth pretty much means you've run out of anything useful to say.

I'm not lying about anything nor am I distorting anything. All I'm doing is reiterating what you are saying and putting your statements into proper context

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by jfj123

Resorting to lies and distortions of truth pretty much means you've run out of anything useful to say.

I'm not lying about anything nor am I distorting anything. All I'm doing is reiterating what you are saying and putting your statements into proper context

The simple term for it is called lying.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is not about college kids.

Yes it is.

This is about ensuring cheap alcohol is not available to poor people.

You have no idea what you're talking about. There are tons of cheap alcohol available to anyone on a fixed income.

This is about completely pointless regulation that accomplishes absolutely NOTHING other than to shut down small time competitors and prevent the free choice of individuals.

But their not shut down and the ban did not go into effect. So I guess you have no complaint right?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by maybereal11

People die from drinking jack and coke a thousand billion times more often than from Joose.

Please post your source.
Thanks.

Unless Joose suddenly became one of the largest distilleries in the world overnight, I think it's safe to say Jack has them beat in consumption (and hence deaths) by a loooong loooong ways.

So just to clarify, your post stating that "People die from drinking jack and coke a thousand billion times more often than from Joose." has no source ? You cannot actually show that at least "a thousand billion" people have died from drinking jack and coke ?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You are misquoting him. He stated ...

There's also the need for intelligence and those with little will weed themselves out of the gene pool,

This is the law of nature whether you like it or not. That is how the gene pool stays fresh. Otherwise we would have perished centuries ago.
And before you go and start calling me evil too, I'm NOT saying they need to die, so don't even try to put words in my mouth. All I'm saying is that all drugs legal or not are dangerous, Tylenol, take too many and viola, liver failure. Too many sinus pills = death. All there needs to be is a warning, not a banning.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This is about ensuring cheap alcohol is not available to poor people.

Now look who is lying.

I suppose now you are going to show supporting evidence of this claim you made? Until then it is a baseless lie.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i belive it had to do with those college students being hospotilized from four locos witch have caffine in them

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

You are misquoting him. He stated ...

There's also the need for intelligence and those with little will weed themselves out of the gene pool,

I didn't misquote him.

He said there is a "need for intelligence AND those with little will" (to) "weed themselves out of the gene pool".

Need for intelligence = unintelligent. He is basically saying the unintelligent and those with little will SHOULD DIE.

He is heartless and evil. He reminds me of Hitler.

This is the law of nature whether you like it or not. That is how the gene pool stays fresh. Otherwise we would have perished centuries ago.

You don't have to school me about natural selection. This isn't about natural selection. This is about allowing people to sell deadly drinks.

How do you find out (learn, become intelligent of, know) this drink is deadly for you or not? You have to try it to find out, right? Well that is NOT OK.

edit on 17-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Nice. How 'bout they ban adding arsenic and other poisons to the tobacco in cigs.
Oh, wait-- that would make, what?... (say it with me) ...TOO MUCH SENSE!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I wish they would ban that too.... however people like mnemeth1 would riot, and go on about freedom to let corporations kill everyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You just insisted that unintelligent people should be weeded out of the gene pool

As you can see above, you used the word "should" he said "will" Big difference.
That is a misqoute.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You haven't answered my question about banning Tylenol which can be deadly.
Or do you agree that a warning is enough.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You haven't answered my question about banning Tylenol which can be deadly.
Or do you agree that a warning is enough.

If using Tylenol as directed were dangerous, it should be banned or highly restricted as it does have theraputic value. Use Four Loko as directed is, in and of itself, dangerous. Big difference!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Well fyi, using Tylenol as directed can and does cause liver damage, so...
What is wrong with a warning label? Why does everything need to be banned?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by new_here

I wish they would ban that too.... however people like mnemeth1 would riot, and go on about freedom to let corporations kill everyone.

That's funny coming from a guy who supports a ban that prevents small businesses from competing with the major distributors.

Do you honestly think we would see this ban from the FDA if this was Coke or Pepsi's products?

LOL

You must have missed the Adam's article I linked a while back that showed Coke telling the FDA to f### off.

edit on 17-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Your trust for the FDA will be your demise. Caffeine is good for your liver. The FDA will not have such unpatentable drugs competing in their monopolized market. Caffeine combats the effects of liver damage from alcohol. That is why the FDA wants it gone. The FDA is a corporation and does not care about your health, it cares about its legal responsibility to raise stockholder value. Fact.

Know your allies.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So a few people have died? I find that hard to believe, and even if it's true then why not just enforce some warnings or something? You'd have to mix A LOT of both substances to DIE that's for sure; I guess smoking's still legal because they can choke a few hundred grand out of you before you cark it.

If people can shoot speedballs for 20 years and still be kickin' it then I'm highly dubious about the dangers of this combo.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join