It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
It is funny,... this FDA thing,.
They pic and choose what they say not good for us,.
But not really looking out for our overall health in general.
Hamburgers that dont rot
High fructose corn syrup
Aspartame or nutrasweet
Sodium Nitrates and nitrites
Monosodiumglutamate
Tobacco companies
Flouride in drinking water
endless amounts of drug company products
ect,ect,ect.

All that stuff has some serious long term adverse health affects
and now they are worried about caffeine?

I agree, that the FDA is a joke. We have trans-fats in just about every food product and there is solid science warning of its cardiovascular damage. Mt. Dew contains BVO(Brominated Vegetable Oil), which is also known to have potentially dangerous long term side effects. Most industrialized countries in the world have banned both trans fats and BVO...but not the US, we are going after caffeine in alcohol.

The irony is, its not the caffeine that is really causing the problem, its the alcohol. It takes 10grams, or roughly 100 cups of coffee to OD on caffeine. The UL for alcohol is way below this.

And just as others have mentioned, people can still mix caffeine with alcohol on their own, just as they have been doing for years.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I have I also had a friend who died due to liver failure related to this #, you don't know me so please don't judge,as for the sleepy comment I'm guessing it's related to people being sheep's and asleep to the blind truth in front of them? I have no say in that, but I will tell you this thread has nothing to do with that, they aren't going to ban caffeine, just these products.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So... let me get this straight... we let companies sell drinks with damned near fatal levels of caffeine in them ("energy" drinks restrict blood flow through you heart by up to 50%).... and we let people buy enough alcohol to kill them. But order a Long Island Iced Tea and #'s gonna hit the fan.

Go ahead - mix that red bull and vodka - you're dumb and deserve whatever hideous things that is doing to your body. But, really - people have been mixing caffeine and alcohol for a long time. It's just a fear generated from people deciding it would be cool to mix one drink with the capacity to kill you (Monster, red bull, etc) with another that can kill you (alcohol).

Don't sell me bleach and toilet cleaner at the same time, either - we need a national ban on that so that my dumb ass doesn't kill myself cleaning my bathroom.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by undivided

There is money in Beer and liquid, all of those have been around for ages, but caffeinated alcohol has only been around for 5 years maybe less? Though due to the recent spikes in deaths related to these beverages the FDA sees it as something that just doesn't need to be done. I agree that Cars,Cigarettes,Beer, etc are bad for us, but stuff like that is going to always be around.

And I agree with what your saying. My point is, why be hippocrits. How can you tell me one is better for my health than the other when its just not. Well not You ,I mean the government. Do we need cars,yeah kinda. But we dont need the few hundred thousand other prodcuts that kill us. Yet here they are.

Same with mary jane. It was banned by lumber companys due to us discovering the strength and versatility of hemp. There are some 46,000 industrial products that can be derived from hemp. Doesnt require strip mining or poisons to get at ,it grows anywhere. Imagine what that could do to BIG buisness! It just isnt nearly as bad as alchohol but itsstill illegal.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I mix my completely tasty Monster with my even more tasty Jack Daniels separately anyways....just like everyone else is going to mix their energy drinks and alcohol despite this as they always have. Not really a big deal to most people out there aside from the stupid college kids who are the ones ending up in the hospital and dead due to their lack of control or knowing when to stop chugging.

As for them banning caffeine altogether, I can't see it happening. Then again, I couldn't see them building concentration camps in our own back yard, yet here they are! I'll tell ya what tho, the day they ban caffeine, is the day they pry my Mt. Dew out of my cold dead clammy hands!

Punishment due for being caught serving such drinks in a licensed drinking establishment...I say we start with a good macing, then while you are on your knees clawing desperately at your eyes to try and get rid of the burn, they tazer you, 550v ..while you are curled up in the fetal position with eyes burning and your fruit of the looms just a little bit heavier then when you put them on this morning..you get a good swift kick to the abdomen. After you are left to squirm around in pain and in your own filth for a few minutes, you be allowed to slowly get up and try and regain what's left of your dignity, but as soon as you make it to as far as your knees..WHAM! Swift punch to the face and you're down for the count. Just for you Mnemeth. =)
edit on 17-11-2010 by Aziuno because: fat fingered spelling error

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ganja is a perfect example of FDA banning things just for money ( I will and always use it though) don't get me wrong I was just simply trying to explain why the FDA was banning this product, not agreeing or saying any of it makes sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We still have our secret weapon
shhhh! it's called jagermeister and red bull.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aziuno

Punishment due for being caught serving such drinks in a licensed drinking establishment...I say we start with a good macing, then while you are on your knees clawing desperately at your eyes to try and get rid of the burn, they tazer you, 550v ..while you are curled up in the fetal position with eyes burning and your fruit of the looms just a little bit heavier then when you put them on this morning..you get a good swift kick to the abdomen. After you are left to squirm around in pain and in your own filth for a few minutes, you be allowed to slowly get up and try and regain what's left of your dignity, but as soon as you make it to as far as your knees..WHAM! Swift punch to the face and you're down for the count. Just for you Mnemeth. =)
edit on 17-11-2010 by Aziuno because: fat fingered spelling error

LOL this gets a star =0

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've had two sips of Four Loko, and the stuff is nasty. At least vodka/red bull tastes good before my heart explodes. Naturally, I would say ban it for the safety of others. But on the flipside, I would think that if they want population reduction, they should leave it as is; maybe even put more caffeine in it and let the drunk sheep drink it.

ps. My heart isn't with me this morning. It's time to get back to survival of the fittest by nature's ruling.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I like coffe,

I don't drink alcohol anymore.

I have seen friends drink alcohol mixed with the caffeine energy drinks. This makes for a really bad combination.
It makse people who are so drunk that they should be asleep , stay wake and drink even more. I would imagine as well as leading to a rise in violence it also would lead to a rise in asphyxiation.

This is just common sense. Unfortuately more and more of the population are lacking in common sense.

I m guessing your a fairly young person to be getting upset over something like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Caffeinated food items are all the rage. Suckers, mints, candy in general.

If the FDA bans caffeine as a food additive, will products of this nature be affected as well?

Long time user- first time poster.
I have a caffeinated sucker in right now- does this make me a criminal?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

What about the Rum and Coke? The 7 and 7? The Jager Bomb? Crown and Mt. Dew?

Most cocktails contain caffeine.. I don't see how going after the "Energy Booz" is going to effect anything...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I'm not "judging" you. I was saying that you don't know the experience OR maybe my experience was different. As for sleepy, I'm literally talking about being tired...not some kind of sheeple thing or whatever.

Sometimes, just sometimes, on ATS, people actually mean what they say and it doesn't have anything to do with a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

7 and 7 is caffeine free. Just sayin'. And it's delicious.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Caffeine combined with alcohol is actually linked to heart problems. Regulating ingredients in the food supply that, when combined, can cause severe complications is the mandate of the FDA.

Of course, you think they're criminal from the get-go.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to cell cyanide causing proteins and then say it cures cancer?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by JohnySeagull

What about the Rum and Coke? The 7 and 7? The Jager Bomb? Crown and Mt. Dew?

Most cocktails contain caffeine.. I don't see how going after the "Energy Booz" is going to effect anything...

This brings up a good point. The ban names specific company drinks ,not rum and coke and the like. Whats the difference between the two? It goes back to what im saying. These drinks directly affected the profits of someone, and now they will be illegal. If cotton candy starts to cut into the JD profits , you can be sure cotton candy will be banned soon after.

Or,am I misreading this. It doesnt say jack n coke will be banned, did I miss that somewhere? I dont get the difference between mixing it in a factory and mixing it yourself. You would think the controlled factory mixing would be better opposed to us adding whatever we like.
edit on 17-11-2010 by undivided because: SP

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

lurking for as long as I have it seems like everyone compares everything to some kind of goofy conspiracy

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I think they're targeting the pre-mixed drinks only, so Jack and Coke sold in separate containers is ok. Having them in the same bottle would be forbidden.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

lurking for as long as I have it seems like everyone compares everything to some kind of goofy conspiracy

Yeah ,why would anyone possibly think beyond what there told, that just doesnt make sense! Id much rather live my life under total control of someone else ,with my head down ,sad not understanding what is happening around me.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

I think they're targeting the pre-mixed drinks only, so Jack and Coke sold in separate containers is ok. Having them in the same bottle would be forbidden.

Do they add like a huge amount of caffiene to it or something ,the premixed ones ,Ive only ever mixed my own drinks and never drank an energy drink so just curious?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join