It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medal of Honor goes to first living recipient from Afghanistan war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

"Giunta saw several of his fellow soldiers go down. He ran forward, throwing grenades and returning enemy fire, to help one soldier who had been shot but was still fighting, the documents say. Then he noticed one of the wounded soldiers was missing".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"Searching for his wounded friend Sgt. Josh Brennan, Giunta ran over a hill where moments before Taliban fighters had been shooting at him. Now he was alone, out of sight of his fellow soldiers, in an area that the Taliban had controlled just moments before."

"Giunta saw two Taliban fighters dragging Brennan away. He ran after them, killing one and wounding the other, who ran off."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

more on this here--->www.cnn.com...

Well although i'm not for the war, this man is certanly very brave imo and deserves it.

your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My thoughts? there isnt a football, baseball, hockey, basketball or any other sport player that should make more money than this guy

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Well it is about time, and I agree 100% with what dmefoc mentioned. These soldiers deserve more.
A lot more. S&F

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

mhhm agreed, this man risked his life to save others and basically gets a pat on the back, paris hilton doesn't do jack and is filthy rich. Brave men like firefighters don't really get paid that much, but brittany spears opens up a perfume chain and gets even more filthy rich.

It's not fair I tell ya

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

It was all political bs.. a supposed morale booster to the Armed Forces even though they all know, and anyone who paid attention to the whole affair knew, the guy doesn't want the medal, and feels exactly like he should: He's a puppet being paraded in-front of the media for nothing but some political gain for men who don't really care about him or our troops.

EDIT: Not to say he doesn't deserve it, he does .. there are many who do .. but I can't ignore the mans own question "why me, why now?" and it's answered in the spectacle they turned it into ..
edit on 11/17/2010 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A star and flag for posting this extremely rare event.

While SSgt. Giunta will be viewed by many as being a hero amongst heroes, he will humbly declined that he is.

What makes it so great among Medal of Honor recipients is that they all declare themselves not to be heroes. You can't have nothing but unwaivering and absolute respect for each these heroes. Makes a man get choked up that there are real men of honor still existing today.

All this being said, I would've waited until the next POTUS to award it. Obama probably hated presenting it as much as SSgt. Guinta hated recieving it from him (of all people).

And again, with that being said, the United States can't possibly give to this soldier what he deserves.

EDIT: In response to Rockpuck above, I'll have to agree that there are many heroes that go unrecognized in their actions under combat conditions. Hats off to all unsung heroes.
edit on 17/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join