It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Allow These Two people to Touch Your Junk?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have almost no modesty. However, I don't trust what the scanners might do to my cells; They simply weren't designed for such a concentrated intrusion. My opinion.

Regarding the patdown........ I have to go through this nearly every time we fly from the big island home. I dutifully pull all the metal from my pants pockets -- cell phone, coins, etc. -- and remove my belt like a good little slave to the system..... the metal detector never alerts, and yet.... nearly every time I am pulled from the line and patted down and scanned with the hand scanner. I personally think they're jealous of my brown, shaven head. God didn't give everyone a perfect head -- everyone else got hair.

I've made what I hoped were humorous comments occasionally. Four of the subcontracted "patters" now apparently feel they have a sense of me, and just go through the motions without any intrusive touching. I don't feel any safer from going through this, but I suppose the patters do. Whatever gets me home without too much irradiation. We won't be doing any gratuitous travel, unless it's by boat. The world is screwed up, and this is the fix that's been created to (IMO) both create a new money-making market for some, as well as address the perception of safety. Personally, I'd prefer that they not allow Grandmas to carry 8 X 12" pictures with a glass front. Every time I see that, I marvel at how they might take a pair of nail clippers, but think nothing of a sheet of glass, or the metal rod running down the center of an umbrella.

What a world. I always feel like kissing the ground when I get home.
edit on 16/11/10 by argentus because: spellin'

link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I'd rather have then touch my junk then be sitting in a plane with my 4 year old daughter when the fuselage blows out from some terrorist (home grown or not) bomb or having to tell her it is going to be all right as we storm 500 miles an hour toward the Sears Tower.
They do more intense pat downs at high schools in Newark or Camden NJ then they do in the airports every day.

. . . and as for giving up my liberties for being safe. Not all of them but this one the PTB can have!
edit on 11/16/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

That's right... spread the fear baby!!

Your daughter could be next!

..and seriously, do you think you'll be able to pick and choose which one of your liberties they will take next? Seriously?
edit on 16-11-2010 by Blarneystoner because: to add a snarky remark... of course.

link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Yeah your over 25. come on man

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: off topic

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No rights are being violated by the act of security pat-downs. Airport security is no different from other forms of security such as sporting events or in malls.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by amc621

Get over it. There is no other motive here other than to protect us.

Little assignment for you, should you choose to Deny Ignorance (just a bit)
Look into who produces the scanning machines, how much money has been invested and where it's coming from and going to. Then come back and try to convince us there is no other motive here...

General Electric (GE) started to develop the Secure Registered Traveler System. The new system would use newly developed technology such as automated carry-on scanning, automatic biological pathogen detection, millimeter-wave full body scanning and a quadruple resonance carpet that would detect threats in shoes without having to take them off. The SRT program also works with smartcard technology along with fingerprint technology to help verify passengers. The fingerprint scanner also detects for explosive material traces on the person's fingers. Here is their newest scanner and their boasting of technology sold to China.
www.gereports.com...
If they can look inside the luggage this way, they can also see if your baby is a boy or girl while in the womb, or see which vessels in your heart will soon be blocked!
Aren’t they also helping Iran with their nuclear program?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
those pictures really mean nothing to me,
no matter who it is. if i dont want you touching me or you have no damn reason to touch me.. you better not put your hands on me...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I have almost no modesty. However, I don't trust what the scanners might do to my cells; They simply weren't designed for such a concentrated intrusion. My opinion.
Regarding the patdown........ I have to go through this nearly every time we fly from the big island home. I dutifully pull all the metal from my pants pockets -- cell phone, coins, etc. -- and remove my belt like a good little slave to the system..... the metal detector never alerts, and yet.... nearly every time I am pulled from the line and patted down and scanned with the hand scanner. I personally think they're jealous of my brown, shaven head. God didn't give everyone a perfect head -- everyone else got hair.
I've made what I hoped were humorous comments occasionally. Four of the subcontracted "patters" now apparently feel they have a sense of me, and just go through the motions without any intrusive touching. I don't feel any safer from going through this, but I suppose the patters do. Whatever gets me home without too much irradiation. We won't be doing any gratuitous travel, unless it's by boat. The world is screwed up, and this is the fix that's been created to (IMO) both create a new money-making market for some, as well as address the perception of safety. Personally, I'd prefer that they not allow Grandmas to carry 8 X 12" pictures with a glass front. Every time I see that, I marvel at how they might take a pair of nail clippers, but think nothing of a sheet of glass, or the metal rod running down the center of an umbrella.
What a world. I always feel like kissing the ground when I get home.
edit on 16/11/10 by argentus because: spellin'

I haven't flown commercial in over 5 years. But you make an excellent point, Umbrella's and the glass in pictures! Star 4 U.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am nearing 50 years old and have never had any sexual relationships and probably never will, if this is the only chance of getting "my junk touched" then i am going to become a world traveler.

On a side note

Has this new method of scanning ever been successful? have they ever caught anyone using the new xrays/crotch grabs?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Spread what fear, it's reality! I don't fear dying but I am a dad and I will do whatever it takes to protect my daughter from harm whether it's a black us plot to kill citizens in the name of Islam or if it's Islam killing in the name of Islam. I could care less. Having my body scanned by a scanner does not really bother me and in the 10 times I've flown recently I've only been in that line once, and the girl smiled at me afterwards! The people who work there have to touch others also, like people who don't shower much or have the best hygiene if you know what I mean. I wouldn't want that job.
To say it bluntly, planes are being used to do bad things. The ones behind it do not care who you are. So if you want to fly with all your rights intact they should have an airline that you can walk up to and pay cash, no ID's, nothing. Get on the plane with unblemished freedom and see where it is you end up.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
No rights are being violated by the act of security pat-downs. Airport security is no different from other forms of security such as sporting events or in malls.

not really.. airpoints take it to a whole new level..
if you had the same security at sporting events as you do the airpoints, the bleechers would be empty

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

They do more intense pat downs at high schools in Newark or Camden NJ then they do in the airports every day.
. . . and as for giving up my liberties for being safe. Not all of them but this one the PTB can have!
edit on 11/16/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

Really?
Really!!
Baaah, bhaaaa, baaaaa!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
If I go swimming they'll typically restrict me from running near the pool. I accept that. If I need to run near a pool I can go do it at another place. I don't complain that they're violating my constitutional right to run.

You know why? Its because you dont have a Constitutional protection to run by a pool. You DO however, have a Constitutionally protected right to not being unreasonably searched.

You should read the Constitution sometime. Maybe study a little why these rights were felt important.

You are no safer on an airplane now, than you were before 9-11. If a terrorist wants to blow you up on an airplane he or she will. They can just stuff the explosives up their butts like this guy did, and no amount of naked scanners or pat downs will save you.

www.cbsnews.com...

Whats next? You want them to shove a gloved hand up your anus, and those of all your fellow travelers to ensure that doesnt happen?

You know the same "you can just stay home" argument applies to you. If you are so scared of dying that you feel our Constitution, the defining feature of the US, should be trashed to make you safer, just dont fly. Drive, and you can screen all your fellow passengers any way you want to.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Spread what fear, it's reality! I don't fear dying but I am a dad and I will do whatever it takes to protect my daughter from harm whether it's a black us plot to kill citizens in the name of Islam or if it's Islam killing in the name of Islam.

Really?
Did you take this," I will do whatever it takes to protect my daughter from harm" attitude to the polling booth?
If you didn't, then you may have to take your voting to the roof tops.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Unfortunately, they really do!

Metal detectors and all, to keep guns and contraband out. Kinda surreal when you see it for the first time, I went to NJIT in Newark for 5 years. There used to be a high school on campus between Rutgers and NJIT. You couldn't walk past on the sidewalk without having books, chairs, food and excrement thrown at you. Not joking one bit! There were several after school riots also during my 5 year stint, gunshots and cars flipped over on fire. We all knew to stay clear at 8:30 and 2:45.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

You're still not getting it my friend. The terrorist's ultimate goal is to terrorize. In your case, I'm afraid they've won.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I will take it to the rooftops if I have too!

I lost faith in our political process years ago and now I'm losing faith in this way of life. And I do get it, terrorists terrorize but that is not why I allow them to look at my junk in a scanner, it just doesn't make that big of a deal to me. Now if they were to tell me to strip, bend over and cough, I would get pretty upset. Plus if this is upsetting to you then the facial recognition cameras and emotional detectors they have everywhere now should upset you just as much. From what I hear every government building, even public buildings like Smithsonian museums and post offices, social security all have this technology installed now. Airports were the first to get it. But most don't even know they are there or care.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here is a link that will display a video of a little 3 year old girl getting felt up by a TSA agent. If she were my daughter, this would have NEVer happened, and the reporter/father allowed it to happen for sensationalizing on his News show.
The sick bastard!
vimeo.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nobody is forcing anyone to subject themselves to either the body scan or the pat down. You do have a choice to have one or the other or neither and not tavel by plane.

Nobody is having their rights trampled on. You do have the choice to not have your personal space invaded. I have also seen these pics the body scans put out and don't understand the big deal, a barbie doll is is more risque then what these things produce.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I would have said something stupid to the TSA agent which would have ended in my incarceration, yes I agree. And trust me my daughter is no angel at times but this wasn't the topic of the thread. If the topic was these TSA agents need to use a little more common sense in there daily job related activities then I would certainly agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join