It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Allow These Two people to Touch Your Junk?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Juan520

I've seen worse working at a strip club... at least she smart. No gloves no love honey....
and not getting paid for stepping into these 'peep' booths.would bother me...

Really though,
is this the same for private small time airports and aircraft, or these scanners.just for commercial 'cattle' ports when people fly.....
edit on 18-11-2010 by AnotherCLou because: someone touched my junk

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Apparently the TSA is withdrawing enhanced pat downs for children 12 and under:

Children going through airport security will no longer be subject to the aggressive pat-downs that have riled some passengers and will instead face less-intrusive hand searches from screeners, the Transportation Security Administration said Tuesday.

"After a thorough risk assessment and after hearing concerns from parents, we made the decision that a modified pat-down would be used for children 12 years old and under who require extra screening," TSA spokeswoman Kristin Lee said in a statement.

travel.usatoday.com...

They need to withdraw it completely.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Clearly I missed the cavity search part !

not to keen on getting fingered , but your doc does it when he checks your prostate but thats to make sure you dont have prostate cancer

Getting fingered to find out if your hiding a bomb or drugs nah!
Im happy with the scanners , but not happy at all to be fingered.

If they have concrete intel on me carrying drugs then sure they can search me , or a bomb .

But if im just passing through and they say we are randomly going to search your anal cavity for illegal items , then Id certainly be very angry , woudlnt they need reasonable doubt like the police ?

Im not scared of the police at all , I dont trust them but im not scared of them , baring in mind I live in the UK , where the police are nothing more than revenue collectors.
If the US government pass a law that requires mandatory anal cavity searches , then hell yes I'd be annoyed , there is no reason for it , thats a police state right there , they dont trust you , and you dont trust them , some serious paranoia going on there.

I totally dont agree with kids being searched in that fashion either.
Scanner yes , quick pat down yes ! , asking them for a cavity search no.

Oh and by the way not everyone who works at airports are peadophiles.
And if thats the case where they have to put kids through that process then they should be background checked also !

Can you still explain why Im dangerous ?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I'm going out on a limb but I assume you were titled dangerous because your lethargic mentality is detrimental to the preservation of individual rights.

That's what I took from it. And partially agree with.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Unions tell pilots to avoid body scanners at airports

Unions representing pilots at American Airlines and US Airways have advised their more than 14,000 members to avoid the scanners, which peer beneath clothing, and instead get a pat down from Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers

travel.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What have we done to combat terrorism??
Just a few items..

Spent Trillions of dollars.
Invaded and gone to war with not one, but 2 Nations...
Sent a couple hundred thousand of our best youth into harms way...to kill and be killed.
Lost thousands of soldiers, and had many more come home missing limbs etc.
Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians have died in the process as well.
We have illegally improsend folks, Tortured people...passed the patriot act 1 and 2 ..
etc. etc. etc.

Perfectly willing to waterboard an innocent stranger or invade a soveriegn nation, or send our kids to war..

But when the average American runs the risk of getting a pat down on our way to taking a vacation..

Whoa!! ....that is where we draw the line!

By the way....When you have a choice...when you are waiting in line to use a product or service...it is not having your rights taken away.

When they kick in your door without a warrant, THAT is having your rights taken away.

Buying a ticket and waiting in line knowing you might be frisked....Nope...that is a choice you make.

edit on 18-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Isn't anyone else wondering why Fox News and the GOP are freaking out about the TSA?

The same folks that are gung ho on the wars, pro-defense, patriot act, etc....but a pat-down at the airport and our liberties have been stripped away???

FOLLOW THE MONEY...THEY WANT TO PRIVATIZE SECURITY ....This is about Money.

Here let me just start, just a little bit to break it down for you…

Amid airport anger, GOP takes aim at screening

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Rep. John Mica, the Republican who will soon be chairman of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, is reminding airports that they have a choice.
Opt out of the TSA
sayanythingblog.com...

Airport tells TSA to "get lost, we're opting out'
community.history.com...

Rep. John Mica (R-FL) questions the need for the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on Blackwater
beemp3.com...

Republicans ask Waxman to postpone Blackwater hearing
The Republicans include Reps…. John Mica of Florida,
www.politico.com...

“While Democrats like Henry Waxman, who received $6,300 from defense contractors over the past seventeen years, and Elijah Cummings, “whose career contributions from defense interests tally a mere $1,200,” lit into Prince, Republicans like Tom Davis ($717,829), John Mica of Florida ($145,454), and Darrell Issa ($131,235) went easy on the Blackwater chief. In fact, they praised the guy, his company, and the contracting industry in general.
www.cjr.org...

God help me...give it a year and Blackwater or one of their subsideraries like Xe etc. or some other up and comming Defense contractor writing checks to DC Politicians...will be running airport security. AND GETTING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars ...employing ex TSA emplyees to do the same job...and when someone sneaks through...the company will fold and dissappear before the hearings are even scheduled.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Are you just going to keep cutting and pasting from thread to thread on this topic? Perhaps you should explain to all of us dummies once again what you are trying to get at. Glad you used the article from my thread though

And yes I would let Janet touch my junk. I would love to be her first touch!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

BTW. The privatization of screening option was written into the ORIGINAL legislation that gave birth to the TSA in the first place. Many people just didn't know that it even existed. The option was available after the first two years of TSA's life.

This is nothing new. It has just been brought to the forefront where it belongs because of what the TSA has evolved into.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Perhaps you should explain to all of us dummies once again what you are trying to get at.

Not sure who you are calling dummies? or why?

As for what I am getting at? This is a money grab.

John Mica takes money from Gov Contractors like Blackwater.
John Mica tried to cancel the hearing on Blackwater.
John Mica was the one who told all the airport they can opt out of the TSA...in favor of private contractors.
The Media is ballooning this issue...Fox news in particular.

This is all aimed at giving companies like Blackwater...if not Blackwater itself...authority over our airport security and Hundreds of Millions if not Billions of taxpayer dollars.

Is that too complicated for you?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, the bottom line is that these enhanced pat-downs are not only outrageous, they are definately a form of sexual assault. I don't know how much money these people earn, but I'd bet on the fact that many of the male employees look upon these pat-downs of women as one of the benefits of the job. It's only natural that a healthy hetrosexual male would derive at least a little enjoyment out of his groping a woman he finds attractive. I now wonder if some women are selected for a groping session simply for her looks, and nothing else. If a supervisor finds an enhanced pat-down of someone neccessary for safety's sake, it should only be done in a private room by one non homosexual officer, with another as witness. It should also be carried out in front of a video camera to ensure nothing untoward takes place, with no one allowed to view the session unless the "victim" launches a complaint.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Why does it seem like you have an unhealthy obsession with Blackwater?

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that they would even be interested in the airport screenings, yet you rail on and on about it.

Why?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Perhaps you should explain to all of us dummies once again what you are trying to get at.

Not sure who you are calling dummies? or why?

As for what I am getting at? This is a money grab.

John Mica takes money from Gov Contractors like Blackwater.
John Mica tried to cancel the hearing on Blackwater.
John Mica was the one who told all the airport they can opt out of the TSA...in favor of private contractors.
The Media is ballooning this issue...Fox news in particular.

This is all aimed at giving companies like Blackwater...if not Blackwater itself...authority over our airport security and Hundreds of Millions if not Billions of taxpayer dollars.

Is that too complicated for you?

Mica has been involved with this since its 2001 inception. He was the lead author of the aviation security legislation approved by Congress after the 9/11 attacks. Keep in mind that prior to 9/11 security screeners were privately employed by the airlines serving the terminals.

5 beta test airports were exempted from the TSA mandate and they were permitted to use approved private screeners. When the test period was concluded the GAO determined that private screeners did a significantly better job of detecting dangerous objects than their TSA counterparts at all of the other major airports.

The problem with the TSA since day one has been govt. involvement and an over centralization of the entire process in DC. The local airports were completely stripped of any power, authority or involvment in the process. A classic problem.

A good read
www.heritage.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Becuase people know Blackwater...

You are correct...Blackwater aka Xe is no more and it's Founder Eric Prince stated in June he intended to relocate to the United Arab Emirates, seeing as the UAE did not have an extradition policy with the US and there was potential that he could be brought up on some very serious criminal charges.

What folks don't understand when they will read a few months from now that ABC Defense Contactors have taken over the security of the airports is that it will be the same deal...a company that will rob the taxpayer, do a half-ass job, pay-off politicians and fold as soon as the sh#$ hits the fan.

And I won't be happy or say I told you so when it happens...I'll just be glad I wasn't on "that" plane.

Maybe google "Argenbright Holdings" to see what happened the last time DC sold our airport security to a GOP donor...

In 2000, nation's largest provider of airport security personnel paid $1.2 million in fines for hiring convicted felons as bag screeners.
www.nytimes.com...

9-11....Private security firms let those guys take box cutters on the plane..Again "Argenbright"

Terrorists who hijacked two of the four planes apparently sneaked through airport security checkpoints guarded by an Atlanta company that has been fined for security lapses in the past.

Atlanta-based Argenbright Security provided passenger screening security at airports in Washington and Newark, N.J. The hijacked flight out of Washington's Dulles International Airport slammed into the Pentagon, while the Newark plane crashed in western Pennsylvania.
www.highbeam.com...

In November 2001, Argenbright Security allowed a passenger carrying multiple weapons through a security checkpoint. In November of 2001, passenger Subash Gurung was arrested after carrying multiple weapons onto an airplane at Chicago's O'Hare airport. Argenbright Security, who ran the security checkpoints, confiscated two knives but failed to catch the other weapons.

Just saying....maybe folks should stop reacting to what they see on TV and think for a moment.

This is a money grab at the expense of our security.

Sure we can change/reform the TSA...but that is not the goal or the plan.

Someone is looking for a very big payday and it has nothing to do with your 'rights"

That is the truth...and I am done with this debate.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't see anyone in this thread complaining about giving prisoners cavity searches. OH THAT'S RIGHT IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU.

Obviously, all of the resistant to body searches is a by-product of your parents teaching you not to let people touch your "private parts" and you just haven't matured past that yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Mica has been involved with this since its 2001 inception. He was the lead author of the aviation security legislation approved by Congress after the 9/11 attacks. Keep in mind that prior to 9/11 security screeners were privately employed by the airlines serving the terminals.

Yep see my post above..

And Heritage foundation carries the water for GOP interests, even they themselves half admit it....find me something unbiased.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Yep see my post above..

And Heritage foundation carries the water for GOP interests, even they themselves hal admit it....find me something unbiased.

Are you so obtuse that you can't even read a 2006 article that analyzes the TSA and the GAO report because it comes from the Heritage foundation. Perhaps I should have linked directly to the GAO report instead. There is a lot to be learned there when you consider what has transpired in this country since then. I guess reality is much to difficult to accept.

Maybe you will read this. again this is from 2006. All noble observations and suggestions

The TSA's dual role creates a serious conflict of interest. As one airport director said to a Chicago Tribune reporter in the early days of the TSA, "The problem inherent in the federally controlled screening process is that you end up having a fed­eral agency sitting in the middle of your terminal, essentially answerable to nobody."[9] This point was underscored in a report by Bearing Point on the five pilot-program airports: "Because the screeners at a private contractor [pilot-program] airport are not government employees, the FSD is able to take a more objective approach when dealing with screener-related issues raised by stakeholders such as airport management or air carriers."[10] Under the TSA's current structure, that will never happen.

Fundamentally, the fault does not lie with the TSA, but with Congress, which mandated how the government should address the problem. Congress myopically opted for focusing on how government could make the pre-9/11 security inspection regime better rather than addressing the crucial issue of finding the most efficient and effective way to keep terrorists off of planes. Congress created the problem, and fixing it will take a law from Congress to refocus the government on the job of stopping terrorists rather than rooting through our luggage.

Congress can start by converting the TSA into a much more modest Aviation Security Agency (ASA). Most of the TSA's non-screening functions can and should be performed effectively in other parts of the DHS. In fact, the Bush Administration's fiscal year 2006 budget proposal called for shifting several key programs out of the TSA into a new Screening Coordination and Operations office within the DHS that would include Secure Flight (the successor to CAPPS), Registered Traveler, and Transportation Worker Identity Credential (TWIC). This change, if approved by Congress, would "strip the TSA of its biggest and most high-profile pro­grams and leave it largely as a manager of 45,000 security screeners."[11] This would be a step in the right direction.

www.heritage.org...

TSA is still stuck in the mud of govt. bureaucracy.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Gotcha...TSA = Government Bureaucracy…Airports don’t like that they can’t outright fire screeners who suck, because they are gov. employees vs private contractors.

Now answer me this without resorting to baiting and insults…

Would turning it over to private contractors be more expensive? Yes..by all accounts..

OK…but would they do a better job?

2 of the 4 planes that were hijacked on 9-11, those Hijackers were let on by a private company…a company that was fined both before and after the hijackings for security lapses…a company that gave money to the GOP

"Argenbright Holdings"

In 2000, nation's largest provider of airport security personnel paid $1.2 million in fines for hiring convicted felons as bag screeners.
www.nytimes.com...

Terrorists who hijacked two of the four planes apparently sneaked through airport security checkpoints guarded by an Atlanta company that has been fined for security lapses in the past.

Atlanta-based Argenbright Security provided passenger screening security at airports in Washington and Newark, N.J. The hijacked flight out of Washington's Dulles International Airport slammed into the Pentagon, while the Newark plane crashed in western Pennsylvania.
www.highbeam.com...

In November 2001, Argenbright Security allowed a passenger carrying multiple weapons through a security checkpoint. In November of 2001, passenger Subash Gurung was arrested after carrying multiple weapons onto an airplane at Chicago's O'Hare airport. Argenbright Security, who ran the security checkpoints, confiscated two knives but failed to catch the other weapons.

Here ...let's scroll back in time...to when the TSA was born...

ARGENBRIGHT:
Sometimes Corporate Crime Doesn’t Pay
Sometimes, at least, it turns out that corporate crime and law-breaking doesn’t pay.

Ask Argenbright, a leader in the privatized airport security business in the United States. Argenbright controls roughly 40 percent of the market. Its employees screen passengers and carry-on bags for the airlines, which have been delegated these responsibilities by the federal government.

In November, the U.S. Congress agreed on legislation that will federalize airport security operations. The workers doing security checks at airports will become federal employees, with higher wages and greater professional requirements. Working conditions should improve, and the extremely high worker turnover rate should plunge. And Argenbright should fade from the picture.

The move against the trend of privatization and contracting out of government-provided services was obviously spurred by the September 11 terrorist attacks. But it was Argenbright’s extraordinarily poor performance record that confronted Congress with an empirical reality that overcame ideological resistance to an expansion of government power and closure of a private market.

Owned by the British firm Securicor, Argenbright in May 2000 pled guilty to two counts of making false statements to federal regulators and paid $1.55 million in fines in connection with charges that it failed on a massive scale to do background checks on security screeners employed at Philadelphia International Airport, failed to provide them with required training, and then lied to federal authorities about it.

The October 2001 plea extended Argenbright’s probationary period from three to five years, and required the company to do new background checks, including fingerprinting, of its employees.

Hopefully, Argenbright will never have a chance to fill out its probationary period. Its desperate and aggressive lobby campaign to keep the screening jobs in the private sector failed. There are small loopholes in the federal aviation security bill that could again give the company a foothold in the industry, but the company’s future prospects in the U.S. airline screening business are now very, very bleak.

multinationalmonitor.org...

Fast forward 9 years and the candy shop is open again...PRIVATIZE!!!...Americans memory is short...they won't remember how we already had a private security firm running almost half the screenings in our airports...they were criminals...they got away by making political donations...they were the ones that screened passengers on two of the planes that went down on 9-11

But who am I to stand in the way...If FOX news says we need to Privatize....and the GOP has it's lobbyists to pander to..why worry about it...lets do it all over again...It was just so lovely the first time with Criminal Prosecutions, 9-11 hijackings etc. ...Hurry there is Money to be made!!!!

Edit to add: Want to see me predict the future?...Argenbright was bought by G4S after it was prosecuted for fraud and criminal activity with regards to airport security. G4S owns Wakenhut ...which now provides guards for prisons amongst various other gov activities...Wakenhut has thier headquarters in Palm Beach Florida...the 7th Congressional Distrcit of none other than John Mica, the GOP Congressman telling airports to drop the TSA.

Wanna bet Wakenhut now GS4, formerly Argenbright is who he has in mind for airport security?

Give it a couple months...I will revisit this post.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

No!

I personally would go the naked scan route much to their observers chagrin. That's just me, I have no shame. You want to see my nether regions? Well then you'll find out why they call them nether regions and likely be disturbed for the rest of your days having viewed mine. Hell, I'd drop trow and show them right in the check in line. That should be an option too. That way not just the TSA perverts would be seeing that I'm "unarmed", I'd have witnesses. Their next step will be banning clothing all together.

This doesn't make anyone safer as you know. This makes us more compliant to the NWO whims. Just another step in breaking our collective wills. This isn't about terrorists, this is about an excuse to put in means of controlling disgruntled citizens. Terrorists are controlled by rational thinking and techniques based on rational thinking. There's nothing rational here. Look at my scans and you'll know that.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
I don't see anyone in this thread complaining about giving prisoners cavity searches. OH THAT'S RIGHT IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU.

No... convicted fellons have lost their rights... specifically.. the right to be free.... from cavity searches.

Obviously, all of the resistant to body searches is a by-product of your parents teaching you not to let people touch your "private parts" and you just haven't matured past that yet.

Yeah that's it...

edit on 18-11-2010 by Blarneystoner because: I needed to change something... obviously... duh....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join