It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBEs - I can get started, but i cant get out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hey everyone. I had one OOBE that I detailed in TheRiverGoddess's epic thread devoted to OOBE, and its been a couple months and I am having trouble progressing, and I was looking for a couple tips.

I reach a point where my body is shaking, and I can see the lightshow behind my eyelids. I can feel my counciousness start to expand, or I can feel myself "moving" up and out - then I always snap back awake. Not like awake sit up in bed, but awake and aware that i was "almost there", then I lose the light show and the trembles.

Can some OOBE'ers give some tips, from this specific point onward?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

The best piece of advice I can give you is, "relax." When I first started trying to purposefully have oobe's I got stuck in the same place you are now. What happened to me is that I would get to that point right before separation and get so excited that I would loose it. It wasn't until I had gotten to that point so many times with no result that I stopped getting excited by it and then it happened.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Do you get the ringing in your ears as well?

The important thing here is to not get distracted while 'pulling up'. If you think about other things while it's happening, it'll snap you out of it. You need to be only focusing on 'getting out'. Nothing more.. dont think about what is happening to you, just focus and visualize yourself lifting up and embrace the feeling during this.

Being too anxious, wanting it to happen wont help either. Just be relaxed and go with it.

edit:
@wisintel: hahah that's funny.. you posted that while I was writing this. I guess we solved it ?

edit on 16-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello there! As a long-time OOBE'r, I will attempt to share my experiences. Whenever I reach a "state", and then my mind steps in and says "OH! I'm in a state! " I've lost it, right? My mind wants to interfear when I'm not sure if I've attained something. So, I "look back" at myself (:puz
to see if I've attained my goal. Yes, I may be called stark raving mad. At lease I'm brave enough to step out.

So, relax and know that you know! Enjoy the process, don't take it so seriously, and remember to laugh, alot!

Peace....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts!

Honestly, it doesnt feel like i am tensing up, but I will try to be more relaxed. But it seems like if I get more relaxed, I fall asleep. Or I do fall asleep, then I wake up, again with no lights or trembles.

When I had my first OOBE, i wasnt really trying to, I was just taking a nap, but had been practicing OOBE for weeks with basically the same results as I have now, so you guys are probably on to something.

I listen to "boxed Nirvana II", basically a hemi-sync mp3 on my ipod as i lay down on my bed and meditate.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I have trouble with Astral as well...I don't really get that part, of trying to get out... Is it just visualization or do I also try to like push myself out without movement, if you can wrap you mind around that...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO

The important thing here is to not get distracted while 'pulling up'. If you think about other things while it's happening, it'll snap you out of it. You need to be only focusing on 'getting out'.

Also, I never really try to "pull up", so i dont think i know the feeling...the one OOBE i had, all of a sudden I was just floating around my bedroom bumpin into stuff before I realized what happened.

This brings me to something else, I am always afraid to open my eyes or move my limbs, i just sorta lay there. I know this is covered in other places, but what do you do to "get out" or "pull up", do you just visualize limbs? or do you actually "move" your arm, but since your body is asleep, only the astral moves? Thank for any more input.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I am no pro at OOBEs, but I have had some successful attempts. I'll share the conditions that best helped me.

• Peace in my normal daily life through self improvement, philosophy, and religion.

• Having control of my normal daily body. Being able to fast and control hunger. Controlling my thoughts, words, and actions by being extremely conscious of myself.

• Normal, routine, fasting, prayer, and meditation.

• Being aware that I will experience OOBE before trying. Mentally, Physically, and Spiritualy prepping myself days ahead of the attempt.

• When attempting, being sure I have no distractions. I'm not hungry, I'm not full. I'm not tired or sleepy. I'm not worried or stressed out about any aspect of my life. I have used the restroom and have ritualistically washed my body. I position myself in the most comfortable position I can.

After these conditions have been met, I then proceed to attempt OOBE. I meditate to relax my body and consciously align my chakras and let my energy flow. I clear my mind of thought. I envision pure white Peace, Love, Happiness, and Protection around myself. Then finally, I make the intention to "see" the room without my eyes. This is when the magic happens for me.

I hope some of this will help you. Just like athletes, we must train and prepare. Each athlete trains and prepares differently according to what works for them. May Peace be upon you.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

I have trouble with Astral as well...I don't really get that part, of trying to get out... Is it just visualization or do I also try to like push myself out without movement, if you can wrap you mind around that...

Nah I know exactly what you mean. The past few times I've had the buzzing, ringing, and pulling I havent been able to get out. Some people visualize it, but personally for me when i've been successful doing it, it just happened.. I didn't have to think anything extra.

The last time it happened to me I was able to amplify the ringing sound and the vibrations. It's very hard to describe how I did it.. I don't know if i'd call it visualizing... but.. i focused on the ringing, and i was just 'wanting' it to be louder..but it wasn't like a wish. It was like I was trying to force it to be louder, sort of like how you'd flex a muscle (but you're trying to flex a muscle you've never flexed before). That's the best way I can put it..

About movement though.. yea 'pushing yourself without physical movement' would be a good way to get out. Just don't be thinking "ok ok lets do this" .. just be doing it.

Check out this thread, lots of helpful tips:
abovetopsecret.com...
(The sleep paralysis thing worked first try for me)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm a long time OBE' er as well, ....

I learned how to do it back in highschool.

I've noticed the more you persue, ... or fight for the experience the more it will elude you. The more you "try", the more you tell the universe that it hasn't happened yet. .... and so it is.

You must behave as if nothing important is occuring, I know this is hard, as it is not everyday you leave your body, .... yet just pretend it is an everyday happening.

You could also be getting knocked back due to fear, or the adrenaline your feeling, ... anxiety as well.

So what do you do ??

Let go, ...... just let go. Of your life, of everything you think you know, .... empty your mind and become one with the sensations.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Fear is a big hold back, having no fear of death is a release, when I was having these feelings you speak of a long time ago, I did not know I was having OOBs. A friend told me that it sounded like I was astral projecting, the next time it happened, I said I don't care if I died and pop I was out of my body.

There is nothing to fear any demons you encounter are ones you alrady own.

The easy way is just step out of your body.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Your lucky I can't even get to that stage.

I have a lot of lucid dreams but never an OBE. I wish I could do it soooooooo bad.

Anyhow a quick question to those who have, whats it like?

Is it like a lucid dream?

And do you believe in an after-life due to your OBE's?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The harder I 'try'....the more I push it away from myself.
Maybe your having this issue also............??

The...'Relax and let what will be, BE'...point of NON focus might help you......

Keep trying though and keep letting the rest of us know how its going

check out Cavemans thread also....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by theRiverGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have a hard time admitting this because the idea of an OBE strikes me as just downright crazy, but recently I've had several experiences where I would walk in to a room and try to do something like flip on a light switch only to realize it wasn't working. My first thought was, "Oh the bulb must be blown." After a few more tries though I realized, "Hey something's not right, when I hit the switch I can't feel any resistance." Then usually I'd get the sensation that things were somehow different. So after trying to either pinch myself or jump a little I'd find myself banging against the ceiling.

In my experience these spontaneous OBEs seem to happen in the early morning when I've already hit the snooze button a couple times, wavering back-and-forth between awake and asleep. Perhaps you could try this technique yourself? Just set your alarm for the early morning around 5:30 AM and hit the snooze about four of five times.

What's a big disconcerting is I usually wake to find my body largely paralyzed. This caused me to seek out medical advice. Unfortunately my doctor didn't have any real explanation. The closest thing I've found to objective information on the subject is Robert Monroe's material.

Talk about weird stuff!
edit on 16-11-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO

The important thing here is to not get distracted while 'pulling up'. If you think about other things while it's happening, it'll snap you out of it. You need to be only focusing on 'getting out'.

This brings me to something else, I am always afraid to open my eyes or move my limbs, i just sorta lay there. I know this is covered in other places, but what do you do to "get out" or "pull up", do you just visualize limbs? or do you actually "move" your arm, but since your body is asleep, only the astral moves? Thank for any more input.

Don't open your eyes, and don't move. That could for sure ruin it. But also don't focus too much on not trying to open your eyes or move.. when you start getting the sensation of an oobe, the only thing you need to do is use your mind.

Even if I'm laying on my side when I'm about to oobe, your astral body turns so you're on your back and THEN it lifts up (your physical body never moves).

It's pretty cool stuff
But I haven't been able to get it to happen for a while .. I haven't exactly been trying though.

It always seems to happen when you're woken up way earlier than you had planned..
Let's say you had a full day, and then went to bed at 12 midnight. You go to bed really tired (maybe you had a few drinks), and you might normally wake up at 9-10am. But lets say something wakes you up at 3am. You will be terribly sleep-deprived, and this is when the ringing and body buzzing starts for me (as im trying to fall back asleep).

The most important thing is no distractions.. if you get the buzzing sensation in your body and ringing in your ears as you hear a car alarm outside, or your phone goes off.. this will prevent you from having an oobe because your attention is somewhere else.

If I was in the mountains in the middle of nowhere im sure I could have the OOBE of the century
but instead I hear sirens at least once every hour (downtown sucks for this stuff haha)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Hey Extreme

Some good Monroe on the youtubes, I really liked it, have to go back and watch more, 10 min. turned into more than a hour.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Hiya

Yes I use those ear plugs, but I also have the power with out ear plugs to sleep thru alarm clocks, going for hours without even hearing it.

Don't you hate when the person keeps hitting the snooze, I just let it keep going, now that's what I call lazy, no really I just put my brain on ignore.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Time flies doesn't it?
Here's a somewhat unique interview that better describes the details found in Monroe's later books.

It's fascinating stuff.

top topics

join