It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Periodic table party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Look what happens when you get all the elements together.

Time to party! We've got goodies to eat, music to dance to, the only odd thing is all the guests are chemicals. This is a Periodic Table party. Neon is here, but she's an incredible snob, doesn't like to touch. Hydrogen, with his dewy blue eyes, wants to hook up with anybody. Carbon — well, Carbon is the hottest thing on the dance floor and can handle four partners at once...Go ahead, check it out...(you are, after all, mostly carbon based).

Link to NPR article about the video

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My favorite, when K meets H2O
www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by morf991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I took both Honors and Advanced Placement Chemistry in High School. This sure brings back memories of all the countless hours of calculations and the such.

I might pay my old chem teacher a visit just to show her this video. She was my favorite teacher of all time. She's very eccentric, I'm sure she'd get just as much a laugh from this as I did

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

That was different!

The youtube description says it explains why noble gases don't bond, but it doesn't really explain it, it just shows that they don't without explaining why.

That might be a fun little clip to show high school chemistry students. to break the monotony for 90 seconds.

top topics

join