It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheat, Gluten, GMO Free 60 Days - I'm a New Person

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Rice is fine, but if it's brown rice it should be soaked (with water and small amount of vinegar or lemon or sprouted, as all grains should, for digestibility and nutrient availability. Rice is still much easier on the digestive system and if you're looking for a replacement pasta Tinkyada brand rice pasta is awesome.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've been on a gluten free diet for approx two months now, and I too feel like a brand new person! Before the diet, I was having bouts of severe anxiety, fogginess, loss of clarity, bloatedness, lethargy etc etc...

But literally within days of going gluten free, many of these symptoms lifted. Weight loss seems effortless.

I eat rice on almost a daily basis, lots of fruit and veg, potatoes, eggs, cheese, yoghurts, nuts, seeds and (very) occasionally a gluten free cake.

I was addicted to bread, cereals, pastry, cakes, biscuits, you name it... But haven't had those cravings since going gluten free.

Other benefits from this diet have been:

-regular bowel movements
-lucid dreams
-more energy
-less sleep needed
-clearer skin
-thicker hair
-clarity
-no anxiety
-better concentration
-more connected and aware of surroundings
-a feeling of lightness

-I could go on!

So if you're thinking of going on this diet, then I highly recommend it to anyone, you won't regret it

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's amazing how I don't crave the wheat and gluten anymore.

Today was the ultimate test, cakes, breads, stuffing, cookies and I didn't even flinch. Usually I would be craving it all and eating my share of wheat products. This diet really has made a huge difference, I hope some people will give it a go.

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Hope you all enjoyed yourselves and your friends and families.

And to our friends overseas cheers to all of you too.

Originally posted by PyxisVela
I've been on a gluten free diet for approx two months now, and I too feel like a brand new person! Before the diet, I was having bouts of severe anxiety, fogginess, loss of clarity, bloatedness, lethargy etc etc...

But literally within days of going gluten free, many of these symptoms lifted. Weight loss seems effortless.

I eat rice on almost a daily basis, lots of fruit and veg, potatoes, eggs, cheese, yoghurts, nuts, seeds and (very) occasionally a gluten free cake.

I was addicted to bread, cereals, pastry, cakes, biscuits, you name it... But haven't had those cravings since going gluten free.

Other benefits from this diet have been:

-regular bowel movements
-lucid dreams
-more energy
-less sleep needed
-clearer skin
-thicker hair
-clarity
-no anxiety
-better concentration
-more connected and aware of surroundings
-a feeling of lightness

-I could go on!

So if you're thinking of going on this diet, then I highly recommend it to anyone, you won't regret it

edit on 25-11-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Quick Update:

Well I had wheat/gluten by accident, only one meal, someone else had prepared yesterday, so I actually didn't know I had eaten it until the symptoms surfaced a bit later.

First symptom was the ringing in my ears, followed by a fogginess, as the day progressed I became lethargic and felt like I need a nap. Seconded stage lots of gas and bloating, that's when I started to figure out that it must have been something I eat, so I asked what was in the stew. Guess what?

Wheat Flour had been added as a thickening agent.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Another important thread I think everyone should read.

A very good plan and logic if people will follow it.

Carbs in any large amounts are not good, our bodies are having a tough time these days with all the Carbs, Sugars and transfats we consume.

Dieting and Exercise Aren't Effective Fat Loss Tools

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Hey buddy, thanks for posting the update. Awesome that you are still going strong. My wife and I are seriously considering taking up a gluten-free diet post holidays.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My mother was diagnosed with Celiac Spru over 30 years ago. She has had many years to test recipes and "new" products etc. Please be aware a lot of times companies change their formulas - so keep track!

Also if you are particularly sensitive, check your make-up (lipstick especially) and shampoo / lotions for some odd reason they use gluten products!!!! Mom found out the hard way that she is VERY susceptible and was absorbing the gluten that way too.

Also to whomever wants a good gluten free bread recipe that actually looks / tastes like BREAD u2u me and I will get you moms recipe.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Would you be so kind to post it for us, so everyone can benefit from your mothers wisdom?

I think this may be the start of a lifelong thread here at ATS.

Let's post Gluten free recipes that really work and taste good too.

Thanks in advance.

RT

Originally posted by Casing

Also to whomever wants a good gluten free bread recipe that actually looks / tastes like BREAD u2u me and I will get you moms recipe.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Moms Bread & Pizza Dough Recipe (not grainy like others!!!)

Bread:

2 cups white rice flour 2/3 cup lukewarm water
1/2 cup potato starch flour 2 envelopes dry yeast
1/2 cup tapioca flour 4 tblsp butter or margarine (melted)
2 1/2 tsp xantham gum 1 cup warm water
1/2 cup powdered buttermilk 2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt 3 eggs, room temperature (you can also put
2 tbsp, 1 tsp sugar them in warm water for 10 minutes if you
forget to get them out)

preheat oven to 400 degrees.

combine the flours, xantham gum, powdered buttermilk, salt and sugar (in the first column).

dissolve the 2 tsp sugar in the 2/3 cup of lukewarm water and mix in yeast.

combine the melted butter wit hthe cup of water.

turn mixer on low. blend the dry ingredients and slowly add the butter water mixture. I usually blend the dry ingredients in a storage bag and begin the mixing with the butter water mixture with a spoon so the flour doesn't "pouf". add eggs, one at a time while mixing on low. this mixture will feel slightly warm.

pour the yeast mixture into the bowl and beat at the highest speed for 2 minutes. place the mixing bowl in a warm spot, cover with plastic wrap and a towl. let the dough rise for approximately 1 hour or until doubled.

return the dough to the mixer and beat on high speed for 3 minutes. spoon dough into greased loaf pan. it will fill a very large loaf pan, or one normal loaf pan and 3 bun pans. fill about 2/3 full. let the dough rise until it is slightly above the top of the pan/s, 45 to 60 minutes.

bake large loaf approximately 45 minutes, or until bread has a slightly hollow sound when tapped. the buns about 25-30 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped.

PIZZA CRUST

1 1/2 cups flour mix (see recipe below)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xantham gum
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp sugar
7/8 cup lukewarm water
1 envelope rapid rise yeast (flieshmans is gluten free)
1 egg (room temperature)
1 tblsp oil

preheat oven to 425 degrees

spray a baking sheet or pizza pan with vegetable oil spray

blend together the flour, baking powder, xantham gum, and salt. set aside. add sugar to the water and stir in the yeast. let bubble slightly. in a mixing bowl, beat with a hand mixer at low speed the egg, oil and yeast water. with a spoon stir in the rest. pour the batter onto the prepared pan and spread with spatula. raise the edges slightly.

bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.

the pizza crust baked slightly freeze very well, but freeze on a flat surface

PIE CRUST

2 14 cups pastry mix (see recipe below)
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup butter flavored crisco
1 egg, cold
1 tblsp vinegar
1/4 cup ice water
sweet rice flour rolling

blend together the flours, xantham, salt and sugar. cut in the margarine and crisco in small dabs until you have shortening the size of lima beans (not cornmeal).

beat the egg with a fork, add the vinegar and ice water. stir in the flour mixture, forming a ball. you may knead this a bit (you will NEED to knead this a bit). Refrigerate the dough for an hour or more to chill.

divide the dough and roll out on a sweet rice floured wax paper. place in a pie tin.

bake as directed for the filling used.

these also freeze well if you use the disposable pie tins.

PASTRY MIX

2 cups tapioca flour
2 cups cornstarch
1 cup potato starch flour
4 cups sweet rice flour
4 rounded tsp xantham gum
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar

mix well. I make this up and bag them in zip lock bags for convenience.

GLUTEN FREE FLOUR MIX

6 cups white rice flour
2 cups potato starch flour
1 cup tapioca flour

you can adjust this to suit your needs (ie: 1 cup white rice flour, 1 cup potato starch flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour). this is another blend I make up and zip lock for convenience.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thank you for making this thread. I believe I am having problems with gluten. I am doing process of elimination and remembered I casually skimmed your thread years ago and found it again. Thank you to all for great advice and all that contributed recipes and your stories.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join