It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheat, Gluten, GMO Free 60 Days - I'm a New Person

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Realtruth
Quest what I neglected to mention was any aches or joint pains I used to experience have been greatly reduced too. I would wager it about 75%

get bloodwork done for autoimmune diseases. seriously. The flairs for them are triggered by wheat and sugar. Have a complete AI blood panel done .... RA, Sjogrens, Lupus, etc.

Thanks for bringing that up. It was recommended to me that I have ANA screening myself to rule out autoimmune diseases. My mother had RA, lupus, AND Sjogrens ... I feel for you, it was rough. I've recently had some concerns that I shared with my doctor. He recommended that I get this screening done, too.

Good to point that out.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Good post. I too had gone through the froggy foggy laggy dead weight feeling. I had changed my diet a while back and I do whatever I can to avoid MSG and Aspertame. Both are really bad. Neurotoxins and excitotoxins they are. I feel loads better since I removed those from my diet. I also avoid high fructose corn syrup. The bigger parts of my diet are salad, raw grains and nuts, unsweetened green tea, and occassionally meat (usually chicken or turkey). Basically I go out of my way to avoid any prepackaged or processed food.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It makes me laugh, at some of the replies , specially the ones that say that everything is subjective and that changing our lifestiles and eating habits is BS.

I suggest to the nay sayers to try out for themselves if they so please, if not, theyc an continue to be
F O S and that should be taken literally, its the gluten stuck to the walls of the intestines the main concern, inhibits a good deal of the process of human nutrition, we have half lives and half thoughts, we act like the worst kind of addicts, leaving our "comfort" foods behind is nearly unthinkable by many, and shunned by the rest.

We ask to leave their lives behind and start anew, its not easy.

And yes, as has been said , how can we be better if we continue to go by life poisoned from our very core? how can e be any better when all of the fecal matter is stuck in our intestines for the majority of our lives...

We get so defensive when someone attacks what we feel is our mundane and daily routines specially our feeding habits..
we are all the crap we have inside, and nothing more, emotionally and physically!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Yes, it's best to take it with a small warm glass of water. Try it first before any meds.

IMO, anything pharma should be the last alternative after trying natural first, then homeopathic, then pharma.

I have watched many people's lives and health around me change just from providing the knowledge to them and directing them to places to find the information.

I've also completely cured my son's ADHD by researching what Adderall does to the brain and mimicking the effects naturally with specific foods and supplements. He used to get D's and F's in school and detention every day... he has since pulled his grades up and does not get in trouble anymore, and has developed his own habits of watching what foods to eat after also noticing the effects they have on him.

I'm happy to offer any resources or information that I have.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
reply to post by IamCorrect

As far as my body is concerned you are so right about caffeine. I can handle one cup of coffee (and the weak, instant kind) but more than that and i feel terrible. I get the shakes and my heart flutters too. Me and caffeine don't get on at all.

That is exactly what happens to me too!

I think it has something to do with weak adrenal glands or a weak endocrine system.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

When I was 19 I thought I was dying of some stomach disorder. Everything I ate made me really sick, nauseous with cramping and diarrhea. I lost 70 pounds. Doctors prescribed me prilosec. I took it religiously for 3 years, avoided foods of every sort and was still sick. The best they could tell me was that I suffered from duodenal ulcers and that I should take prilosec before every meal. I became depressed, forlorn, angry.... Funny thing; it pushed me to seek out medical marijuana. And though I can't say it "cured" me, it did relieve all of my symptoms dramatically enough to break my addiction on acid blockers like prilosec. That's when I began to heal. I began to realize that everything I put into my body affected my physical and mental self. I cut out saturated fats, processed sugars, dyes, colors, preservatives, GMO foods and began to consume more fruit and vegetables. I suffer no symptoms anymore. And you know what I use if I have a flare up? Apple cider vinegar.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR SHOULD ALWAYS BE USED INSTEAD OF TUMS OR ACID BLOCKERS.
WHY? Apple cider vinegar INSTANTLY alleviates symptoms that drugs like tums and prilosec only make worse. I wasted 3 years of my young, college-aged life figuring that out.

Buy it raw and organic. Bragg's is the best. It's cheap too. Don't waste your time taking pharma to fix acid reflux. It will only make it worse.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm going to look into this gluten thing. I've made wheat a staple of my diet and I think its bloating me, making me more tired at work than I should be. In fact, I was going to make my breakfast sandwich until a very strong feeling urged me to "check ATS first." I think this is a sign I need to go back to spelt and examine exactly how much gluten is in my diet.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Our whole family is intolerant of wheat. We have celiac symptoms yet weren't diagnosed as such. I was told by a lady that works at a gluten free bakery (and makes awesome gf white bread btw) that someone from UC Davis told her that the wheat grown in the U.S. is "bred" to have extremely high (and very unnatural) levels of gluten. Regardless I don't believe humans were meant to eat grain the way we do and in such quantities. Grains shouldn't be eaten unsprouted. Along with the problem of digesting gluten is the fact that grains contain phytic acid in the coating which keeps the enzymes locked until germination. The phytic acid keeps the nutrients and enzymes unavailable. By germinating the seed you unlock the enzymes, reduce phytic acid (which can deplete minerals and niacin) and increase digestibility. I very much notice the difference in digestibility from sprouted beans, nuts, and grains vs. regular.

Additionally we are dairy intolerant, yet do completely fine with raw grass-fed milk. We've actually seen an improvement in digestion and other issues since drinking raw milk, which contains enzymes (including the enzyme to digest milk) beneficial bacteria, and is nutrient dense. Regular pasteurized, milk, from grain-fed, factory farmed cows give us a host of problems which include terrible digestion and inflammation.

I'd recommend looking into the Weston A. Price foundation website and Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions book. The alteration of our food and how it's prepared make all the difference. Pastured (grass-fed) meat, dairy and eggs are a completely different product nutrient wise than factory farmed products. Grains, nuts, seeds and legumes should all be sprouted or soaked to make the nutrients available and digestible. And of course ORGANIC fruits and veggies.

Anyway, the way our food is produced, and really what we consider food is totally skewed. We shouldn't wonder why we have the problems we do, when we eat in complete opposite of the way nature intended.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Invisagoth

There is gluten in spelt too.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The apple cider vinegar doesn't taste that bad. You do have to take it stright up tho.

Really, it does work. I was also introduced to this as a remedy for 'heartburn', which I got a lot, and now it is only every few years that I get symptoms.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Invisagoth

I went through almost exactly the same thing you did... incredible the audacity of the medical profession! I also took Prilosec for years and it made things worse, not better. It was when I stopped taking everything and looked at my diet that things changed for me.

You should read my post on page 3.
I explain in a bit more detail about the apple cider vinegar and why it works so well and why things like Prilosec are only to further expand your problems so you'll go back to your doctor for more meds or back to the store to buy more Tums or Rolaids.

People refuse to believe that food could cause all of their problems when in fact it's usually the root cause.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
first off, the only way to truley confirm celiac's disease is through a gastrointestinal biopsy.
Blood work does confirm it but is not 100 reliable.
It also can take months of a gluten free diet to see results of the diet. Even the most diligent of followers of the gluten free diet have accidental contamination.
So to say that you felt improvement after only 10 days can be psychosematic, or the placebo effect. Which is considered a very real effect by the medical community.
BUT
that being said, the highest rates of celiacs occurs in Europe, especially among Italians.
High prevalence of celiac disease in Italian general population.

So those of Italian makeup need to pay attention.

As much as 25% of the is estimated to have some type of wheat intolerance. That doesn't mean a all out allergy. Some people can tolerate wheat in small amounts.

Many people feel better on a gluton free diet. But unless your being regularly blood tested, there is no way to be absolutey sure that a gluten free diet is the source of improvement. There may be other intolerances that are being eliminated in the process.

Some people feel better just eliminating dairy or just nightshades.

Placebo or not, if you feel better, more power to you.

The typical symptom of a gluten allergy is abdominal issues. Because the body is unable to break it down, it starts doing damage to the intestinal track, and can take a long time to recover from.

As for accidental gluttoning, here are some sources to be wary of:
vegetable broth
caramel coloring
vanilla extract
baking soda
buttermilk
butter
cheese
alcohol
spices
aspartame

Vegetable Protein" and Other Mysteries
Ingredients including "hydrolyzed vegetable protein" (HVP) and "textured vegetable protein" generally contain either a form of gluten or soy, or a combination of the two plant proteins.

Similar mysterious ingredients that frequently (if not always) include gluten are: hydrolyzed plant protein (HPP), isolated vegetable protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, vegetable protein, modified food starch, food starch, dextrin, maltodextrin, emulsifiers, flavouring. Celiac.com has a very detailed list.

Read more at Suite101: Hidden Ingredients Containing Wheat or Gluten: Tips and Tricks on How to Discern Gluten Ingredients www.suite101.com...

hidden ingrediants

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

great facts, thanks for the info, you are correct, it takes a long time, but you can really feel the effects in a few days, if done properly of course, the body feels and reacts differently, we are not used to listen to our own bodies, we ignore the first symptoms until we are too late as usual...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

even a change in mood is something you have earned from your gluten free diet, its not a placebo effect, its part of the deal, Its actually funny when some dare to do things differently and then the partycrashers show up and start with the, "yeah its cool and all but", "I like it but really..." , "sounds good but its just..."

we should dare to change even with little steps at a time...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you make your own bread try quinoa, amaranth or millet flour, all are gluten free.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My wife suffered from sinusitis for many years (just about every 6 weeks she’d be visiting the doctor for yet another round of antibiotics). One day we read a magazine article that said recurrent sinusitis could be due to the effects of wheat and gluten. Shortly thereafter the wife went on the Atkins diet (not that she was overweight) and she went three years without a sinus infection. She reported much the same results as the OP – much more energy, clear-headed, etc.

It’s amazing that the American medical establishment eschews diet as a cause of medical problems.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have celiacs disease, I stopped eating wheat for a year...for me that was miserable! Good for you for stopping. Even though my doc said I need to stop.....I can't. Far as GMO food, how the hell do you know if it is or isn't. Buying EVERYTHING you eat from a store and making from scratch is only about half my diet. I remember my wife making everything we ate, that was so much work and expensive.
Yeah I take organ transplant rejection drugs, a shot I give my self twice a month in the stomach (at a grand a shot) anti-anxiety drugs..and more. I still choose that over the special diet that your doing!
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

Sorry OP to get off the gluten topic but...Bowlbyville I used to have one sinus always plugged and didnt know why, I read an article about milk allergies, so I stopped drinking milk and voila my sinus cleared up and could blow a good kleenex full after that

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopefromabove

Some of you may find the documentery "Food Matters" very educational.

It can be watched online and if you are curious just watch the 3 min trailer. It has motivated me to increase my diet of raw foods and the odd vitamin.

I promise you will enjoy it and learn something, and it may be a film that saves your life.

I have recommended it to all my friends and family.

just google "Food Matters"(i have no affiliation with these guys)

You are what you eat!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
I thought wheat was a good thing.

Maybe I should just start eating rocks.

lMAO! It really does come down to, if you research it enough....you'll find EVERYTHING is bad for us.
P.s. Make sure those rocks you eat aren't too high quarts, I read that is bad for you!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My wife (God bless her) found ways to make about everything. She was actully hired be a place called supper solution to sell her creations there. The twinkles were really good. The bread was okay, but about 100 times better than any other g.f. bread I ever found/tried. If anyone wants recipes, I'll share them, warning! they can get expensive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join