It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheat, Gluten, GMO Free 60 Days - I'm a New Person

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This DR has a radio show and has been telling people this for long time. I have his book Empowering you Health. I am going to do this!!www.drasa.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I want to begin by thanking the OP, you have no Idea how badly I needed to see and read your post! People like yourself bring LIGHT into a very dark world! Often when we engage in these battles, we find our selves lost in Darkness unable to see. We begin to feel like we are the only ones on the Quest! Reading your post made me wish I could take all the flags I've ever given and apply them to this post! Its were everyone should begin their Quest for Enlightenment. The Body is a Temple keep it CLEAN!
edit on 11/17/2010 by XcLuciFer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Very good thread OP!

I never paid much attention to nutritional labels before and recently started over this past year and have been simply amazed. Just take a look at the label of brown rice and white rice, etc. I've really become a label watcher these days. The wife and I have also gone away from packaged cereals and have a bowl of quinoa in the morning, which is a great alternative to wheat products and is gluten free. Another item we have added to our diet is rosehips, heck they grow everywhere and are free if your willing to spend the time to pick them.

Quinoa:
nutritiondata.self.com...
Rosehips:
nutritiondata.self.com...

There are many things a person can change and these are just 2 items that we have noticed that make a big difference. Also rosehips can repair cartilage and joint damage and my wife has noticed a significant difference with her arthritis.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for there input on this thread.

Quest what I neglected to mention was any aches or joint pains I used to experience have been greatly reduced too. I would wager it about 75%

Also I used to have dark circles under my eyes that are almost gone now.

Originally posted by quest4info

There are many things a person can change and these are just 2 items that we have noticed that make a big difference. Also rosehips can repair cartilage and joint damage and my wife has noticed a significant difference with her arthritis.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have been Gluten Free for 11 Months now. Best part is that I can crap normally again.

Todays Menu for me was:

Breakfast - Bowl of fresh fruit and cup of tea - used to be a donut and coffee
Lunch - Sushi and Gluten Free pretzels and an orange - use to be subway sandwich
Dinner - Tonight we are having Gluten Free pasta with chicken - use to be Regular pasta and chicken

Hardest Part is going out to eat. Some places, like Olive Garden, actually have a Gluten free menu.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Kudos to you and your change. I recently underwent a similar change, by cutting out all GMO foods, eliminating bleached items (flour, white rice, etc.) I also cut out coffee and take Omega-3, Vit D3, psyllium and reservatrol. I started going back to the gym, as well. That was a year ago. I'm down 20 lbs, have a ton of energy, sleep better, and have a better feeling overall.

Congrats and keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To funny, I agree no more funny faces during the morning visit!!!

Originally posted by SirScorn
I have been Gluten Free for 11 Months now. Best part is that I can crap normally again.

Todays Menu for me was:

Breakfast - Bowl of fresh fruit and cup of tea - used to be a donut and coffee
Lunch - Sushi and Gluten Free pretzels and an orange - use to be subway sandwich
Dinner - Tonight we are having Gluten Free pasta with chicken - use to be Regular pasta and chicken

Hardest Part is going out to eat. Some places, like Olive Garden, actually have a Gluten free menu.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great post i'll have to try that because i've been experiencing the same thing for years now. I wake up in the morning it's hard, even if i have slept 10-12 hours i still feel tired. About 2-3 hours after i woke up i feel sleepy again, generally when i'm at home (off days) i go to bed and sleep for an hour or two. I drink on average 5 cup of coffee a day, it help me go through my day. I went to doctor a few years back to have blood check to see if something was wrong, that lack of energy is not normal but they found nothing. I just resigned myself to live in that state. But this post might be the answer to my lack of energy, i'll definitevely try that. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

A typical day would always start out as OMG it’s time to get up again. Typical morning lag/fogginess until I had a shower and my second espresso. About 11am I would need another shot of espresso, to keep the wheels turning, then again at 3pm, and finally 6 pm before my workout. Yep, 5 to 6 shots a day. During the course of the day I would get that heavy headed feeling, whole body felt like heavy weight. Forgetfulness often consumed me, irritability, insecurities came out of nowhere, stupid little things would set me off and small issue seemed rather large at times.

I know you've concluded otherwise, but:
That's exactly the way caffeine makes me feel. That's why I only drink decaffeinated now. Multiple studies have been published finding that caffeine doesn't even really help most people who aren't used to it or another stimulant like nicotine. In other words, it's really a withdrawal effect that's being countered, a withdrawal effect that can take days or weeks to fully resolve.

I get decaffeinated coffee at starbucks quite frequently. I have forgotten at times to ask for decaf in my venti lattes, which have, I believe, three shots of espresso. If I drink one with the caffeine, it doesn't give me a pick me up. And hours later I'll feel vaguely ill and unusually tired.

Caffeinated coffee also acts as a diuretic, pulling water out of the body. It also stimulates cortisol release, which may lead to less than optimal patterns in adrenal function. It also constricts blood vessels. And its long half life can cause it to interfere with circadian rhythm, which in and of itself can make a person feel vaguely systemically ill with brain fog. And problems with circadian rhythm can take up to two weeks to fully correct in some cases.

So, I have nothing good to say about large amounts of caffeine. There are studies which note potential benefit of caffeine in small quantities that one might get from eating some chocolate or drinking tea.

I do know that millions of people go to bed and get up at a different time each day. There's a reason why businessmen flying from coast to coast complain about "jet lag." That few hours difference makes them feel foggy mentally and physically. However, millions of people in the U.S. actually do this to themselves every week by either going to bed or getting up at different times throughout the week, and then complain about not feeling very good, and don't understand why.
edit on 17-11-2010 by IamCorrect because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That is exactly how I used to feel, granted a good nights rest is important.

Very good point I forgot to mention, even with lots of sleep I would feel extremely tired within a few hours.

I even sleep really good now too.

Originally posted by Kaynos
Great post i'll have to try that because i've been experiencing the same thing for years now. I wake up in the morning it's hard, even if i have slept 10-12 hours i still feel tired. About 2-3 hours after i woke up i feel sleepy again, generally when i'm at home (off days) i go to bed and sleep for an hour or two. I drink on average 5 cup of coffee a day, it help me go through my day. I went to doctor a few years back to have blood check to see if something was wrong, that lack of energy is not normal but they found nothing. I just resigned myself to live in that state. But this post might be the answer to my lack of energy, i'll definitevely try that. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dealt with (and am still dealing with) many problems due to GMO foods and what they do to the gut.

Did you know that heart burn isn't because of too much acid? It's because you have too little and the flap to your esophagus doesn't close... similar to how a toilet bowl stops filling after the water gets to a certain level in the tank. Instead of taking Rolaids and Tums and Prilosec and Zantac.... try taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar! Don't believe me, just try it the next time you have heart burn and you can U2U me with your thank yous. It's a problem of not enough acid, not a problem of too much, but this is completely contrary to what they have been taught and want you to believe. GERD as it's known, is reflux due to the flap sticking. Investigate why that happens a bit more and you'll see that it's because there is not enough hydrochloric acid in your stomach to interact properly with the foods and so your stomach thinks you are still eating and leaves the flap open. This allows acid to creep up into the esophagus creating the feeling of indigestion and heart burn. TRY THE VINEGAR NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS and you will have relief within minutes. Then, look at ways to increase your acid levels by eating certain types of foods.

GMO foods cause this problem. They specifically reduce the enzymes and acids needed to break down foods. Most processed foods lack the natural enzymes that are included in fresh foods, and these natural enzymes "pre-digest" your foods so that it requires less of those special enzymes from your gut. They are not simple for your body to produce and require many things, but mostly proteins (which most people don't get enough of as it is). This is why foods that grow naturally already have what your body needs to break them down, and yet, when processed, these are mostly removed. You ask why the GMO/Big Corp. Food companies would do this to our foods? Well, this is a conspiracy site... it's because the same people who sit at the top of the GMO/Big Agri companies, ALSO sit on top of the big PHARMA companies. They know as you consume the foods (which the human body can't naturally break down the same way as natural, organic foods), you'll end up also consuming all of their products and pharmaceuticals. (such as Rolaids, Prilosec, Zantac, etc.) They get you coming and going.

I suffered from a whole range of diseases and ailments until very recently, where now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The long term damage from eating "cheaper" is unreal, but I'm finally in the healing stages. And contrary to what they would have you think, you can find organic foods just about everywhere, even in the city, and it won't cost you that much more than what you spend on garbage.

I'll say this... if you have grandparents still alive, ask them how they ate when they were kids and that is how you should be eating. Buy FRESH vegetables and fruits (always try to get organic first but even non-organic is better than canned or frozen), free range meats, and COOK your own food! I can't stress the importance of this... use all fresh organic ingredients and cook every one of your meals. Most people are just lazy and don't want to take the time to do this, but I can tell you first hand... diseases that are considered incurable have more to do with what you're giving your body to work with than anything else.

Garbage in = garbage out.

I suffered with HORRIBLE eczema for most of my life... was told by at least a dozen doctors that I would never get rid of it and that it was "incurable". I'm happy to say, that is not true. With the right change in diet, the proper BALANCED intake of the right nutrients (ignore the food pyramid, it's total BS!), I have gotten rid of eczema (for now) and many other problems that I was dealing with. It took a little help from a GOOD naturopedic doctor, but I'm miles apart from where I was just a few years ago. I don't take any meds anymore for anything, where I was convinced at one point that I had to take 8-9 different ones 3-4 times a day... and all they did was make me worse, not better. And it all started with problems in my gut.

Your gut is your second immune system... if it doesn't function properly, NOTHING you eat will do you any good unless it's fed through an IV... this is what gluten and GMO foods do to your innards. This is how they keep the doctor's offices packed and the sheeple begging for more pharma. Get your gut in check by eating probiotic foods, like yogurt. Make sure you take in enough calcium and magnesium (this isn't just for old people) and get plenty of B vitamins every single day. These are just some things that help a lot of people, but there are plenty more and this is a growing trend.

Our ancestors didn't evolve eating the crap we have today, so why should we expect our bodies to suddenly adapt or evolve in a couple of generations? This is the ultimate ignorance on behalf of people! Eat as close to how your ancestors did (within reason) and you'll be amazed at how efficiently your body runs.

Once you get healthy, it is an addiction in itself to push yourself to become even more healthy. Put companies like Monsanto and Dow out of business by NOT consuming their products anymore. How many CEO's of these companies would consume any of their own products? I'd pay to see it.

Good post OP and S&F for you!

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Excellent. My son has autism, so I reluctantly tried him on a gluten free diet 4 years ago. (I thought it was bunk and face it, it's a lot of work) Dang it, cutting out gluten makes a HUGE difference. Many autistic kids go on casein (dairy) free as well, but my son doesn't like milk, cheese, yogurt, so we don't worry about it.

As far as being a "subjective" judgment, I understand the reasoning. I'm the parent, I wanted it to work, I'm biased. We tested the diet by sending son to school on three separate days where he had gotten into gluten and we didn't tell the school. Each of the three days we got a call from school saying son couldn't mainstream that day due to his excessive autistic behaviors. Pretty much a blind confirmation as far as I'm concerned. It affected my son so badly that HE now checks ingredient labels before asking for something and won't take food from someone without asking if it's gluten-free. Must have been a pretty awful feeling for him to do that.

Hubby has Crohn's and I'm obese/depressed - I'm starting to cut out gluten & GMOs from our diet as well as removing HFCS for the whole family. Not easy, but easier than it's been now that regular grocery stores are starting to carry GF products. (BTW, Foods by George has the BEST GF pizza ever made!) Rice Chex just came out with 6 different flavors of GF Chex cereal including honey nut, cinnamon, chocolate, strawberry, rice and corn chex.

Dinners this week have consisted of:
Pot roast with potatoes & carrots
Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Gravy made with 2 c broth from chicken + 2tblsp rice flour
Meatloaf patties (ground beef, egg, seasonings, cooked rice, tomato sauce) and corn on the cob.

BTW, watch the meat you're buying - some are injected with chicken or beef broth with gluten. Oats can also be problematic since they are often cross contaminated by wheat. Be sure to purchase certified GF oats/oatmeal. I had a children's hospital in the area determine that oats were GF, so they gave my son Captain Crunch cereal. 2 hours later he was standing in bed, trying to rip his IV out and screaming the nurses were trying to kill him! GF my butt!

I found it was easiest to go GF for dinner first, since this was often just trading out a gluten carb for potatoes or rice. Breakfast was next - eggs, GF waffles or french toast sticks, GF oatmeal. Lunch was the hardest because son had to pack a lunch and needed something that could be eaten cold.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

There was a time I thought it was the caffeine, so I cut it completely out, but even after a couple of months I was still having symptoms, now I just didn't have something to keep me going through the day.

I still drink espresso, hasn't seemed to effect me, but I have decreased the amount I drink. I like the taste of coffee and don't not use it for a crutch now.

If it starts to become an issue, that will go too.

I believe each individual person is different, but I still think that many may be allergic to wheat/glutens, and most definitely GMO's.

Another thing I addressed many years ago was High Fructose corn syrup intake, and/or drinking soda's of any kind. I think these contribute to many ailments and obesity.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Instead of taking Rolaids and Tums and Prilosec and Zantac.... try taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar! Don't believe me, just try it the next time you have heart burn and you can U2U me with your thank yous.

How bad does apple cider vinegar taste? Docs want my son to take Zantac due to what they believe to be acid reflux. Does it work if it's mixed in with a glass of water or juice? I'd like to try something natural before the meds.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I take OAC too. You also want to make sure it is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar because some of them have preservatives in them.

Couple of tablespoons in 8 ounces of distilled or spring water.

Do not take it by itself, it will remove the enamel from your teeth, because it is an acid.

Originally posted by Mountainmeg

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Instead of taking Rolaids and Tums and Prilosec and Zantac.... try taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar! Don't believe me, just try it the next time you have heart burn and you can U2U me with your thank yous.

How bad does apple cider vinegar taste? Docs want my son to take Zantac due to what they believe to be acid reflux. Does it work if it's mixed in with a glass of water or juice? I'd like to try something natural before the meds.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I WANT!!

I've been stuck eating no wheat, gluten, sugar for the past 7 months. It wasn't my choice. I have Sjogrens and which is an autoimmune disease and is triggered by sugar or wheat. The cravings for those things are beyond belief. Sometimes they are so bad I want to crawl out of my body. I've lost over 60 pounds and am now underweight.

I WANT SOME FREAK'N SPAGHETTI and GARLIC BREAD!!

I don't think the human body was made to go without bread.
I hate this. I really do.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Quest what I neglected to mention was any aches or joint pains I used to experience have been greatly reduced too. I would wager it about 75%

get bloodwork done for autoimmune diseases. seriously. The flairs for them are triggered by wheat and sugar. Have a complete AI blood panel done .... RA, Sjogrens, Lupus, etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

As far as my body is concerned you are so right about caffeine. I can handle one cup of coffee (and the weak, instant kind) but more than that and i feel terrible. I get the shakes and my heart flutters too. Me and caffeine don't get on at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you for posting this! I only skimmed the three pages (after reading the initial post) and just wanted to add to the praise of this type of lifestyle. ...two years ago I too suffered from an incredible rash that just took over about 1/3 of my body, it was awful. I literally didn't leave the house for a month and during that month I ate almost exclusively raw spinach on oatbran wraps with sea salt and apple cider vinegar, green tea, tons of water and an occasional cracker or salad. I was so miserable I slept probably 15 hours a day so it was easy to eat this sparse variety of food plus I really didn't care to eat. ...I took some supplements too. After what was basically a month long cleansing period I felt better than I have felt in years. I even bumped into someone I hadn't seen in months (who had no idea of what I had just battled) and she just kept complimenting me on how great and healthy I looked. So glad I educated myself and didn't take the typical prescribed battery of cortisone and drugs. S&F

....and a reminder that the vote on S-510 is today.....call your senators if you feel strongly about this.

peace,
gtbH

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I WANT!!

I've been stuck eating no wheat, gluten, sugar for the past 7 months. It wasn't my choice. I have Sjogrens and which is an autoimmune disease and is triggered by sugar or wheat. The cravings for those things are beyond belief. Sometimes they are so bad I want to crawl out of my body. I've lost over 60 pounds and am now underweight.

I WANT SOME FREAK'N SPAGHETTI and GARLIC BREAD!!

I don't think the human body was made to go without bread.
I hate this. I really do.

Maybe you could tolerate sprout bread? It isn't fresh Italian for sure but it's tasty and you get used to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join