It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 50 Best Inventions of 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I read TIME magazine today and found an amazing article about how quickly our world is progressing. I'm willing to bet that many ATS'ers have seen the popular video series "Did You Know?" or at least one part of it.

This series details that in the upcoming years our world will advance phenomenally in many areas, especially in technology, ever since the inception of the personal computer. You will find that technologies which average populations or mainstream citizens have access to are very limited when compared to military capabilities and shadow organizations who have had these technologies for decades (when people called them "magical"). Magic indeed.

The 50 Best Inventions of 2010

Well anyways, this TIME issue gives us a glimpse into the tech that most people don't know about which has come out this year. Many of these inventions will be available by the end of next year. Only a few of these inventions have due dates beyond 2011, which will come in 2012, but even they have already been made. It is just a question of mainstream acceptance and mass production.

Inventions of futuristic science fiction literature such as spray-on clothing, Buck Rogers jet packs, real Iron Man suits, replaceable organs, and cars that combine with other cars like Transformers are items that you may see in the next few years. Of course, only the wealthy we be able to "rape" the benefits of many of these inventions but some of them, such as the "Super Super Soaker" are only about $58 per unit.

I highly recommend that you read this entire article, inventions 1-50, and see how quickly we are really advancing. Reality TV is not a proper display of how "quickly" our society is progressing.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I recall some of these, but I've never heard of many of the inventions here.

Wow, it's amazing what has been accomplished! I wonder how many years of research and development went into each one, though? Surely one cannot create something as intricate as many of the things on this list in simply one year...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am sure everything you can imagine has already been invented, but the world needs to be practical. That why we do not have flying cars, or jetpacks to fly around with yet. People always forget this when judging the future, techs need to have a real world place and they need to be practical.

Like i say i think behind the scenes everything you can imagine has already been made or invented. Its just that the world cannot be run like that.

Nice vid, who knows what tomorrow will bring ehhh.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
Well anyways, this TIME issue gives us a glimpse into the tech that most people don't know about which has come out this year. Many of these inventions will be available by the end of next year. Only a few of these inventions have due dates beyond 2011, which will come in 2012, but even they have already been made. It is just a question of mainstream acceptance and mass production.
So they promised us flying cars in the 1939 world's fair, have done so every decade, and still are talking about it? Don't you get a little skeptical after 7 decades of broken promises? (1939 was before my time but my grandfather told me about it).

Some of these are jokes or statements like the plastic fur coat, (nobody could be serious about that thing) and the plastic water bottle boat.

I also don't know how good an idea it is to try to replace natural mosquitoes with genetically engineered mosquitos? I know they are trying to make "better" mosquitoes but what if the genetically engineered ones turn out to have unforeseen consequences only after they are unstoppable like the africanized honeybee strains invading now? The laser mosquito zapper sounds less like "playing God" but I'll believe it when I see it, it's possible but keeping it working may be harder than the inventor thinks.

The one that looks the most interesting to me is the solar-powered car due in 2012, that's supposed to be "super cheap" unlike the somewhat pricey options available to date. I can't wait to see if they deliver on that one, we need to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

True, some of these inventions aren't as "revolutionary" as the others, but they had to incorporate some of the other areas of human interest. I do like the fact that many of the inventions in this article have already been made and tested, which gives me a little more hope. And yes, I have no doubt that TPTB have created things which would be beyond most people's wildest imaginations.

Personally, I thought the Google-car was pretty cool. A car that drives itself is like a dream come true for alcoholics and drug users. That would make marijuana decriminalization sound all the more appealing. No more crashing.

new topics

top topics

join