It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 x 5 Pointed Stars over Regents Park London (Google Maps)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Heres the same two areas from Bing maps for comparison

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a9ec8aa1775.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea12c251902d.jpg[/atsimg]

It's only a few miles from my home, but I've never hovered a mile above it so I can't say I have noticed the stars before
edit on 16-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

The first picture to me looks the same, just more of a close up. With the second picture, I know there has always been a "pentagram" shape of paths, but perhaps the bottom right path is new. This would explain any confusion on google maps then, google maps don't and can't renew all of their images instantly, most of their satellite maps are years old. This doesn't mean it can't update the paths it shows.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation perhaps now we can all get back on topic and shed some light on why there are two stars over Regents Park.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Because the designer decided to make the footpaths that way.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Not every case of a star means satanism.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Not every case of a star means satanism.

And not every case of a star does not mean it...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Oh hang on let me stop right there seeing as i'm a troll and paranoid....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Well, I would suggest you find out who designed the footpaths.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok, after a bit of googling, someone on another forum suggested the shape of the "pentagram" has come about by the location of the entrances to that bit of green and the paths they traverse to get to other parts. Might explain the uneveness of the pentagram?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
what a waste of time as already stated designed by john nash in 1880 take the matter up with him

turns out to be a google glitch/christian fundamentalst conspiricy

good night

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Are those the original foothpaths? If so, this topic is concluded. Unless of course, John Nash worshipped Satan

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Some ppl dont know how to swallow their pride and apologise for being completly out of order!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know if those are original footpaths, but if they aren't I don't see why they couldn't occur by people all taking the same trajectory across the park, and eventually creating a footpath themselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I realise that I have been rude to you, and regreted it after first calling you paranoid. But this topic has really irritated me, only because I know that these paths exist, having been in the park, seen the actual map, and been on the paths. The only addition is the bottom right path, and there's no reason why this should be a conspiracry. If you look at a map without the google paths you can still see an indentation of where people walk, making this a path!

The only thing I'm going to apologise for is calling you paranoid, and a troll (but I sincerely felt you were making fun of everyone!). I won't take back what I've said in this thread though. These are real paths!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
case closed?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

I'm guessing that the bottom path is a "desire line".

No other reason for me mentioning it other then it's cool sounding name

desire line

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I would agree. That part of the path does look different, but probably for the very reason you state.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant

I realise that I have been rude to you, and regreted it after first calling you paranoid. But this topic has really irritated me, only because I know that these paths exist, having been in the park, seen the actual map, and been on the paths. The only addition is the bottom right path, and there's no reason why this should be a conspiracry. If you look at a map without the google paths you can still see an indentation of where people walk, making this a path!

The only thing I'm going to apologise for is calling you paranoid, and a troll (but I sincerely felt you were making fun of everyone!). I won't take back what I've said in this thread though. These are real paths!

I accept your apology and for the record my argument was never with individuals but only subject matter.
To personalise an argument in my honest opinion is to provoke a heated reaction. Besides you were not the only person to do this but i respect you for standing up and being a man about things.

Regarding the nature of the post it is now obvious as originally expected that there was something amiss regarding what i was seeing and i came here seeking answers but instead was unexpecetdly trashed and belittled and all for having a genuine opinion on something that appeared strange to me.

In any case i have put the matter to rest and will let it stand as it is for now.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by monkey_descendant

I'm guessing that the bottom path is a "desire line".

No other reason for me mentioning it other then it's cool sounding name

desire line

Indeed and i spotted the desire lines when i was looking closely at the map. The question is why did Google feel the need to draw in the remaining lines to complete the star and not just leave it be?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

From your video, I'm not so sure they did draw them in. It looks like the map is just bad quality and the images show up and disappear.
edit on 16-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join