It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 x 5 Pointed Stars over Regents Park London (Google Maps)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by nakiannunaki

what anomaly?

look for the stars on Google Maps and zoom into the lines and see that the cross through a number of football pitches.

How can you have paths cutting through a number of football pitches that are used to play football on.
Maybe it's just me but you don't normally have footpaths running through football pitches.

Also on the smaller star if you zoom in once more you will see the "paths" laid directly over groups of trees.

Either the football pitches and trees are not there or the lines have been drawn in and are not actually there.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Could it be that there are several pitches, within those lines?

ETA: There are 40 football pitches in the park. I don't think that map shows one giant pitch.
www.royalparks.org.uk...
edit on 16-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Could it be that there are several pitches, within those lines?

Absoloutly not. I have looked good and hard and unless i am insane, something does not add up.

The more i look the more i am convinced these lines (footpaths) that make up the stars are not actually there!!
edit on 16-11-2010 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is a very paranoid post. These paths exist, I have walked down them. They are on the map of the park posted in the park itself, and the trees you are seeing "on" the paths are shadows of the trees growing next to the path!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I added a link to my previous post. There are 40 pitches in the park. I think each of those "star sections" contains a pitch.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
This is a very paranoid post. These paths exist, I have walked down them. They are on the map of the park posted in the park itself, and the trees you are seeing "on" the paths are shadows of the trees growing next to the path!

I don't think i am paranoid in the slightest. My eyes see what they see and what they see are clear contradictions.
But if you want to make assumptions then be my guest.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I added a link to my previous post. There are 40 pitches in the park. I think each of those "star sections" contains a pitch.

Some of the star sections run through pitches also??

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

the football pitches are not permenant fixtures they are only used in the winter and are not set up and marked permenantly so in effect when there ino match/training going on they dont really exist so can be used for running on

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have not been there, but the poster above you has confirmed that those paths are real. Now we need to ask the poster about the football pitches.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

the football pitches are not permenant fixtures they are only used in the winter and are not set up and marked permenantly so in effect when there ino match/training going on they dont really exist so can be used for running on

Not buying it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Originally posted by monkey_descendant

I don't think i am paranoid in the slightest. My eyes see what they see and what they see are clear contradictions.
But if you want to make assumptions then be my guest.

The trees you see on the paths are shadows of the trees on the path. So what if they run through football pitches? These aren't "official" football pitches, people just run around on them. What exactly is the problem? In anycase, as someone else mentioned, the park is HUGE, so the paths wouldn't stop any sort of game "playing", and you don't get more than maybe two groups playing football at a time, and if you do they are pretty spread out.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well if you won't believe someone who has been there, the only thing left for you to do is go there yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

what wont you buy? in the uk we have ameteur football pitches that are effectivley fields most of the time on match day saturday or sunday the team turns up with their own goals corner cones etc and create a temporary pitch for the afternoon and then dismantle it after the game
ive been involved in junior football for 10 years
edit on 16-11-2010 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here is a map showing the pitches. As you can see there are no paths running through the pitches, the pitches are within the paths. You do realise the maps are showing a very large area, that not each part of the park is just one pitch? It takes like 20 minutes to walk through the park.

www.royalparks.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If you bother to check on Google Maps for yourselves you will see that these so called paths are not actually real.
They may exists yes but on Google Maps they have been drawn in and this is the point i have been trying to make.

If you look close enough at the paths on Google Maps you will notice that you can see straight through them. They are not actual concrete paths but shaded lines that have been drawn in to look like paths. The close you zoom in the easier you can see for yourself that you are able to "see through" these so called paths.

Now explain how it is possible to see objects through a concrete path??

I am not saying the stars do not exists in reality (even though i am still curious as to why they do, but lets leave that for now). What i am saying is Google Maps is showing an anomaly.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
like i said some of these lines are running routes they dont have to be physical paths

i think we have come to the end
edit on 16-11-2010 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

i think we have come to the end

Speak for yourself. I still seek answers of which none have been provided sufficiently

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
If you bother to check on Google Maps for yourselves you will see that these so called paths are not actually real.
They may exists yes but on Google Maps they have been drawn in and this is the point i have been trying to make.

If you look close enough at the paths on Google Maps you will notice that you can see straight through them. They are not actual concrete paths but shaded lines that have been drawn in to look like paths. The close you zoom in the easier you can see for yourself that you are able to "see through" these so called paths.

Now explain how it is possible to see objects through a concrete path??

I am not saying the stars do not exists in reality (even though i am still curious as to why they do, but lets leave that for now). What i am saying is Google Maps is showing an anomaly.

I don't see what you're seeing on google maps, I see paths. And I have been to this park a lot, and I have seen the official park maps which have this "star" on them, and if you look at this: www.royalparks.org.uk... they are marked there again for you to see.

Just as a side note as well, there are a lot of public rights of way in the UK. These are paths which may just be mud paths, trodden down by people, they have no concrete, but these are legal paths, and no one can block them.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
just been on google maps earth you can see they are actual paths with people walking on them you can also see the white markings of the football pitches beside them were is the anomaly?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The exact same stars are on the map on the park website.
www.royalparks.org.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join