It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diversion Tactics in the Main Stream Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
On a day that the Dow Jones drops over 200 points (and still dropping as of 9:45 am PDT), and when one of the longest serving members of Congress is found guilty on multiple ethics counts, what are the biggest stories on the news?

Prince William's engagement and The Beatles being released on iTunes, both of which were expected for some time.

The ethic panel against Charlie Rangel has railroaded him, and the DOW is supposedly reacting to economic news from Europe and China, but RARELY reacts to economic news from the USA. Last month, on the day they announced foreclosures were rapidly increasing in USA, the DOW climbed over 50 points.

Sheeple, you HAVE to get an interest in the Markets and Politics. You've been groomed to think that finance is complicated and politics is boring, specifically because the bankers and politicians would prefer that you ignore them completely and let them go about their daily business.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Thanks for the post. I agree most people are susceptible to having their attention diverted. I have been following the marking movings today with quiet anticipation. I understand the hardship that might be felt when the market finally crashes... but I think the whole system is broken and think a nice healthy market crash might move us in the right direction towards clearing things out.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Agreed.

I am in the UK. I just watched Five News and we had twenty minutes of William and Kate's wedding and then four minutes of other news as some sort of afterthought.

Yeah a royal wedding, great, but we don't need to keep hearing about it over and over and over again. We get the *beeping* point.
edit on 16/11/10 by Kram09 because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Agreed and when you do take an interest all you get presented to you is a slanted and manipulated version of events.

Media Manipulation - You can't win!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It is so unfortunate that probably about 99 percent of the population have absolutely no clue as to what is going on in the world.

In the movie Animal House, there's a line that goes something to the effect "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

So many people thought that was funny.

Sad thing is that it is a very accurate description of humanity in general.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Diversion Tactics is only part of the problem.
Another part of the problem is the truth.

Two Fox news reporters,Steve Wilson and Jane Akre sued Fox news over a news story.
Fox managers and their lawyers ordered them to
distort, twist, and slant a story and threatened them with immediate dismissal if they
would not broadcast material they knew to be false and misleading.

The Court in essence said technically it is not
against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news
on a television broadcast.

www.purefood.org...

Basiclly the courts ruling is, any and all news sources can lie to the public , because there is no law,rule or regulation that says they can't.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Turn off the TV.
Question everything and everyone.
Posting any content here at ats will give a wider perspective if you have doubts on accuracy of content.
Diversion tactics have been played for a long long time and wont stop any time soon.

new topics

top topics

join