It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with Israel and the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I will admit complete and utter ignorance on this subject. I have asked many people in the past and apparently not understood the answers given. I am not anti Jew, anti Israel, or anti Muslim. I don't consider myself informed enough to make any decision on any side I should pick. But My question is simply,
Why is the US so hell bent on being friendly with Israel? We are very picky about our friends. We make sure they have stuff we want usually. Like Saudi Arabia. they have lots of Oil. good friends to have if you need oil. We aren't friendly with communist countries. We do like democracies. I get that. But what special significance does Israel hold that we will go to such lengths to be buddies? Is it the religious ties? I don't see our leaders being overly worried about Jesus's old house or anything being as they have a hard time following the 10 rules God suggested we follow. So do they have a but load of oil? Please teach me the truth. And for the love of God, please leave your hate posts out of this. I don't care who you hate or why, I just want to learn something here.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't see the US as being friendly with Israel. I see the US waiting for the right moment for us to turn its back on them. They (we) don't want an all out war quite yet, because it will be a biggie!
edit on 11/16/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
maybe cause isreal is the homeland of some of the richest and powerfull US citizen?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

really? it seems to me that the US has been overly eager to keep Israel close.
I am talking over the last 40 years too. Not just recently

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

that could be, but to me that doesn't seem like a reason to endanger relations with other countries over. (again, I am talking about a long time tradition, not just the last year.)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think the next quote is appropriate, though I won't tell you the movie its from:

"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies...closer"

also

Nobody is paying any attention to what the left hand is doing.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Many reasons. but maybe better for you to look at some facts first, then determine for yourself. here is some reading for you.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
doesnt it have to do with christianity, judaism, and zionism? i thought because when the jews messiah coomes, the christians feel its their messiah..? idk honestly... it herrendous

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think israel is a state of america, and the anglo american empire runs it. Therefore it is that which is causing the gaza people to suffer. It shows teh real evil that runs society.

Just like how the english played a massive part in the irish famine, being the biggest empire in the world, and letting irish starve virtually. No one ever questions that do they? Imagine that england was the biggest empire on earth and next door the irish where dying.

Just shows you the peopel running the show.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Follow the money

Second line.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Israel has their hand planted firmly up the proverbial ass of the United States government.

Israel is a criminal nation, and deserves to be punished accordingly.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I get the fact that it appears Israel is a puppet master to the US. I get that we have done some shifty things with them. What I am looking for here is the real reasons we are so close. As I stated, I don't think it's solely because of religious ideals, nor do I think we have a lot of wealthy Jews in the US who like their homeland. I know there has to be a good reason. A publicly acceptable reason. If not, how is it that nobody ever questions this?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
maybe cause isreal is the homeland of some of the richest and powerfull US citizen?

.....and lobbyists, and they control the media and the banks and the government?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I get the fact that it appears Israel is a puppet master to the US. I get that we have done some shifty things with them. What I am looking for here is the real reasons we are so close. As I stated, I don't think it's solely because of religious ideals, nor do I think we have a lot of wealthy Jews in the US who like their homeland. I know there has to be a good reason. A publicly acceptable reason. If not, how is it that nobody ever questions this?

Honestly, if you want to understand this you need to do your research. Check out Zionists and their control of the US Government - check out who owns the big banks - check out who controls the majority of major corporations, check out the Trilateral Commission and the Council of Foreign Relations.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I really am with you on all that. But my point is if our only reason to be tied to Israel is because they have monetary control over our system of government and by money brings power, I would have to say that the american, and world population would have asked a few more questions by now. I am a member of this conspiracy site. I have researched this and other topics for years. The problem with being a conspiracy nut, is you loose touch with how the rest of the world thinks. I look at stuff and immediately look for the other layers. I really want to know the fuzzy warm answer to this question. Why do we like them so much? What is it that normal everyday people who believe their government would not lie to them think? There has to be a media acceptable answer to this question. That is the one I want.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

my point is if our only reason to be tied to Israel is because they have monetary control over our system of government and by money brings power, I would have to say that the american, and world population would have asked a few more questions by now. I am a member of this conspiracy site. I have researched this and other topics for years. The problem with being a conspiracy nut, is you loose touch with how the rest of the world thinks. I look at stuff and immediately look for the other layers. I really want to know the fuzzy warm answer to this question. Why do we like them so much?

Network, some of the answer to the question is right in your own backyard. And this time, I'm not talking about Freemasonry!

The fact that you're from the South means that you should be very familiar with the popular brand of christianity most of your neighbors subscribe to. Of course, it's not just in the South, but everywhere more or less "conservative" christian views are held, the "myth of the Chosen" plays a prominent role in their beliefs.

Perhaps you go to a church, so this will ring true. The various popular christian theologies today have a lot invested in the State of Israel. Scriptures seem to indicate that there is a "chosen" people. Further, they are supposed to be given back their homeland before the end of time. Etc. The very popular LaHaye books seem to keep the thing alive.

Some may not even know it, but most of these "christian zionist" congregations regularly give money to help support Israel. Could be your church too? Put a dollar in the basket, and a dime heads over to Israel?

Of course, there are lots of people who do not believe in this "chosen" nonsense, and feel that the American christians have been duped. Either way, this goes a long ways to explaining why Americans "like them so much". It's basically part of their belief system. Another way to put it is that "helping Jews", is like helping the Chosen, which is basically helping God! Silly? Yeah, but it helps to explain a lot.

Until "christians" get back to their roots, and throw off this relatively recent idea that the people calling themselves Jews today are somehow the "chosen" spoken of in their Bibles, they are likely to continue being part of the problem, not the solution.

Of course, if American christian zionists ever figure out that they've been duped, then support for Israel could face some serious challenges, regardless of their massive Jewish lobby.

JR

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

That is the first thought I had, and it kind of makes sense. But when you factor in our government, the whole argument falls to pieces. They don't worship the same God we do, theirs is Green and has dead presidents on it. Those people would sell their souls for just a little more power and money. If God's word and the chosen land was important at all, I would think our leaders would take a bit more of a Christian approach to diplomacy. Of course, perhaps they have and just got stuck in the inquisition since it sounded like so much fun.

I have a wacked out theory that Israel holds some geographical significance for other reasons that have yet to be told. I don't know if it's huge gold deposits, or uranium, or something else, but we have got our nose on something there. (IMHO)

thanks for the reply. no go wash your hands.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ISH-RA-EL (Ancient gods) or Israel will be forever in relations with the U.S. corporation.

You can see the Jewish Star of David on the back of the one dollar bill above the eagle.

The Central banking family bloodlines mostly come from Israel, especially the Rothschilds.

Israel has a lot of ties with the U.S. and nothing will change between them.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Most people of power and influence in America, such as the rothschild dynastie, support israel and therefore america supports israel, thats all it boils down to. Misplaced loyalities of the leadership of america.

new topics

top topics

join