It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enemy Is Winning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here's an article by Pat Buchanan (who I voted for in the '96 Republican presidential primaries) calling it like it is. His analysis has been excellent and dead on the money all the way through this whole Iraq mis-adventure.

Buchanan seems to be one of the only true conservatives out there speaking truth to power and carrying the banner for us Goldwater/Reagan Republicans.

He's right. I only wish Bush would pay attention to him.

Three Steps to Sanity

by Patrick J. Buchanan
June 28, the day in 2004 that the Americans transferred sovereignty to Iraqis and proconsul Paul Bremer hastily departed Baghdad, is a day freighted with historic significance.

On June 28, 1914, 90 years before, Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip fired the shots that killed the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and led, five weeks later, to World War I.

On June 28, 1919, German representatives, their country under an Allied starvation blockade, prostrate before a threat by Marshal Foch to march on Berlin, signed the Versailles treaty that ended World War I, and set the stage for Hitler and World War II. Seen as an Allied triumph in 1919, Versailles proved a disaster.

Thus, it is a good time to attempt to draw up an interim profit-and-loss statement of what President Bush has accomplished in what he calls the "War on Terror." Who is winning this war?

To answer that question, we must first ask and answer
www.antiwar.com...

...Violence as a way of gaining power...is being camouflaged under the guise of tradition, national honor [and] national security...
Alfred Adler

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
For the best arguements for and against this topic, check out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Decide for yourselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.

new topics

join