It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X men wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Rumours of a joint unit formed within Britains Special Forces.Personnel are only taken from serving members of the SAS & SBS.the unit has been called X Squadron Special Air Service.The operational role is believed to react to Terrorist actions anywhere in the world within 12 Hours notice.Squadron strength is believe to be around fifty personnel mostly made up of SBS.The unit is believe to be based in Poole Dorset within SBS HQ.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
and where did you hear this rumor you got any links or another proof that could make it more believable and it might be the US made taskforce 121 the British might have made their own.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No proof or links.The ministry of Defence are not admitting or denying there excistance.One newspaper the Sun
.Ran a few paragraphs.Can`t get the link because you need to pay to enter there archives and i`m a tight Bast**d.The unit is only believe to have started in the last few months and are not to full strength.Have made a few contacts with friends better placed to know more but the lid on there excistance is firmly closed.Probably because of there area of operations may be outside of normal operating procedures and rules of engagement.All current Anti Terrorist operations that have been made conventional eg HRT in aircraft and buildings are already covered.This unit may be used to engage and destroy Terrorist jointly with other agencies from US, Australia Spain in the removal of suspects without the need to bring to trial.if you now what l mean.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'd believe it, with the US having 121 and Red Cell, the Russians having the Spetsnaz, the Brits probably felt a little left out.

Very cool name for the new unit though, love to see what their unit insignia looks like.

There's been a lot of rumors about super-special forces popping up lately. It's a good way to adapt to the threats of the War On Terror. I've also heard that China, Japan, Korea and the EU are working on making cells of people that are built for anti-terror missions.

Sounds like the new fad in the world of black ops

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
At the moment there insignia is rumoured to remain the same for the unit they were originally in this is only speculation.time will tell if the unit is real.Interesting to see what role they will fill as it always been thought that most circumstances were already covered

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Rumours of a joint unit formed within Britains Special Forces.Personnel are only taken from serving members of the SAS & SBS.the unit has been called X Squadron Special Air Service.The operational role is believed to react to Terrorist actions anywhere in the world within 12 Hours notice.Squadron strength is believe to be around fifty personnel mostly made up of SBS.The unit is believe to be based in Poole Dorset within SBS HQ.

Probably wear some gay Yellow and Blue spandex and fly around in a Blackbird.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yeah, the US created TF 121 and Blair got really jealous pacing around his office with his tie wrapped around his head doing kung-fu kicks and throwing cushions like ninja stars trying to figure out a way to catch up with the Americans. So he came up with his own ultra super mega ninja CT Force to stuck one up on the Yanks!

Give me a break. The Brits invented this stuff...

And I'm not even British.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
May l remind all you yanky pandys that the brits invent these type of organisations and you guys follow us.Only differance is you f**k up all your operations.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
hey weirdo lets not start the name calling.........just yet.
the american SF forces are "ok", USMC recon rocks by the way.
this X squadron i think will be good.
you hear what they done to the SBS? they made the squadron open to any 1 not just marines

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I heard the rumours.Problem with the SBS was that they are to small and there operational field has opened up.They have for a few years worked along side Boat trooper from Boat Troop SAS but now need to recruit from other services to fulfil there role.

new topics

top topics

join