It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Whines: American Journalists 'Never Say Thank You'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You know, this guy's handlers should really rein him in to only saying what is on TOTUS. His total idiocy and narcissism keep on showing up in his self indulged bloviances.

Here is the link-Obama Whines: American Journalists 'Never Say Thank You'

Snippet-

President Barack Obama is peeved with the American press. They never say "thank you," he whined to journalists in Japan on Monday.

According to the pool report from the press conference, one reporter said "Thank you, Mr. President." Someone said the reporter was Australian.

"I knew it must have been an Australian because my folks never say thank you," Obama said.

At that, the entire American pool said in unison -- admittedly with a bit of sarcasm -- "Thank you, Mr. President."

PM Gillard could be heard chiming in, "There are a few cheeky Australians here."

At first glance, Obama's comment reeks of arrogance. He seems to think that press access is a privilege, not a right, and that he is under no obligation to even speak to reporters.

Wow, I guess the press now should just shut up and say thank you. For those of you that may have forgotten-

You would THINK they would be saying THANK YOU.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
You know, this guy's handlers should really rein him in to only saying what is on TOTUS. His total idiocy and narcissism keep on showing up in his self indulged bloviances.

Here is the link-Obama Whines: American Journalists 'Never Say Thank You'

Snippet-

President Barack Obama is peeved with the American press. They never say "thank you," he whined to journalists in Japan on Monday.

According to the pool report from the press conference, one reporter said "Thank you, Mr. President." Someone said the reporter was Australian.

"I knew it must have been an Australian because my folks never say thank you," Obama said.

At that, the entire American pool said in unison -- admittedly with a bit of sarcasm -- "Thank you, Mr. President."

PM Gillard could be heard chiming in, "There are a few cheeky Australians here."

At first glance, Obama's comment reeks of arrogance. He seems to think that press access is a privilege, not a right, and that he is under no obligation to even speak to reporters.

Wow, I guess the press now should just shut up and say thank you. For those of you that may have forgotten-

You would THINK they would be saying THANK YOU.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Wow demonize the president for promoting civility.... Obama haterz are really towing the line these days.... whatever happened to slandering the president made you a racist?.... cmon I want to see some racial divide in America.... awesomeness at its finest

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't recall Obama or any other politician, nor the thousands of banksters and other assorted rich folk saying thanks after sucking up a few trillion of our tax dollars for no other reason than to line their pockets either, so I guess we're just about even, eh?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

"I knew it must have been an Australian because my folks never say thank you,"

No you just heard wrong Obama. You're probably not used to the accent. It wasn't "Thank you Mr President"

You mishead for sure and thought they were pronouncing the f the u and the c in that sentence as Than.

It's an easy mistake.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
He knew it was an Australian because the Americans never say thank you to him.

Way to go .. bash the Americans again. He sure gets a kick out of doing that.

Hey Obama .. the American reporters dont' have to say thank you. They are doing their job by reporting and you are doing your job by telling them what the hell you are up to. You aren't some god coming off the mountain top ... some god in which the little people need to be grateful for. You are SUPPOSED to be telling the press what you are doing. It's your stink'n job.

:shk: If he'd ever had a real job before this one, he might understand that. THIS kind of attitude is what we get because an unqualified 'community organizer' got promoted past his ability level.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Promoting civility, THAT is what you call it?

I think you should be THANKING me!

This guy sounds exactly like someone a few years back saying "Let them eat cake." How did that work for that leader?

Oh by the way, show me exactly where race was brought up, OH YEAH, IN YOUR COMMENT.

WOW. Who keeps bringing up race I wonder?

So tell me, do you even know what SLANDER means?

I pointed out something he said. Like I stated, his handlers should rein him in, his TRUE intelligence is showing. LOL.

new topics

top topics

join