It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding: Prince William to Marry Kate Middleton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I was thinking more of the transient royalty we have in out country here. They aren't there long enough to rein in and change their behavior. They just call their second or third cousin to take over.

FWIW- I think the Queen had her best most inspiring hours during WWII.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It was quoted this morning that:Kate Middleton is middle class and not from an "Impoverished working class background "

It's the first time I've heard anybody in the media admit whats happening to the working class in my country.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by true-life

This video is interesting.....pictures are indeed worth a thousand words.

In my own opinion, Kate is just another lizard, a pretty one but look at those teeth, wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those choppers. (LOL)

Real classy family.

The article below gives a little back ground on one of Kate's famous ancestors

For the Mail can reveal that William and Kate are distant cousins. Not only that, the common ancestor who links the two lovers is a murderous despot whose bloody deeds have been deliberately forgotten by history. Until now.
The man who links William and Kate as kith and kin is Sir Thomas Leighton, an Elizabethan soldier, diplomat and, for 40 years, the cut-throat Governor of Guernsey.
He is William's 12th generation great-grandparent, and Kate's 11th, making them 12th cousins, once removed.

A despot and a dictator, Leighton brooked no argument and made life hell for those he ruled.

'He disregarded civil liberties and kept the people down by main force,' reads a rare account of his life.
This hard-nosed figure was, however, a gentleman; which will come as a timely snub to those critics of Kate Middleton who dismiss her antecedents as being working-class and - extraordinary in this day and age - therefore deem her unsuitable as a future princess.

So Kate may be relieved to learn of her posh ancestor. On the other hand, she might not be too keen to boast over the dinner table about his bloody modus operandi.

So hated was Leighton, that on his death in 1610, the official report on his demise was defaced by angry Guernsey residents. And uniquely for such an important figure in the Elizabethan court - his wife was the Queen's cousin - no portrait of him survives. All were destroyed or lost.

So what makes this gruesome fellow, whose blood courses through the veins of our future king and queen, into such a figure of hatred? Why do historians prefer to ignore his existence?

The answer lies in his despotic, nepotistic rule of Guernsey - a small but crucial stronghold during the days when Spain was amassing its armada against Britain.

Leighton had been a hugely successful soldier, serving with distinction in France and Ireland, and lustily enjoying the quelling of a revolt in northern England in 1569.
Some said he enjoyed the sight and smell of blood just a little too much. An enthusiastic supporter of hanging, drawing and quartering, Leighton never shied away from the meting out of justice, and the bloodier the better.
To reward him, or perhaps just to get this gentleman thug out of her way, Queen Elizabeth gave him Guernsey to govern in 1570 - and so his reign of terror began.
From the moment he landed at St Peter Port on a blustery May day, he took a hearty dislike to the locals.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Article goes on to say this ancient ancestor liked to melt out harsh punishment to the populace. Source and rest of article: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Personally, while Ms. Middleton is very pretty, she has a mean face and not half the class that Princess Diana had. I would have thought William would have done better for himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Kate is beautiful and always conducts herself with ease and confidence ,she is not as shy as princess Diana, maybe she will get all the focus as princess Diana got.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think they've been married for quite some time, my husband reckons it happened when the Pope came to the UK. and the 'royal wedding' to come is just the PR side of the whole affair.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Seems like people either love the royals or hate them with a passion.

As far as I'm concerned they're just media celebrities -- they have few movie stars over there and need some glamour to spice up the news.

Prince William and Kate may be vacuous and not too bright, but I fail to see what Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton have to offer either.

If the wedding keeps the attention and interest of some of the public, let them have their fun and vicarious participation in a way of life that is generally unavailable to them. They can dream. That's not all bad.
edit on 19-11-2010 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join