It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android Phone to include a WALLET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Google’s newest iteration of its Android phone OS will include a wallet that lets use your phone to make payments by tapping it against a cash register, CEO Eric Schmidt revealed Monday. “This could eventually replace credit cards,” Schmidt said.

Wired.com

Getting closer and closer, JUST as thought..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

care to elaborate?

your getting closer and closer thing can be interpreted a couple different ways.

I believe you have to have a credit card to even get a phone (do to contracts) so wouldn’t this just replace the credit card which is already "cashless"?

I don’t really see much of a problem with this idea, seems handy to me. (since we are already using credit cards, this isn’t any worse, its just a new form of plastic - however I maybe wrong, maybe you could explain why it could be so terrible)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
reply to post by influx.destruction

care to elaborate?

your getting closer and closer thing can be interpreted a couple different ways.

I believe you have to have a credit card to even get a phone (do to contracts) so wouldn’t this just replace the credit card which is already "cashless"?

I don’t really see much of a problem with this idea, seems handy to me. (since we are already using credit cards, this isn’t any worse, its just a new form of plastic - however I maybe wrong, maybe you could explain why it could be so terrible)

They start with incorporating credit card technology into phones, then other technologys, until people realise losing phones is easy, then they will start incorporating it into other devices and some where along the line the RFID chip or RFID ink will come along.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
about time we get this here
i believe that japan has had this for a long time

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's really no different that the 'fastpay' cards that many companies offer.

I have no issue with it. Until, that is, that it becomes the ONLY option to pay with. THEN it becomes a problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The CIA and FBI are already trying to track every single thing you do, might as well make it easy, just use them as your accountant.

USA, rebuilding the Berlin Wall one pixel at a time.

We should go all Hollywood chic and call our Iron Curtain, "The Matrix"!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I havent heard anything about this becoming mandatory. If you use it it is voluntary.

Use your best judgment, If you are uncomfortable with it, dont use it. It would be no more easily-tracked that using a credit or debit card, though.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ultimately true. But, Google has admitted ties to the CIA, which just gives it that really creepy 1984 feeling.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Agreed, but you have to remember, whether from a card or a phone, all electronic transactions are done over the internet or phone lines. Just because your phone is linked up does not make it any more accessable to anyone.

If anything, the real conspiracy here is that these thing keep being developed for one reason and one reason alone-to make it easier, and to make it take less thought to spend.

top topics

join