It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins Are Our Ancestors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Wanting to save dolphins isn't exactly a new age thing - The Ancient Greeks made harming a dolphin punishable by death.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I met an ocean photographer who told me a few scientists he was working with were studying a subsonic channel that runs through the oceans currents. It's basically like a telephone line, whales can use it to throw their voices across the oceans.

There's been a lot of beaching lately, some say it's because our technology is interfering with their ability to navigate the oceans. On the flip side, I also read an article that said, due to so many un-metabolized antidepressants leaking into the water table, some creatures are actually starting to become suicidal, like shrimp, who instead of moving away from predators were actually moving directly towards them.

Suicidal shrimp, might be ironic except for the fact they're the base of the food chain for a lot of sea creatures.

Maybe it's moving up the chain in more ways than we know.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Awesome, i completely agree.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

i saw on the whale wars show, the japanese had a 'sound cannon', which basically was used at the whale wars helicoptor to keep it away from the whaling ship, this 'sound cannon' actually made no noise i could tell on the camera, however the pilot started getting nausious and had to turn around our else possibly crash due to the effects it had on him

i have heard of dolphins having an ability similiar, i have tried in the past to find out more about this ability as to say the least is extremely amazing but i have had not much luck finding out more, got any info on that

also, dolphins and humans have a common ancestor, well if that was an ancestor during the time we lived in water then that would make sense, i mean life came from water, so i'm sure if you go back far enough there are alot of common ancestors and stuff, however, the dolphins and humans thing actually sounds beleivable if it were the case our common ancestors were not as far away as just being microbes

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes, it's a sonic capability, they use sound to stun prey.

And now, so do we.

Check out the LRAD demonstration, governments are buying them up like hotcakes for riot control.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDolphinSings
A russian group of scientists created a computer simulation in order to view how humans would evolve if they grew up in a water based environment. The result was something that looked exactly like a dolphin.

Your post title is misleading. Dolphins are most certainly not our Ancestors, they are much higher beings than we humans are. I think these Russians are full of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
True. I guess it would be clearer to say, they are us. We were once the same, and then a great catastrophe/flood happened, they took to the sea & adapted to it, some of us stayed on land.

We share the same ancestral elements, were divided by an event, and have continued to develop, one on land, one in the sea.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Any links for the story that we evolved from dolphins?

I love dolphins but homo sapiens evolving from Dolphins doesn't hold water despite what the computers says
. We're all connected though so I guess anything is possible.

I didn't know killing a dolphin was punishable by death in ancient Greece, its pretty incredible I think. If they messed with herds of sheep and cattle like (highly intelligent) wolves did I think it would be a different story. Times change though, now that dolphin is seen as nothing other than food competition it is matter of time before we all "learn" from Japanese start to sell them as canned food. When you become an obstacle or a mere interest of any kind to a human being all hell will rain upon you - so says the history.

Also, I predict that in future we'll make domestic animals out of dolphins of various breeds from mini-dolphin for your water tank, leashed guard dolphin to protect your future sea-house and a war dolphin trained to kill with a sonar-attack. Many Asian countries will also sell mini-dolphins as food through specialized vending machines and use fins as a Aphrodisiac (which doesn't really work at all). In US they will be most popular as pets bought at any pet store, ones that don't sell will be shipped to China or destroyed in massive gas chambers. Most popular pet will be a dolphin with so much skin it looks like some demonic being, teenagers will love it - originally trained for war as extra skin is to protect against bullets. Wild dolphins will of course get hunted to extinction due to their overpopulation thus damaging sport-fishing industry and for being rabid bloodthirsty man-eating pests (that's if they survive the ecological catastrophe after WW3). Now that maybe very pessimistic and cynical prediction but its more fact-based than webbot

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
While I wouldn't agree that Humans are the descendants of Dolphins, I will agree that we are most likely from the sea. Just look at human hair, how it grows downward to shed water, not in tufts like primates. Look at (what some have called) genetic throwbacks in humans, such as webbed hands and feet, tails, etc.
There are many key elements in human design that point more towards the ocean, and less towards the jungles. Maybe we didn't spend 100% of our time in the water, but our ancestors were definitely designed to thrive on both land and sea.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If we measure intelligence by how a animal looks after the planet then the human animal is the most stupid of all gods children, if dolphins where ugly would people still care???

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i eat dolphins with the japanese. they're really not that smart or they'd get away from my spear and net.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They're only one of the Creator's 'perfect' animals.

Too bad all we can think to do is compare them to humans instead of holding them up and taking joy in them as they are. (Nothing against the OP - good thread)...

peace
edit on 18-11-2010 by silo13 because: vid

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
We probably did come from dolphins. lol
or as OP said...
we probably just split into two.
hmm....

I do agree that they are higher beings than humans though. lol

cool thread OP.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Pyramids, geometry, we seem to worship the triangle quite a lot, in many different fields.

The shark, the dolphin, the whale, what's the first thing you see when these guys hit the surface,

a triangle ; )

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDolphinSings

Are aliens our successors then?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Great Thread!

Star and Flag!

Doesn't explain why I'm a rubbish swimmer however.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalKnowledge

Hey natural knowledge 8 )

I myself prescribe to the theory, there are no aliens, only us in more advanced form. We're decreasing in evolution, not advancing. Would be it be so uncanny to think, the top shelf of our own species would go 'underground' instead of sticking it out with the rest of us.

If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you stick around, or exclude yourself for some peace and quiet?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
While I wouldn't agree that Humans are the descendants of Dolphins, I will agree that we are most likely from the sea. Just look at human hair, how it grows downward to shed water, not in tufts like primates. Look at (what some have called) genetic throwbacks in humans, such as webbed hands and feet, tails, etc.
There are many key elements in human design that point more towards the ocean, and less towards the jungles. Maybe we didn't spend 100% of our time in the water, but our ancestors were definitely designed to thrive on both land and sea.

Actually, if I understand it correctly, this experiment is saying we had to go BACK into the sea. We were on land, something happened, we had to take refuge in the sea, we adapted there.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It is certainly plausible, but the repercussions are not particularly important; I dont see why such a matter should brew such extreme emotions among some members

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkwurkdigliebe
It is certainly plausible, but the repercussions are not particularly important; I dont see why such a matter should brew such extreme emotions among some members

i think because, it gives a little credence to the Great Deluge/Flood Theory.

We got flooded out, dolphins are us, taken to the sea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join