It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sellafield Nuclear plant stolen body parts coverup and inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Apparently, 65 deceased workers from the Sellafield Nuclear plant had tissue samples and body parts stolen without prior consent during autopsy over a 30 year period. This is the conclusion of a 3 and half year inquiry. These are initial reports from the findings, the actual report is to be published later today.

Sellafield body parts inquiry - Sky news

Family member Angela Christie :

The first I heard about it was when Alistair Darling announced the inquiry. I've since found documents which show my father's body parts were taken. It's very upsetting. We do feel violated. We thought we'd buried him intact. To find out that's not the case is very traumatic.

According to the report, this was regularly done without the consent of the individual themselves or their family. Absolutely disgusting if you ask me, it's basically desecrating the remains. It's no surprise however that they wanted samples given that we know Sellafield has never been safe. Obviously they needed to know what effect the radiation leaks were having on their employees, but to do it in such an underhanded and disrespectful manner is vile. No surprise also to see relatively large numbers or deaths related to Leukemia and Lymphoma among Sellafield employees down the years. Not enough that through unsafe practises, they essentially killed many of these men, but even after death they were treated no better. The place should have been shut down decades ago.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Another article about it here :

www.channel4.com...

Months after the inquiry began, it was expanded to include workers from nuclear establishments at Harwell in Oxfordshire, Aldermaston in Berkshire and Springfields near Preston in Lancashire. The inquiry has also reviewed a government-sponsored study of bones removed from 6072 individuals, mostly babies, spanning two decades.

Am I the only one who finds this a little disturbing?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Update for those in the UK who may be interested.

Sky News - British Government apologies for illegal testing on body parts.

The inquiry found the views of relatives were not always obtained, as required by the Human Tissue Act of 1961. An "extraordinary range" of organs were removed to gauge any effects of radiation, it was revealed. The liver was removed in all cases and one or both lungs in all but one incident. Vertebrae, sternum, ribs, lymph nodes, spleen, kidneys and femur were also stripped in the majority of incidents.

More witholding the truth than conspiracy, but what they did is still very wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

More witholding the truth than conspiracy

It would be a conspiracy if this report hadn't confirmed it. And we would also likely have a bunch of skeptics saying "Fear mongering, as if they take people's body parts without consent, where is the proof?"...well, here it is hypothetical skeptic.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Hm, quite right. I just think after everything that's gone on there it's like a final slap in the face. The radiation leaks giving their workers all kinds of illnesses, killing many of them and many people contend that baby deformations around the Sellafield plant and as far away as the east coast of Ireland rose dramatically after those leaks, which wouldn't surprise me at all. The place was deemed unsafe decades ago and as such should have been closed. In keeping it open they've seriously affected the lives of a lot of people.

new topics

top topics

join