It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newscientist article about People in denial of the truth, people who believe in conspiracies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
"HEARD the latest? The swine flu pandemic was a hoax: scientists, governments and the World Health Organization cooked it up in a vast conspiracy so that vaccine companies could make money.

Never mind that the flu fulfilled every scientific condition for a pandemic, that thousands died, or that declaring a pandemic didn't provide huge scope for profiteering. A group of obscure European politicians concocted this conspiracy theory, and it is now doing the rounds even in educated circles.

This depressing tale is the latest incarnation of denialism, the systematic rejection of a body of science in favour of make-believe. There's a lot of it about, attacking evolution, global warming, tobacco research, HIV, vaccines - and now, it seems, flu. But why does it happen? What motivates people to retreat from the real world into denial?"

Just wondering what everyone thinks to this. I mean doesnt this article speak a conspiracy in itself! lol

I cant access the full article because you have to pay to subscribe. But if anyone you who do or any of you who have more information on this article it would be interesting to know more.

I dont agree that people who see beyond what they are being told are in denial, in fact you could say they are seeing the truth!

www.newscientist.com...

Here is the link although there is not much else on there. Just wondering everyones thoughts on this article, those believers of Conspiracies, and from what this article suggests people who are in a state of denial.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
lol, my life has proven electronic control exists, and these people would pretend it does not.

18 years back the uk gov could take all your memories fact, did these people talk about that, no.

They clearly are ignorant of the world we live in, or just plain rubbish.

For those people that work at this mag. The uk and usa gov can take all your memories, and this tech has existed for at least 18 years.

I saw no articles about this in this mag about real science.

Oh of course these people who put articles into this mag are so intelligent and bright they know everything, lol. Well they obviously never stumbled across the fact that electronic mind control was and is being used in schools, as far back as 1992 in london.

I do not remember them ever talking about mind control in schools, which my life proved.
edit on 11/16/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I agree to some extent. This article, in its very definition, is a oxymoron.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Those people are either ignorant, rubbish or working to an agenda.

Remember alot of science folk are just peopel that got through school ok, and where not destroyed by the system, the only difference they have to us, is that they got a piece of paper saying they passed exams. Good on them, but that does not mean that they have as much or more critical thinking skills than anyone else.

Just means at the time when they where at school, for what ever reason, they where allowed to do there exams.

When i was in 6th form in uk, i found the above out, and they absolutely set out to destroy me, and humiliate me. Try putting up with that and thinking about doing exams, or revising.

These scientists often has this arrogant view, that just because they passed exams, that they are somehow more able to make a correct decision over a problem than any of us, lol.

18 years aho, i proved at school in uk, that the uk gov could take your memories. Have i ever heard about that in new scientist, no. But of course lately we have heard that they may be able to brain scan peopel to see if they can take images from teh brain or what ever. Yep right, that is old techs, like i describe above.

Although i would say new scientist is better than popular mechanics or something, they still are not telling you what really is going on.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
lol, my life has proven electronic control exists, and these people would pretend it does not.
18 years back the uk gov could take all your memories fact, did these people talk about that, no.
They clearly are ignorant of the world we live in, or just plain rubbish.
The uk and usa gov can take all your memories, and this tech has existed for at least 18 years.
I do not remember them ever talking about mind control in schools, which my life proved.

You wanna explain that..or better yet, make your own thread and stop hatin on this guys thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
Never mind that the flu fulfilled every scientific condition for a pandemic, that thousands died, or that declaring a pandemic didn't provide huge scope for profiteering. A group of obscure European politicians concocted this conspiracy theory, and it is now doing the rounds even in educated circles.

Mmmmm..... Never mind that the number of people that died of Swine Flu was tiny compared to the numbers that die each year from the annual influenza season. Never mind that the big Pharma Corps making / pushing the vaccines profited massively. Never mind that at least one of the senior advisors to the WHO, responsible for pushing up to full blown pandemic level and advising global vaccinations, was also making money from those same big Pharma Corps.

This depressing tale is the latest incarnation of denialism, the systematic rejection of a body of science in favour of make-believe. There's a lot of it about, attacking evolution, global warming, tobacco research, HIV, vaccines - and now, it seems, flu. But why does it happen? What motivates people to retreat from the real world into denial?"

Make believe? Perhaps the author of this piece should invest a bit of time actually researching the story and some of the claims made...that's what journalists do, or at least it's what they used to do.
Perhaps what makes us wary of the "real world" is that historically we have been lied to on an almost daily basis, by governments, scientists and the big businesses and money interests that own / pay them. Everything IS agenda based and deserving of scrutiny. The official line is not to be trusted at all and, based on past performance, if the government told me the sun rises in the East, I'd feel obliged to go check myself rather than take their word for it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I have explained this all over the board.

I put this here, to explain the arrogance of people who get a degree, and think they know it all and want to ridicule us on here.

Ask him where are the articles that explain that uk was using electronic mind control in schools in 1992 on kids, that i found out. Ask them to investigate when uk gov first had the techs to take all your memories from you and i mean all of them, not just ones you remember. Like how when your a kid and its too far back for you to remember these people can even get them memories, so it entails no interaction on your part.

Remember i found out this in 1992 in london school, so what are they doing today with techs.

The media is coming out today trying to tell us that these techs are just in infant stage today, no they have been around for decades.

So either the mag is written by ignorant people or people that are just rubbish, or choose to be in denial.

Do you see where i am going with this. There is aload of technolgy that these people never accept exists, but does and is being used on people fact. If this mag has never written about these things, so how are you going to say they know what is going on more than the next person?

The thread headline, denial of truth. So my life has proven electronic mind control exists and they can literally take every memory you have. How come they are not the ones in denial? I have never seen any article about the fact that techs existed to take all your memories in 1992 existed.

Just imagine all those on death row in america that could of been saved by these techs, if peopel like this mag actually reported the truth and the techs where used to amke sure innocent people did not die there.

I put to you the magizane and there writers are in denial, and liek others say, a scientists is often his own worst eneny, as people always think and say if that exists they would know about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by ATLien

Ask him
Remember i found out this in 1992 in london school, so what are they doing today with techs.

Ask who?
I don't remember you doing anything..How did you PROVE this?
And can you please Explain it in Detail for me?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
To even finish reading the article in the OP one must have paid subscription.
I'm not going to sit here and second guess what's in the article.
Have a nice non-thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sad thing is this is probably not even a propaganda piece - this is really how many scientists/academics think.

Then they work behind the scenes in Jason groups for the shadowy Mitre Corporation which reports to no one but themselves (and their MIC financiers)

I think a simple rule still holds true:

Have an open mind - but not so open your brain falls out!

I'm still on the fence regarding the flu pandemic "conspiracy" but I find the U.S. Govt.'s conspiracy theory on what happened on 9/11 to be utter rubbish.

And hasn't new forensic evidence all but proven their were two shooters in the RFK assassination - yet no new trial is even being considered!??

Some Conspiracies - historically - have quite simply been exposed to be absolutely true!

To dismiss them all is ingenious at best - and willful disinformation at it's worst!

edit on 16-11-2010 by truthmagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thanx for the warning.
i can't stand it when they do that.

top topics

join