It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Possible Surveillance Of Nuclear Power Plant By Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Police detained five men of Middle Eastern descent in Pennsylvania, after a toll booth operator informed authorities that they were asking questions about the location of a nearby nuclear power plant. The toll booth attendant said that they asked if he knew of a good fishing location near the nuclear power plant. When the Pennsylvania State Police stopped them and searched their van, they did not have any fishing equipment with them.

citizensvoice.com - 5 detained near Salem nuclear plant.
Federal and state authorities reported Tuesday that several men of Middle Eastern descent were driving around the Berwick and Shickshinny areas Tuesday looking for the nuclear power plant in Salem Township.

State police said they were asking directions to the river near the plant because they wanted to go fishing. Their minivan was pulled over by state police in Shickshinny around 11 a.m. on U.S. Route 11 in Salem Township, four miles south of the Susquehanna Steam and Electric Power Plant.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Instead of asking for a good fishing location on the river, the men directly asked for directions to the nuclear power plant, and were only interested in fishing locations near the power plant. Two of the five men were originally detained for Visa issues, but all five were released since they were not actually doing anything illegal. Sources say that all U.S. nuclear reactors have been put on high alert.

Additional Sources:
NEIN - POSSIBLE TERRORIST SURVEILLANCE AT PENNSYLVANIA NUCLEAR POWER PLANT

[edit on 30-6-2004 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here is another link to this story:

worldnetdaily.com...

Why are these types always released...is it to put a tail on them and keep them under surveilance I hope? Shouldn't they automatically get a free trip to GITMO? I'm sorry if this sounds like painting with a broad brush, but isn't it time we started showing some teeth? If you're snooping around our nuke plants you should be kept someplace where you don't pose a threat. We all know they weren't fishing for anything with scales.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
now there coming here. are we in any danger of a nucler attack by terrorists or is this one of ther falls alarms. i think there trying to plan a terroists attack in america but it just got foild by american police or homeland secrity.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleMan
Here is another link to this story:

worldnetdaily.com...

Why are these types always released...is it to put a tail on them and keep them under surveilance I hope? Shouldn't they automatically get a free trip to GITMO? I'm sorry if this sounds like painting with a broad brush, but isn't it time we started showing some teeth? If you're snooping around our nuke plants you should be kept someplace where you don't pose a threat. We all know they weren't fishing for anything with scales.

The last several incidents of suspicious activity around nuke plants have all been Israeli's, all with lame reasons for being there, and as far as I know, all have been quietly released back to Israel.

When will America wake up?
Probably never...

top topics

join