It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook ramps up competition with new message system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Facebook messages aims to tie users more closely to the social networking site at a time when everyone is battling for their attention.

The product will merge texts, online chat and emails into one central hub.

It looks like online data mining has just gotten a whole lot easier.
Even though facebook is useful for some,this is just one more reason why i will never use it.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

Whats the problem?

ATS has Texts (the forums), Online Chat (the Live Chat) and Emails (U2U's) and you don't appear to have an issue with ATS?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Seriously, who either needs or wants yet another email option? Really can't see the point of it. At least this time they learned enough to make it default Opt In instead if taking the initiative for us like the last few "features" introduced.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A succubus tried to steal my baby...I met that succubus on facebook. All the OMGs and BFFs in the world couldn't make me go back there...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here thoroughly read their privacy statement, Java's Privacy Statement,
Microsoft Privacy Statement, or even ATS's privacy statement?

My Lawyer said it would be VERY expensive to recapitulate what is rightfully mine. It would involve YEARS
of litigation as well. His firm said that it would take a class action lawsuit to even begin to consider
restitution. However, due to the aggressive nature of the providers of such software, it has become apparent,well documented and noted,
that one of their corporate benchmarks was not only to position potential costumers into a corner of choice
(monopoly) ,which would allow access to further programs Only upon acceptance of "Terms of Agreement,"
but would also by "Default", and by you accepting these terms and agreements ,to allow the "Provider" to track your Browsing Habits,Purchases,I.P. Address,etc.These Terms go Way beyond the principle of "Rightful Usage"
Which the "Providers" are basing their whole "Share or Usage" business model/concept on. This in and of itself violates the Rules,terms and conditions of their own business statutes for filing with The Internal Revenue Service. I can only hope that some of you out there are even comprehending the magnitude of this .

The whole process of requiring a potential new member to "read ,and accept the "terms and conditions"
without secondary,or third party oversight,nor witness(Notary), thus renders their initial requirement "null and void".
Furthermore, any "tracking of you "By Any Means Of The Provider" would not be acceptable as evidence in
any court of law in The United States of America. Lastly, all and any comments you may have made directly
or indirectly to shall be subject to dismissal as "here say."

We are Taxpaying Citizens of The United States of America" We will fight for what is rightfully our Liberty
preferably in a court of law, but elsewhere as the conditions arise.

Pay Attention, this is Your one Life,,,,,,Wildmanimal

top topics

join