It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent LIFE Throughout The Cosmos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My personal thoughts on intelligent life in the cosmos are pretty dry really. Dont get me wrong, I have visualised and conceptualised many different life forms in my life, but never having met any from anywhere outside this atmosphere Im breathing, I rely on probability and so on . Basicaly I think it goes like this. There are N billion stars in this galaxy , where N is the right number. Many of those N billion stars have some planetary bodies around them, and it stands to some reason that in all those potentialy billions of POSSIBLE worlds, there cannot be just us , because if that were so , it would make a nonsense of all statistics and probabilities which have sprung up. When you consider the idea of the UNIVERSE and how much bigger than a galaxy that is, the balance tips alarmingly in my opinion toward SOME intelligent life being out there.
From a biological point of veiw, this planet has a wide range of habitats and landscapes. Those are home to creatures which until recently we thought impossible:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And others which even though we know a fair bit about them, seem in principle to be down right improbable :

www.newscientist.com...

With these creatures in mind, who is to say that life stops at the edge of our atmosphere? Who is to say that biology is the only measure of what constitutes life?
I have always believed that living as we do , on a planet so teeming with myriad different species , living in some utterly improbable locales and environments, that it is arrogance in its mightiest form to suggest that in all the massiveness of the universe, ours is the only planet which is home to something intelligent .

Then there are the total unknowns. Of course, there is no proof of what I am about to put forward as an idea :

Vacuum breathers, beings made of energy, creatures existant in the space between particles... Theres no proof for these, but they are not beyond imagination in any way . They are merely beyond discovery, beyond record, and utterly intangible . Again, who is to truely say what may lie beyond the veil of the edge of our solar system? Who can tell where , and what we might end up discovering. All we can know for sure, is that until we see with our own eyes, the entire universe , we cannot say what is or is not in it. We can only say what we have yet seen, and that I suspect, is but a tiny portion of what may be.
edit on 16-11-2010 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by TrueBrit because: Was trying to figure out why some of my post is bolded.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
since I am now IT, Should IT = is = sh'it
be

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RKallisti

Thanks for this thread, I feel privileged to be among such essoteric thinkers. Here's my 2 cents.

The Magicians Apprentise said:
"I have a little tip go stand in front of a mirror and you can realize something interesting that we are all Aliens every single person on this planet is. We have been parts of many Alien races and even have left families amongst them, due to the share fact we can not remember this because of a memory wipe that happens when you enter Earth state of body."

RKallisti said:
"Secondly, everyone is an alien? Depends on what you consider alien. If you are referring to the fact that the Primitive Intelligent Simeans (the later upgraded Homo Sapiens Sapiens) were genetically engineered on more than one occasion and that their own genes are intermingled with various ET genes, then yes, Humans are aliens."

I believe that "God" is a spirit, and like the ocean we are ALL part of this spiritual body. Each and every one of us is a drop of god's soul. We are eternal, everlasting and are all brothers. We can and do commune with our space bothers whether we are aware of it or not.

I was once taken to Pluto where I stood and looked toward a tiny speck that was our sun. "A Voice" told me to look on all of creation and know that all that you see is the femine side of god. It is impregnable, the invisable creative force, all that you cannot see, is GOD.

All of our bodies, whether ET's or mine is of the creation of the spirit and reflects our conciousness. It is in a constant state of change but the spirit is in a contant state of calm that lies beyond the realm of time and space. Therefore, astral projection and clairvoyance and communion are very personal and unproovable events.

I do believe that solid bodied ETs have been in contact with our government and have influenced humanity for aeons. I believe that the catholic church had been in contact for centuries. I also believe that ascended beings, that cannot be seen by the human eye are also playing a role in our lives and spiritual development. Contact can be made through your religion, meditation, drugs, dreams, reading, etc. You may not even know that you are in communion But, for those that do know, it is impossible to prove to others. Either they believe you or they don't. Just like religion, either you believe or you don't.

I think it is inevitable that the earth will be host to multi-planetary visitors, and society will eventually embrace this reality. Just like the scenes in "Star Wars," earth will integrate. Just as Europe expanded its realm in the "New World" we will experiencing a new "New World." in interplanetary travel and cultural expansion. (My Prediction)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There may be intelligent life someplace out in the universe, but I haven't seen a shred of good proof of it. I've seen a lot of wishful thinking (including some wishful thinking in mathematical form). I've seen a lot of conjecture. And I've seen evidence of the existence of possible places where such life might come from. But as for the life itself, intelligent or otherwise, I haven't seen anything.

So we can either pretend it exists, or pretend it doesn't. It's just pretending, either way.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Text Blue This is my first ever post on this forum so i would just like to say hi first! This is 1 of my favourite conversations and always will be until all my questions are answered and as we all know it will be impossible because of the government! The most interesting thing ive come across about this topic is the Howard Menger case. Now for those you arnt to sure about this here is a link...

www.youtube.com...

This certain man claims he has even went into space with aliens and seen the other side of the moon and claims there is cities with alien life on it!

Then there is another guy called Phil Schneider who was a worker at area 51 and a employee for the government top secret devolpment plots for underground base camps. He claims he has had physical contact and even shot dead 2 of the grey aliens!

There really is life out there the earth is a grain of sand to whats out there only a fool would think different.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The last comment said something about "imagination". And that's just where you will find other intelligent life in the universe. I don't know how your previous contributors derive their opinions as they provide no basis for them, but I suspect that they don't realise how rare earth is.
I have seen a relevant calculations, which go something like this:
1. There are 322 essential ingredients for complex/intelligent life on a planet.
2. The probability for the occurrence of all 322 parameters ≈ 10^-304
3. There is a maximum possible number of life supporting bodies in the universe of ≈ 10^22
4. That means there is less than 1 chance in 10^282 (a million trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion) that even one life-supporting body would occur anywhere in the universe. And we are it.
I'm as big of a Star Wars or Star Trek fan as anyone ... but lets be realistic.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

Reading stuff like that makes me embarrassed for humanity, reading about the actions of humans in the past.

But really, are we so much different?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Well it would appear that from my comments you have formed an opinion of me .........funny how the internet works isn't it? Why do you assume that I can't accept the possibility that what you say is true?........I simply asked you a question based on a statement you made

The statement I made was this:

perhaps the same way you can't accept the possibility that what I say is true.

I don't know if you noticed, but I said PERHAPS, which means that PERHAPS you couldn't acccept the possibility that what I say is true.

I have no tangible/scientific/empirical evidence to prove it to you

Yet you claim that you didn't say that, and that I was making it up!

You said:

I'm interested in how you "know with absolute certainty" something for which you have no evidence whatsoever?

No evidence to prove anything to you.

Once again, I said:

I have no tangible/scientific/empirical evidence to prove it to you.

I have my own evidences, but unfortunately they are not tangible/palpable/scientific enough to prove the veracity of my experiences to anyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo

i have been not in love for a long time and now i believe in love.

Really? What changed now...?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I believe that there is a very high probability of intelligent life existing somewhere out there in the cosmos. Look at the age of the universe, the number of galaxies in it and the number of stars in those galaxies. To say that our planet is the only life baring one seems kind of illogical to me.

I also believe that there could be civilization far, far older then ours. With technology far, far more advanced that ours.

But do I believe that they're coming here in flying saucers, abducting people and doing the other things that some have claimed?

No.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

Yes, Howard Menger and Phil Schneider are but a couple of all the thousands of people (many working for the government) that have had some sort of interaction with ETs. There's plenty of "evidence" in the form or reports, papers, testimonials, etc.

But hey, you know what?
It's better to think, it's all a hoax, they are all liars and/or insane. Because if I haven't seen anything, then they can't see anything, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberspy
I believe that there is a very high probability of intelligent life existing somewhere out there in the cosmos. Look at the age of the universe, the number of galaxies in it and the number of stars in those galaxies. To say that our planet is the only life baring one seems kind of illogical to me.

I also believe that there could be civilization far, far older then ours. With technology far, far more advanced that ours.

Just as there are civilizations younger and less technologically advanced than Humans.

But do I believe that they're coming here in flying saucers, abducting people and doing the other things that some have claimed?

No.

Why not? If you care to elaborate ^^

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgecrusher09
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

Reading stuff like that makes me embarrassed for humanity, reading about the actions of humans in the past.

But really, are we so much different?

You shouldn't be embarrassed. Humans do what they have to do. There's no need to regret or feel guilt or anything, because those feelings hinder your Soul advancement.

No, you're not so much different.

The problem lies when people start looking at more technologically/spiritually advanced beings as some sort of "Gods". They are not your saviours in any way. Each human is his own saviour. There's no need to look up for others to come and save your Soul. Just look inside of you and there you have your Micro-Cosmos, which is a reflection of the outer Macro-Cosmos.

All Life in the Cosmos is at different stages of development, some are younger, some are older, some have progressed more, some less. There is no better or worse, everything is perfectly laid in the Great Plan of the Creator. All you have to do is concentrate on working on the progress and maturity of your own Soul. Everything else comes by addition to that. Then everything else begins to connect and make sense. You'll begin to understand more and more the Cosmos around you.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti
Why not? If you care to elaborate ^^

No conclusive evidence.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

LOL

You like to split hairs don't you!

Sorry but I've met a myriad of people like you on ATS and all sorts of related forums......you are without doubt an intelligent person, but your claims are outlandish, they lack any real substance, and what you are really expressing is an opinion, a belief, based on nothing more than dreams and personal intuition, if your alien visitor (or anyone else's for that matter) really wanted to give you a message or a sign, then they would give you a tangible one, one you could show to all of humanity,that could be verified and acted on by all of us here on Earth!, not appear in a dream or during a meditation session with nothing more than prophetic words to be passed onto an internet message board!

I'm sick to the back teeth of this nonsense that is being posted on ATS, the world and his wife seem to have "inside information" on aliens and "the big picture" for all us unenlightened ones!........guess what?.......your telling me nothing I couldn't think up myself!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Sorry but I've met a myriad of people like you on ATS and all sorts of related forums......you are without doubt an intelligent person, but your claims are outlandish, they lack any real substance, and what you are really expressing is an opinion, a belief, based on nothing more than dreams and personal intuition, if your alien visitor (or anyone else's for that matter) really wanted to give you a message or a sign, then they would give you a tangible one, one you could show to all of humanity,that could be verified and acted on by all of us here on Earth!, not appear in a dream or during a meditation session with nothing more than prophetic words to be passed onto an internet message board!

I'm sick to the back teeth of this nonsense that is being posted on ATS, the world and his wife seem to have "inside information" on aliens and "the big picture" for all us unenlightened ones!........guess what?.......your telling me nothing I couldn't think up myself!

I am sure that there are myriads of people who are fabricating their stories about their Extraterrestrial experiences. But you know what? I am also pretty sure that some of those who were deemed liars, hoaxers or deluded maniacs where often the ones telling the very truth.

So my claims outlandish and lack any real substance? Well, that may be how you see it from your point of view. But to me, there's nothing outlandish in it and the "substance" of my experience was very real.

I'm not asking you or forcing you to believe in anything I say. It's not as if I'll hate you or want to kill you for not believing!

But answer this stupid question: if you one day you see a pink pig walking down the street but nobody else believes in pink pigs, would the pink pig just be your opinion and a mere unsubstantiated belief in your head?

My principal intent here wasn't to draw attention to myself, else I would have begun by telling my experience in detail in the first place, which I never did. It has been (some of) the people participating in this Thread that seem to have the sole intent of decrying me and proving me wrong instead of having an open-minded conversation.

And BTW, mine were no prophetic words. And that it (the ET) appeared in my sleep doesn't mean my experience was a "dream", as you put it. Oh, and you misunderstood something, it didn't come to give me a sign for all humanity to see. It came for reasons that have to do with me personally. If there's a sign, that sign is mine. The only "sign" I can offer you is my own testimonial. But obviously that is not even slightly sufficient to you (not you personally, Argyll; I mean that in general terms).

I often wonder, why don’t they just calmly question me further if they don't understand or believe me, and in return give my ideas a fair hearing? Why mock or attack instead of peacefully listening, considering, and reflecting on my ideas?

I have already stated that I do not know absolutely everything, but I do understand the maturity, accuracy, and congruence-to-reality of the sources from which I speak and on which I depend.

edit on 17-11-2010 by RKallisti because: Minor corrections.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The reason why Extraterrestrials don't interfere more openly with Humanity is because all you (people, in general) ask and demand signs, signs, signs, tangible physical proofs, and scientifically corroborative evidence.

You have no perception, consciousness and awareness of what is out there because you've grown accustomed and conformed to the physical and material world in which you live. It's as if you've grown hopelessly dependent on it, to the point in which you wont believe in what you can't see - when maybe it's right in front of you waiting for you to see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So, intelligent people of ATS, may we continue to carry on with our discussion(s) in a more open-minded and non-aggressive manner from now on?

I'd like to hear anything you may want to say about pretty much anything (as long as we stick to the topic)!

Your contributions, even if they are just a small comment or thought here and there, is greatly appreciated.

One more time, and just to clarify, I don't expect you to believe in my words. I only hope you'd consider them. And just to make it clear once again, I did not come here to fight or bring discord to ATS.

We may disagree, but let's do so in a polite manner.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well, though your personal ideas about Life in the Cosmos are pretty dry, like you say, at least you're open up to possibilities and at least you're giving it some thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

I believe that "God" is a spirit, and like the ocean we are ALL part of this spiritual body. Each and every one of us is a drop of god's soul. We are eternal, everlasting and are all brothers. We can and do commune with our space bothers whether we are aware of it or not.

And you do well to believe so, eaglewoman.

Now, if you don't mind... you said something about being taken to Pluto, if I understood correctly. Could you elaborate a little bit more on that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join