It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil came to St Louis- Zazz Files 1 videocast Case study on the real 'Exorcist'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

aw man, ... the talking heads are possessed ???

I love that song.

... and Alice Cooper is actually a really decent guy, he just uses all that jazz to sell records.

As I have stated earlier, I have had the chance to witness a few excorcisms. And all the vomiting, hissing, kicking, screaming, and talking in toungues that came with it.

I know there are dark entities around, but I also think the experience could of had something to do with the collective atmosphere of a strict church, .. and maybe a suggestable mind.

Yet the excorcism was a real experience, and when I got the chance to speak to one of the girls later, she told me that when she would take showers, the water appeared to be blood. Her life was severly impacted by whatever took hold of her, ... wether it be a demon, or a product of collective suggestion.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I know there are dark entities around, but I also think the experience could of had something to do with the collective atmosphere of a strict church, .. and maybe a suggestable mind.

Yet the excorcism was a real experience, and when I got the chance to speak to one of the girls later, she told me that when she would take showers, the water appeared to be blood. Her life was severly impacted by whatever took hold of her, ... wether it be a demon, or a product of collective suggestion.

Very well said Stella

I have no doubts there are energies that can 'feed' of us, however the power of a collective energy making a scenario more intense is also very real possibility.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I read your thread.......maybe I misinterpreted it.

S&F for Effort,,,but I think your playing with fire my dear

www.philly.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

Creepy.

Seriously "God will warm your soul"...I guess that only happens when you have "faith" right?...and when you have faith in something you are already commited to believing in it, so tell me...where is the objective approach to faith? where is the logic?...

In my experience the only thing a religious person can say to a non-believer when questioned about why they actually believe is that the non-believer must display faith..it's an endless circle.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoma15
I don't know what your talking about but I dig your accent. Reminds me of watching an episode of "Flight of the Concords."

I can't think of any Australians in Flight of the Conchords.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ummmm...what was Zazzy talking about???

I'm just kidding, very well thought out and informative thread...I'm not big into demonology, but those here will definitely take some of this info with them
edit on 11/16/2010 by HomerinNC because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

An atheist has as much faith in the *theory* that science will never prove the existence of a "higher power" as a believer has in any other paradigm of religious experience.

Great thread, by the way. Very creepy. All it takes is 1% of the cases to be true and you have a real phenomena on your hands.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Possession by entities, demonic 'obsession' or whatever name you want to give it isn't always simply a case of psychological illness.

People who arrogantly attempt to explain away everything and anything they don't readily understand are as ignorant as the superstitious people who think everything and anything they don't understand is 'supernatural' or 'paranormal'.

While 'science' can explain a great deal, even top-level physicists will tell you the universe is more mysterious than we can imagine. Sorry, but science isn't the catch-all, end-all savior for every strange or mysterious phenomena that's out there, and Occam's Razor doesn't always apply.

While I'm a bit of a skeptic, and I do believe the vast majority of seemingly paranormal events do have logical, scientific explanations, there are documented cases of 'possessed' people speaking languages unknown to them. I'd like 'science' to explain how mental illness, stress, or drug/alcohol abuse can suddenly cause a person to fluently speak an ancient Latin dialect.

(edit for a comma insertion)

edit on 16-11-2010 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I have researched this subject quite a bit over the last 20 or so years and find it to be an amazing subject to this day. While most of the exorcisms that I have watched (video) or listened to (recording) came across to me as being more a psychological endeavor than a supernatural one - there are a few cases that seem to defy this rational explanation. A few cases where the "voices" coming out of people sincerely seemed inhuman and otherworldly. Also there are a few documented cases of people speaking in non-native languages during these rituals. I can see discounting some as simply being "good preparation" - but it is hard to apply that standard to them all.

Very, very intriguing stuff indeed.

Also, I go on record in saying that it is my humble opinion that all threads on ATS should include a 15 minute Zazz video presentation. That would make every thread here full of win!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Finding the identity to this guy really wasn't that difficult. I lived a block away from his "alleged" house (Mt Rainier, MD) and as a kid we would dare each other to walk across the vacant lot. In the 90s the elemetry school bought the property and built a playground on it. I say alleged because after I did a simple property/records search on the interwebs, I found that that was NOT the location. A little more digging found that the real house is still standing, and it is a mile or so away in Cottage City. All one has to do is a little math, look in the yearbook for the only local Catholic High School which he attended, the yearbook was nice and told you from where each person was from.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The psychological issues surrounding this incident lingered in the neighborhood of Alexian Brothers hospital......and still do. A couple of years before it was torn down I lived across the street on the second floor of an apartment building that looked up to the fourth floor of the hospital where everything took place. The windows were still boarded up and the rumors in the neighborhood and staff at the hospital were that paranormal activity still continued.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I enjoyed your video very much and am looking forward to the next part. I can very easily understand your skepticism of the idea of possession, etc and respect your open-mindedness in not completely discounting it altogether.

My opinion on the topic is quite simple. I know evil exists. I have experienced it in different ways and even though I wish that others were aware of the presence of evil so that they could better understand how to avoid it, I would never wish for anyone else to experience the things I have just to prove it's existence.

I do have witnesses to my various experiences, although none of whom (at least as far as I'm aware) frequent ATS.

I also read another account (although I can't find it now) of the possession and successful exorcism of a young girl (in the US I believe) which if true, is both very disturbing and eye-opening at the same time. If I manage to find it I'll be sure to give a link.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

-"The thread topic is not my "damned soul " nor my need to be converted"

I did not insinuate that was the topic, and I did not have any thought like that in my head when posting.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
, possession, is in my opinion a deep psychological issue most of the time, particularly as a result of drugs, schizophrenia or victims of abuse, there are however very few cases that are yet to be explained.

Well I agree with you insofar that possession should be only considered AFTER the more mundane possibilities have been excluded. People who see the devil in everything are fundamentalist idiots.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Not sure if you (or anyone else for that matter) is interested but I found the link I mentioned in my last post. It's the story of a girl named Karen Kingston.

I can't even remember what I was reading that provided that link for me but it definitely made for some interesting reading (for me, at least). The only thing I would say when reading it is to ask yourself the question "what if the story is all true" because then it can really make you wonder.

I'm interested to see what people who decide to take the time to read the story think/have to say about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I did read all your thread, found it to be quite informative and close. Apologies if you inferred my response
out of context. It must be mentioned to you that I find your initial humor incompatible with not only the true
nature of your subject, but the clear amount of thought and time that you have allocated to your presentation.
Part of you may be just joking around, but another part of you, the dangerously curious part, clearly is not.

Great Thread. To bad people aren't smart enough to understand what your implying.

By the way,,,,Did you like my links? Some of my favorite bands were tapped.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Hey There I.B.
I have met Alice a few times. In fact, I own one of his Leather Jackets. Bought it at a Charity
Thing. I am a Big Talking Heads fan, I met Adrien Belew at a School of Rock Event in NYC.
What I was trying to get across is that some performers allow access of their bodies to a spirit. Knowingly
or unknowingly. If you watch the links carefully, you will be able to see this. I am in no position to label this as
evil. So I did not. It is possession all the same. Whose is to say good spirits cannot take possession?

Gotta prep a Turkey now,,,,,Best Regards to you, and Happy Thanks Giving!

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Maybe its just me Zazzy ....

But when I watch your video and listen to you speak ...... I almost expect a Crocodile to jump on screen and attack you while you spend the next ten minutes engaged in a life or death battle of will's, simultaneously explaining the crocodiles anatomy to the viewers.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Very nice video and report.

Ive been interested in the relationship between violent crime, psychiatry, drugs and demonic-possession. I actually use the word "entity" instead of demon just to show that there are non-religious-people (like me) who acknowledge the existence of some phenomenon or force negatively affecting humans. I know at least two psychiatrists personally who tend to be open toward the idea.

But even if there are no supernatural forces at work, the psychiatric conditions that lead to various horrifying events are well worth examining and understanding if we ever want to solve humanities biggest problems.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Seriously you think possession cases are psychological issues? wow- just wow.

You know the case where someone hears voices and then goes on a killing spree? The amount of newspaper stories and police reports of that happening are staggering. There is certainly something happening, whether its a psychological condition or entity-possession. An interdisciplinary look at the subject which combines science and spiritual ideas is long overdue.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join