It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have a theory on time travel.
I have thought of a way that we can finally prove if its real or not.

We all agree that though it isn't possible now , and some say that it cannot go before it was invented, However here is how we know if it is possible and being hidden or whatever.

Every one go to your calendar. Mark a day lets say tomorrow. Write a note and put it somewhere. Lets say safe deposit box or hidden in the garage.
Now write on the letter instructions that have the same day that you wrote on the calendar and kindly ask that either the later you or distant relative that can time travel do only this to not throw a collapse in our time, either travel back and take the letter or just scribble yes on it. At the bottom put is time travel real? ______

now put it where you said you would, tell your wife and kids that there is a Time capsule at said place for future generations and that they should make sure that all generations know. that it is very important to you that they know that this "Letter" is there and for further generations.

Every one who reads this should participate because if you don't there may be only a few that actually do this and we may not be related to someone that does "Time Travel"

Now the results should be immediately, the next day. you should check the letter everyday and post results if any here for the world to see.

Tell me what you think! I'm interested if someone finds flaws or can build on this idea!
edit on 15-11-2010 by rushunt because: spell check

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"I have thought of a way that we can finally prove if its real or not"

and your telling me albert didnt have a thought of a way we can finally prove it or not?

I actually posted this 2 weeks from now and am reading it 3 days before i actually wrote this
edit on 15-11-2010 by Socratic Method because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just went to the bank, and they said I already took out a security deposit box. wierd

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

Isn't the problem that the time traveller has to be able to get at the calendar in your present. The "yes" message can't just magically appear So a guy is going to turn up in your garden tomorrow night and start digging up your box, or turn up at your bank and have no way of getting at the safety deposit box because he would appear to be a crazy man talking about time travel
edit on 15-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That is actually true, the guy might find the box 25 years from now and write something on it, but he would have
to travel back to today so you can read it tomorrow ! which means you see someone in your garden today or
tomorrow who is trying to put the box back underground !

if he would only put it back underground 25 years from now, you would not see anything different tomorrow or today on the letter you put in it ! as he opens it in the future and puts it back under in the future.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I believe Stephen Hawking did a similar experiment on his 'Into the Universe' documentary series...except it was an invitation to a party or something to that effect, regardless, it was unsuccessful.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethyrial Symphony

To be fair if I had access to time travel and could go to any time and place I wanted, attending a party with Stephen Hawking wouldn't be high up on my list of "things to do"
edit on 15-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

lol I'm sure after a few beers he would make for some interesting company, Nonetheless you make a good point.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

top topics

join