It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of attraction or Law of repulsion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been wondering about the law of attraction lately. I've worked on myself to better consciously create my reality through law of attraction, using pretty much every technique available. And I've had successes, moments where everything just works out as if by magic. Although these are usually small things, like recently when I needed to save my money and cut out my daily $5 iced coffees from coffee bean... one particular day I was really craving it and was going to just buy one, but decided not to since I knew if I caved once I'd do it again and defeat the whole purpose. Anyway, that day I found someone's cell phone on the ground, got in touch with the owner and found out where I could drop off the phone - across from my local coffee bean. When I went to drop it off, I noticed a coupon advertising their one year anniversary and they were giving away free coffee. So I went, and because they knew me they gave me a free large (the promo was for small, but I always get a large) *and* they were giving out $5 gift cards. So I essentially got two coffees that day. I've had other, similar experiences, the biggest being manifesting a car out of the blue at a time when I really needed one but couldn't afford one.

I bring this up only to demonstrate that I have had moments where it seemed the law of attraction was working for me. But a lot of it has been hit or miss, and I knew it had to do with a lot of the mental and emotional baggage and thought patterns I had. It's taken a long time and a lot of work, but I've finally gotten rid of almost all of that baggage, and just recently had what felt like a transformative moment where I was just overcome with this feeling of well being and a certainty that everything would work out -- and have been pretty much feeling that ever since. It's the same feeling I've had when things did work out like above.

The thing is, since that transformative moment, not only have the small manifestations stopped completely, but it actually seems like the Universe or whatever is actively working against me. Instead of things working out as if by magic, it's like the reverse is happening -- things seem to be getting screwed up as if by magic. Like, a form gets lost, found a day too late and when it is found and entered into the computer system, it's done with a typo so that what you were waiting for never arrives and it ends up taking forever to get everything sorted out. Things like that, but all the time now. Even sure things have been messed up like that. I find it... puzzling.

For the most part, I've maintained that feeling of well being, despite some moments of annoyance at just how much things were not working out. So I'm just wondering... is this a thing? Like, is this part of the process? You finally -- after years and years -- get to a place of constant well being (which is awesome), but then everything goes to hell? I was thinking maybe it's my life being re-ordered or something. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, I won't say the Law of Attraction is necessarily bunk because such a thing could never be proven.

But...

For your own sanity's sake, I would recommend thinking about these things statistically. You really want things to happen, and think a lot about them, and sometimes they happen just the way you want them to and other times they happen just the opposite way and other times are more or less indifferent.

If that is your experience, you might want to think less about metaphysics and more about statistics.

Just saying...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

I see life as a yin-yang

When things are going really good and smooth, it's the beginning of something bad. And when things are going really crappy, good things are just around the corner!
edit on 15-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
For your own sanity's sake, I would recommend thinking about these things statistically. You really want things to happen, and think a lot about them, and sometimes they happen just the way you want them to and other times they happen just the opposite way and other times are more or less indifferent.

If that is your experience, you might want to think less about metaphysics and more about statistics.

But that's not my experience... I don't think I've ever experienced something happening just the way I want it to. It's either way better or totally different than I'd have thought (although the end result is what I want), or it doesn't happen at all.

In fact, I am thinking of statistics here, because a lot of the things I've experienced -- good and bad -- are statistically improbable. I should've put a disclaimer "law of attraction debunkers will be ignored because that's not what's in question here"... something weird is happening to me, it's just the opposite of the law of attraction.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nameless Hussy
But that's not my experience... I don't think I've ever experienced something happening just the way I want it to. It's either way better or totally different than I'd have thought (although the end result is what I want), or it doesn't happen at all.

In fact, I am thinking of statistics here, because a lot of the things I've experienced -- good and bad -- are statistically improbable. I should've put a disclaimer "law of attraction debunkers will be ignored because that's not what's in question here"... something weird is happening to me, it's just the opposite of the law of attraction.

Everything that happens is statistically improbable, as there are almost infinite other ways things could have happened. But something has to happen.

I do believe in synchronicity. I just would caution to take things that happen with a grain of salt and stay critically alert, or you might make yourself crazy and start identifying with your imagination. That's a scary road to go down.

I suspect the real meaningful synchronicites, when they happen, will not involve coffee.

Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nittin
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

When things are going really good and smooth, it's the beginning of something bad. And when things are going really crappy, good things are just around the corner!
edit on 15-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

That's not been my experience either. Hmm... maybe I'm just weird.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

For me, that was a real meaningful synchronicity, for various reasons. I've also had meaningful synchroncities surrounding getting a car, place to live, job, unexpected money... the usual. That was just the most recent and easiest example.

I really was hoping to hear from the more advanced practitioners here on ATS, to see if this weird reverse law of attraction is something people have experienced, or if it's just me. Because what's throwing me for a loop is not that bad things are happening. It's more the way in which they're happening and the fact that on an emotional/mental level, i am better than I've ever been. I've never experienced that in my whole life -- usually when things are just going wrong, if i take a step back I can see that I'm in a bad mindset. When things go well, it's the opposite. This is the first time that things are going annoyingly bad and I'm feeling better than I have before. Like i said, it's puzzling.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Perhaps it's your belief that things are going against you that is perpetuating it? I have found that the greatest tool in mainfestation is the power of your intent, creating that feeling inside yourself that you have already achieved your goal and that nothing can stop you. That feeling of being "in tension" with your goal,

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that i think this whole law of attraction, if interpreted as as magical way of getting "good" things to come into your life, is rubbish.

However, that isnt the way Ive come to understand it. The principles are if you have something on your mind constantly, your mind will find a way for it to manifest. With this i agree, but not because of some higher power giving it to you. IT IS ALL DOWN TO YOU.

So, my personal experience is I finished college with a standard performance, wayy below what I KNEW i was capable of. Even while i was working, earning experiences and desires through the newfound money I had from working, there was a part of me that was never truely happy, because deep down I wanted to go to university.

Then, from this emotion, showing me that my life wasnt on the true path I wanted for it, I began retaking exams, studying in my spare time, got my grades up, then got into the 4th best uni in the UK. The law of attraction simply was because I wanted it badly enough I FOUND A WAY to make it happen. I see the law of attraction as, as long as you do everything in your power to achieve what you want and you really go at it with your heart and soul, then the variables you cannot count on, (in this example the administration office accepting my application) will be provided. But YOU really have to go exhaust all the avenues you can and keep trying some more. Eventually the universe will resonate to your determined frequency.

I think this is a more realisitic and pragmatic approach to this wonderful / wishful thinking.

In "the secret" i do think they try to get this across.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The way I see it: The more you WANT "whatever it may be" (even though you don't NEED it), the farther away (or out or reach) "it" becomes. That's why don't expect or hope or pray too hard and just be in balance: Whatever will attract will come as NEEDED and whatever will repulse will go as NEEDED.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

But how can it be argued that I NEEDED university? I wanted it. Pursued it. And it came. Surely that is the law of attraction?

top topics

join