It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once-in-a-Lifetime Flu Shot that fights off ALL Strains is on its way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

A flu jab that is given just once in a lifetime should be available within five years.

Unlike the current vaccine, it would fight off all strains of the disease, from the winter flu that leaves millions feeling miserable each year, to deadly pandemic viruses.

And unlike the existing jab, the U.S.-developed drug would not have to be given each year.

Described as the ‘holy grail’ of flu research, just one or two shots could provide lifelong protection, a conference held by the Royal Society, Britain’s most prestigious scientific body, heard yesterday

Source

Well it's about time! Don't get me wrong, I hate a lot of vaccinations (not all), but I thought that this sort of thing would be common-place by now! How long have we been giving out vaccines for?

Somehow, though, I have a feeling this won't be pursued. Much money would be lost. That, or: the next big scary flu virus will come around, and the CDC will say "This strain may not be effected by your previous vaccination. Better get an upgraded shot just to be sure."
edit on 15-11-2010 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

This is horrible. I will never take this one either!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wait for the sheeple to take the flu shot first in case there are any long term side effects.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am not one for vaccinations. I won't be getting this one either.

Get in your Vitamin D and you don't have to worry about the flu. Eat healthy, drink water and exercise...it works wonders.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

A flu jab that is given just once in a lifetime should be available within five years.

Unlike the current vaccine, it would fight off all strains of the disease, from the winter flu that leaves millions feeling miserable each year, to deadly pandemic viruses.

And unlike the existing jab, the U.S.-developed drug would not have to be given each year.

Described as the ‘holy grail’ of flu research, just one or two shots could provide lifelong protection, a conference held by the Royal Society, Britain’s most prestigious scientific body, heard yesterday

Source

Well it's about time! Don't get me wrong, I hate a lot of vaccinations (not all), but I thought that this sort of thing would be common-place by now! How long have we been giving out vaccines for?

Somehow, though, I have a feeling this won't be pursued. Much money would be lost. That, or: the next big scary flu virus will come around, and the CDC will say "This strain may not be effected by your previous vaccination. Better get an upgraded shot just to be sure."
edit on 15-11-2010 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

We have an immune system for a reason. Isn't it interesting that a lot more people get sick in winter when there is less sunlight and we are not exposed to it much due to being indoors?

We should be getting min 15 mins - 20 mins full body exposure to the sun daily, or 20,000 IU of vitamin D (D3) as plan B.

God knows what crap they will combine with it and not disclose the ingredients.

For those that do take the shots, ask the doc for a list of the ingredients in the mix, I will be very surprised if they know.

When people have fever, its the immune system fighting the infection. I am surprised how many people think that's bad. Its your body's defence system.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i really don't see how this is possible. Flu and other viruses change themselves frequently to fight the vaccines that humans come up with as part of survival. While a virus isn't really alive it still changes itself injecting its DNA and replicating as quickly as possible, if it is near completely killed off there is a chance that the DNA will have changed to adapt to the current conditions or will do so in the near future which is partially why it is necessary to get a shot every year (even though i don't and have only gotten the flu 1 time in the past 10 years as opposed to getting it every year when i was a kid getting the shot all the time).

Put simply, everything changes to adapt to its situation and i dont see how a long term fix is even remotely possible. If someone knows more please inform me; i am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to viruses of course and am open to some reading should it be presented.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Exactly. If people could just change their lifestyle and give their body a little help it can go a long ways. I would never put that garbage in my body anyway, I rarely if ever get sick. Many people just want a quick fix with vaccines, it's just too much work to eat healthy, exercise and quit smoking!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I remember hearing about a universal flu vaccine based on something called the M antigen instead of the H or N groups, wonder if this is the same? At any rate, it was a couple of years back, same story, any flu you could catch had the same M sequence, it never varied, so the millennia was here.

Looked, no this is for one tiny bit of the H antigen that you don't normally target.

Like the Zen master said, we'll see.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Even if it was scientifically possible it will never happen. There is too much profit being made from treating the symptoms. E.g Tissues, drugs, lozenges, elixers, doctors fee's etc etc. Cure it big money gone!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I will never, ever have another flu shot.

The triple whammy I got a few weeks ago is still causing me side effects.

Before this years vaccine I was not opposed to vaccination on a voluntary basis.

I would not have said do or don't get the flu vaccine as I felt it would be irresponsible to influence anyone concerning their choice of health care and medications.

Of course not everybody will get side effects from the vaccine. But those that do will most certainly abstain from next years flu jab.

My side effects are/were a skin rash that had to be treated in the emergency room, lung congestion that still lingers on, sores still in my nose and pain still in legs and feet.

I had extensive blood work done Thursday last week and will see the doctor Thursday of this week.

No doubt the doctor will tell me my problems are due to a bug I caught right after I got the flu vaccine.

I will get a copy of my blood workup and send it to a some one I know that is qualified to give me truthful answers.

If in fact the vaccine caused my problems I will be actively protesting the flu vaccine next year.

My nose is very painful to touch. I can't stand up totally straight and I am in constant pain.

This is unlike any ailment I've ever experienced.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I got my flu shot two weeks ago, and I am just fine.

Where did you get your shot?
edit on 15-11-2010 by BattleStarGal because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
" Educated families increasingly refusing vaccinations "

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 15-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i think it is highly likely, that because of the incredible and evident failure of the attempts to scare the sh*t out of people regarding swine flu. as in the uk hardly anyone was vaccinated, and nothing came to light about it. taht this new flu jab is goign to be the one designed to make people infertile or mess people up in whatever way its designed.

it has a far more believable and realistic reason to take this, once in a lifetime shot, obviously people will see the reduction in hassle in the future. so why on earth would there suddenly be any shot out to actually help people. im sure it will be to face the epic failure of the swine flu mass vaccinations taht did not materialise. just ot point out that nearly every vaccine is worthless, toxic, and should be avoided at all costs bar none.
edit on 15-11-2010 by predisposed because: none needed.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
They can describe it as 'once in a lifetime' because after taking it lifetime wont be long

ie the virus wont mutate in the time you have left
edit on 16-11-2010 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nittin

This is horrible. I will never take this one either!!!!

Nor will i.

Amazing how they will try and sell this stuff. People are way over medicated. Yep people need drugs for pain, and serious illness, but man not for everything.

You know sometimes it is good for the body to have a cold, and its probably healthy in a cleansing way. Read this last sentecne you doctors and science people, sometimes it is good for you to be sick, like having a cold or something, or throwing up. The body may be doing it for a reason, lol.
edit on 11/16/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
what is wrong with having the flu once in a while?

new topics

top topics

join